Hey SanDiegans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey SanDiegans

You suck. Your team sucks and your women wear combat boots.

Okay now that I got that out of the way the real reason for this thread is a question about SD. My family and I are going on a road trip vacation this summer, Griswold style baby. Anyway, it'll be the first part of June and we will be spending a fair amount of time in that Hell Hole (just trying to keep it smack related ) and I was hoping to get some advice on cool places to take the family. Keep in mind I have a 6 & a 4 year old, so no ROD your video store is not the right place .

We already plan on going to the world famous SD Zoo qnd of course the beach. I figures if I posted this in here I would get more responses.

Thanks for any advice you fans of a lesser team ( again just keeping it smack related).

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
    You suck. Your team sucks and your women wear combat boots.

Okay now that I got that out of the way the real reason for this thread is a question about SD. My family and I are going on a road trip vacation this summer, Griswold style baby. Anyway, it'll be the first part of June and we will be spending a fair amount of time in that Hell Hole (just trying to keep it smack related ) and I was hoping to get some advice on cool places to take the family. Keep in mind I have a 6 & a 4 year old, so no ROD your video store is not the right place .

We already plan on going to the world famous SD Zoo qnd of course the beach. I figures if I posted this in here I would get more responses.

Thanks for any advice you fans of a lesser team ( again just keeping it smack related).
    Ha ha!

Anyway, when I took my kids to SoCal when they were about that age we did the obvious stuff (Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal studios, hit some beaches.)
    One of the things we did near SD was cross the border into Tijuana. I'm not so sure that is safe anymore, but it was a real eye opening experience for my kids. They were somewhat freaked out, but they really liked haggling for decent stuff at a cheap price.
    You also might look into some of the naval bases. Tours of naval vessels can be cool (depends upon your kids and what they like though.)

Comment

Without a doubt with kids that age, The SD Zoo and The Wild Animal Park. I've moved out of the area, but when my kids were little we had season passes to both and could spend hours there with them never getting bored. They are two totally different type exhibits, the zoo obviously more standard with enclosures (albeit incredible ones) and the Wild Animal park is like going to Africa and seeing animals as you would see them in the wild.

Sea World is fun also.

Then sticking with the smack theme, don't miss out on a tour of Qualcomm stadium where Bronco hopes go to die each year :-)

Comment

San Diego-ites.
        San Diego-ins.
        San Diego-uns.
        San Dieg-ons.
        San Diegans.

Comment

Wild Animal Park
          Sea World
          La Jolla Caves maybe? http://images.google.com/images?um=1..._rfai=&start=0

Comment

hmmmmmmm....... let me think..... oh, okay. Since you aren't Raiderjoe1, I'll try to keep it straight. The SD Zoo, Wild Animal Park, Lego Land, maybe the Gas Lamp or Old Town or Sea Port Village. I'd advise against TJ though. Never know what will happen down there. Heck, drive up the mountain to Julian where I live if you have time. It's an old historic mining town that has tried to keep everything as it was in the 1800's. We have "Apple Days" during the months of September thru October so a lot of folks come out for some of the local events that are going on. I try to stay out of town during that period, but tourist seem to love it. Maybe some others can point you toward some things to see and do that I have forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by girlzarefanstoo View Post
              Without a doubt with kids that age, The SD Zoo and The Wild Animal Park. I've moved out of the area, but when my kids were little we had season passes to both and could spend hours there with them never getting bored. They are two totally different type exhibits, the zoo obviously more standard with enclosures (albeit incredible ones) and the Wild Animal park is like going to Africa and seeing animals as you would see them in the wild.

Sea World is fun also.

Then sticking with the smack theme, don't miss out on a tour of Qualcomm stadium where Bronco hopes go to die each year :-)
              That is funny right there. No wait... no it isnt. Damn Charger fans!!!!!

Comment

Definitely the Zoo and Wild Animal Park first.

SeaWorld's great.

The Boardwalk has a nice carnival/theme park atmosphere.

Then Balboa Park is a nice place to top it off with a family picnic.

After that you can check out all the museums in Balboa.
                Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Thanks for allthe advice folks. I didn't know there was a Lego Land in SD. My son would love that. Wild animal park and the Zoo are for sure destinations of ours.

Oh and Rivers throws like a girl.

Comment

Thanks for allthe advice folks. I didn't know there was a Lego Land in SD. My son would love that. Wild animal park and the Zoo are for sure destinations of ours.

Oh and Rivers throws like a girl.
                    Stop by Chargers Park (training facility) on your way and shout "Rivers throws like a girl!"

Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

For your kids ages Sea world would be awesome , along with the animal park and zoo , Mission bay and a drive up pacific coast highway is fun as well

we went last year and did pretty much that.

If you go up near LA Universal and Hollywood blvd are fun to

However i wouldnt recommend going as far north as Oakland , we did and i got this crazy idea of taping $5 bills to my kids foreheads and having a foot race across downtown .... 2 of my kids had a blast.....the other is still missing

Comment

Originally posted by Mcharger70 View Post
                        For your kids ages Sea world would be awesome , along with the animal park and zoo , Mission bay and a drive up pacific coast highway is fun as well

we went last year and did pretty much that.

If you go up near LA Universal and Hollywood blvd are fun to

However i wouldnt recommend going as far north as Oakland , we did and i got this crazy idea of taping $5 bills to my kids foreheads and having a foot race across downtown .... 2 of my kids had a blast.....the other is still missing
                        Survival of the fittest right?

Comment

Yes Qualcomm

Originally posted by girlzarefanstoo View Post

Sea World is fun also.

Don't you mean the site where Denver won it's first Super Bowl... in your home stadium. Just Sayin.

:salute!::salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by powderblues View Post
                            Stop by Chargers Park (training facility) on your way and shout "Rivers throws like a girl!"

I would but I'd be afraid Kaeding would kck me. Nah, who am I kidding, he'd miss.

How much flak will I catch for wearing my Bronco gear?

Comment

I would but I'd be afraid Kaeding would kck me. Nah, who am I kidding, he'd miss.

How much flak will I catch for wearing my Bronco gear?
                              When I went to SD I wore everything Bronco related that I could. Got some dirty looks. I delivered some hot tubs and all of the forklift drivers had Charger flags. I had to wait to unload and I think they did that on purpose. But it was fun , probably wouldnt have been if I was beat up tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X