Hey SanDiegans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
    You suck. Your team sucks and your women wear combat boots.

Okay now that I got that out of the way the real reason for this thread is a question about SD. My family and I are going on a road trip vacation this summer, Griswold style baby. Anyway, it'll be the first part of June and we will be spending a fair amount of time in that Hell Hole (just trying to keep it smack related ) and I was hoping to get some advice on cool places to take the family. Keep in mind I have a 6 & a 4 year old, so no ROD your video store is not the right place .

We already plan on going to the world famous SD Zoo qnd of course the beach. I figures if I posted this in here I would get more responses.

Thanks for any advice you fans of a lesser team ( again just keeping it smack related).
    you should have said "and your women refuse to suck" or something like that lol
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyBlue View Post
      Don't you mean the site where Denver won it's first Super Bowl... in your home stadium. Just Sayin.

:salute!::salute!:
      denver lost to the redskins 42-10 there too lol
      sigpic

Comment

Hey Chaz

My buddy just went there last year and he saw all of those places mentioned with his kids (a little older than yours) but the one he still talks about is Lego land.

maybe you could build a full siz John Elway in blue and orange!! make the locals Cry

Have fun!
        sigpic

Comment

Before you go to Sea World, watch the documentary, The Cove.

You just might change your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
            denver lost to the redskins 42-10 there too lol
            The teams that actually have one the SB like to remember their victories lol, but since weve won more then youve been in you wouldnt know that.

Ive always liked the Wild Animal Park more then the Zoo, and yes Sea World is fun to

Balboa Park is amazing but if you are uncomfortable with gay people which some are it is a hot spot at night just to warn you. It is where many of the museums are located if you like that sort of thing but so does the downtown area. (they have a space museum, science museum, Padres sports museum, automotive museum, railroad museum, anthropological museum, and a history museum) I recommend the air and space museum.

Belmont Park is great for kids as a seaside park

La Jolla-Is beautiful but can be expensive, it has a nice aquarium although I prefer the one up here in Monterey. It is always fun to watch the harbor seals no matter where you are on the coast. They have tide pools which also exist near the Cabrillo Monument

Like Denver there is a Childrens Museum and I hear a fun Maritime Museum

Legoland maybe entertaining for the kids

Sports wise Denver has more teams but hey you can always go to the beach and surf. You can see a Padres game for $5 but ild rather go to a Rockies game for $4
            Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 05-02-2010, 04:29 AM.
            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

A couple of suggestions that I did not see mentioned.

1. Pt. Loma and the Cabrillo lighthouse and tourist museum. Ferdinand Cabrillo was the discoverer of California and they built the first missions and a fort which has been partially excavated just below the lighthouse. You will get to see an amazing view of the San Diego harbor entrance on one side and you can see all of downtown, the Coronado Bridge, and on clear days you can see all the way to Mexico and the islands just off the coast. And then the Pacific Ocean on the other side. And the drive along the peninsula that takes you there, passes Ft. Rosecrans military cemetery. Certain times of the year you can see the whales migrating either north or south.

2. While there around the lower downtown area, take one of the Harbor Excursions and see the Maritime Museum at the downtown embarcadero which includes the oldest iron hull ship afloat, the Star of India.

3. Go up to La Jolla and check out Scripps Museum. They have an amazing display of local sea creatures that is different than what Sea World offers. Not suggesting that you don't go to Sea World, but if you are into aquatic life, you would love the Scripps Museum also.

4. Go to Old Town San Diego and all the tourist stops. After you are done try the Old Town Mexican Cafe for the BEST example of local Mexican Food. The Carnitas are to DIE FOR!

5. Mt. Palomar observatory in the north county where they have the big telescope and it is open to the public. It sits on top of a mountain just east of Carlsbad.

6. The Hotel Del Coronado is another great old place that you might drop by to take a look at. It's on Coronado Island. Take the Bridge across your kids will dig it.

None of these suggestions cost much either. Have a nice trip.
              Last edited by Blitzmaster; 05-02-2010, 07:52 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                You suck. Your team sucks and your women wear combat boots.

Okay now that I got that out of the way the real reason for this thread is a question about SD. My family and I are going on a road trip vacation this summer, Griswold style baby. Anyway, it'll be the first part of June and we will be spending a fair amount of time in that Hell Hole (just trying to keep it smack related ) and I was hoping to get some advice on cool places to take the family. Keep in mind I have a 6 & a 4 year old, so no ROD your video store is not the right place .

We already plan on going to the world famous SD Zoo qnd of course the beach. I figures if I posted this in here I would get more responses.

Thanks for any advice you fans of a lesser team ( again just keeping it smack related).
                You could go to Stone Brewery in Escondidio see where the best beer in the world is brewed Arrogant Bastard. And if you're in SoCal and dont drive up to Fullerton and bring me a shirt, hat, or a hoodie from Black Kat Kustoms you may as well not even bother coming back to Colorado
                sigpic
                photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                  damnit DS!! i said disneyland!!

Comment

Originally posted by MightyHorse View Post
                    You could go to Stone Brewery in Escondidio see where the best beer in the world is brewed Arrogant Bastard. And if you're in SoCal and dont drive up to Fullerton and bring me a shirt, hat, or a hoodie from Black Kat Kustoms you may as well not even bother coming back to Colorado
                    Well if I was going to recommend drinking with the kids lol I would have sent him down Garnet Ave. where all the best bars/nightclubs are.
                    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post
                      Be sure to wear your Tebow jersey so people can laugh at you.

The usual places:
                      Sea World
                      Lego Land
                      Wild Animal Park
                      Balboa Park (next to SDZoo)-
                      Padres Game (you can get very cheap tickets and walk around the park)

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY DO NOT GO TO TIJUANA
                      Who in their right would even WANT to go to MEXICO these days??? Let alone TJ?
                      sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                        The teams that actually have one the SB like to remember their victories lol, but since weve won more then youve been in you wouldnt know that.

Ive always liked the Wild Animal Park more then the Zoo, and yes Sea World is fun to

Balboa Park is amazing but if you are uncomfortable with gay people which some are it is a hot spot at night just to warn you. It is where many of the museums are located if you like that sort of thing but so does the downtown area. (they have a space museum, science museum, Padres sports museum, automotive museum, railroad museum, anthropological museum, and a history museum) I recommend the air and space museum.

Belmont Park is great for kids as a seaside park

La Jolla-Is beautiful but can be expensive, it has a nice aquarium although I prefer the one up here in Monterey. It is always fun to watch the harbor seals no matter where you are on the coast. They have tide pools which also exist near the Cabrillo Monument

Like Denver there is a Childrens Museum and I hear a fun Maritime Museum

Legoland maybe entertaining for the kids

Sports wise Denver has more teams but hey you can always go to the beach and surf. You can see a Padres game for $5 but ild rather go to a Rockies game for $4
                        you've also lost 4 times as many as we've been in lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                          you've also lost 4 times as many as we've been in lol
                          You can't get laid if you don't at least get the woman in the room.

Comment

Working...
                          X