Broncos TWO 1st round picks and both reaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
    Excuse me. I meant Rivers' first 4 years as a starter.....I thought that was obvious.
    That's what I'm saying though BH. You can't compare a guys first four years in the league to a guys first six, even if he didn't start the first two. It's just not a fair comparison.

You guys know me, I always give Rivers his due. I just think it's too early to compare him to the greats of the game. I have no doubts that someday he'll be up there(I hate to say that), just not now.

I also think comparing eras is way too hard especially when it comes to QBs. If we looked at stats right now compared to the 80's it would probably look like not a single one of those old QBs could compare to the guys today.

I actually think we are in a bit of a "golden age" of QBs, a lot like we were in the mid 80's with Elway, Montana, Marino, Kelly, among others. But, I think some of the greatness of today's QBs is due to the rules changes and the overall emphasis on the passing game. There is no denying that the greats of today Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rivers are benefitting from this pass happy era.

Comment

• Elway: year 1 was 4-7 1 playoff lost
      Rivers: year 1 was 1-0 1 playoff lost

Elway: year 2 was 12-3 1 playoff lost
      Rivers year 2 was 0-1

Elway: year 3 was 11-5
      Rivers: year 3 was 14-2 1 playoff lost

Elway: year 4 was 11-5 2 playoffs won 1 lost (In the SB)
      Rivers: year 4 was 11-5 2 playoffs won 1 lost
      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
        Elway: year 1 was 4-7 1 playoff lost
        Rivers: year 1 was 1-0 1 playoff lost

Elway: year 2 was 12-3 1 playoff lost
        Rivers year 2 was 0-1

Elway: year 3 was 11-5
        Rivers: year 3 was 14-2 1 playoff lost

Elway: year 4 was 11-5 2 playoffs won 1 lost (In the SB)
        Rivers: year 4 was 11-5 2 playoffs won 1 lost
        LOL @ using 2 years Rivers didn't play. Cute!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
          LOL @ using 2 years Rivers didn't play. Cute!
          that was your claim the first 4 years, its not our fault that he had to do his yelling on the sidelines.

Comment

that was your claim the first 4 years, its not our fault that he had to do his yelling on the sidelines.
            I specified first 4 years starting.

Comment

I specified first 4 years starting.
              That doesnt mean a thing he had the same time to develop and still doesnt have the Conference championship even if you count the years after I listed. Win us.

Comment

That doesnt mean a thing he had the same time to develop and still doesnt have the Conference championship even if you count the years after I listed. Win us.
                LOL actually win us. Counting 2 years he didn't play is weak. Rivers had more wins, more playoff wins, better playoff numbers and better reg season numbers.

All Elway had was he made it to the SB and got whooped. So yeah he made it 1 game further vs faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar inferior opponents than what Rivers has faced.

Comment

LOL actually win us. Counting 2 years he didn't play is weak. Rivers had more wins, more playoff wins, better playoff numbers and better reg season numbers.

All Elway had was he made it to the SB and got whooped. So yeah he made it 1 game further vs faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar inferior opponents than what Rivers has faced.
                  So I guess the Jets whooping your butt in SD was nothing special since it was a 1 and done season

OK then Year 3-6
                  Elway 2 SB in 3 playoff appearances

Rivers 0 SB in 4 playoff appearances

Comment

Working...
                  X