Broncos TWO 1st round picks and both reaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
    Only because Moreno had 70 - 100 carries more than the other rookies. His 3.8 yard avg is horrible for the #12 overall pick. Not to mention that he had no carries over 40 yards and only 2 longer than 20.

I'll agree with Chazoe that Ayers was moved around and that could have been the reason behind his lack of production....but, 19 tackes = below average season.
    You Charger fans are all the same. NO team besides the mighty Chargers can possibly have good players. Spin that all you want, Moreno led all rookies and next season his ypc and yards WILL go up because of improvements on the offensive line( hopefully Clady will be back soon) He was being met by defenders on the wrong side of the line of scrimmage. It is very hard to get positive yards in those circumstances yet he still managed to. He is a rare talent and next season will prove me right.

Comment

[QUOTE=Boltheads;3270318]Mathews will gain more yards and score more TDs than Moreno. Guaranteed. Ready to Sig Bet anyone who disagrees.

I would take that bet, But, It is an unfair bet. GO
      HE>i

Comment

Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
        LMAO so bitter.. Truth hurts right?? Texans were going to take Mathews. No one was taking Tebow or Williams in the 1st. Nor was anyone going to take Alphonso Smurf in the 2nd.
        English >>>>>>>>>> Ayers. English had the better season and played more snaps for a reason.
        Back to back years with 2 first round picks and you get.
        Moreno, Ayers, Williams, Tebow??? LMAO WOW! I guess it only makes sense with the back to back epic choke jobs to have back to back choke drafts
        I think you mean Demaryius Thomas.
        Last edited by Broncoboy6; 05-01-2010, 03:01 PM.
        HE>i

Comment

I don't hate the Tebow pick because I do think he can be successful, but I'm not sure why the Broncos drafted him when a clearly superior prospect in Clausen was still on the board.

Comment

Mathews will gain more yards and score more TDs than Moreno. Guaranteed. Ready to Sig Bet anyone who disagrees.

English - 36 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble
            Ayers - 19 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles

They both underperformed, but it's obvious who had the better rookie year.
            I am fairly sure Ayers had a fumble or interception returned for a TD as well. He showed some skill despite not seeing a lot of playing time. I expect some big things out of him this year.
            http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...uff/hillis.gif

Comment

Originally posted by TheQBGuru View Post
              I don't hate the Tebow pick because I do think he can be successful, but I'm not sure why the Broncos drafted him when a clearly superior prospect in Clausen was still on the board.
              If you please sir, Provide Tebow's & Claussen's collegiate stats, Then you can measure from there.
              HE>i

Comment

Only because Moreno had 70 - 100 carries more than the other rookies. His 3.8 yard avg is horrible for the #12 overall pick. Not to mention that he had no carries over 40 yards and only 2 longer than 20.

I'll agree with Chazoe that Ayers was moved around and that could have been the reason behind his lack of production....but, 19 tackes = below average season.
                Moreno hit a rookie wall...it is just that simple. Through week 13 (standard college season) he posted a 4.25 avg behind a makeshift OL not designed for our new scheme.

Will he improve this year...completely possible given the resources spent on OL along with being more familiar with the offense and NFL in general. Guess we will just need to wait and see.

It is just plain stupid to talk smack on rookies though, since most emerge year 2 or three.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
                  If you please sir, Provide Tebow's & Claussen's collegiate stats, Then you can measure from there.
                  I think this is a good write up that covers a lot of important issues

http://walterfootball.com/jimmyclausenrams.php

Comment

Originally posted by Jer_ber73 View Post
                    You Charger fans are all the same. NO team besides the mighty Chargers can possibly have good players. Spin that all you want, Moreno led all rookies and next season his ypc and yards WILL go up because of improvements on the offensive line( hopefully Clady will be back soon) He was being met by defenders on the wrong side of the line of scrimmage. It is very hard to get positive yards in those circumstances yet he still managed to. He is a rare talent and next season will prove me right.
                    And (most) of you Bronco fans are all the same - unable to admit any of your team's shortcomings. Moreno's production will not go up. Your O-Line is transitioning to a new scheme and will be loaded with rookies and undersized veterans. Clady is likely gone for longer than you think. Without BMarsh, more teams are going to be 8 in the box to key on the run.

Comment

[QUOTE=Broncoboy6;3270495]
                      Mathews will gain more yards and score more TDs than Moreno. Guaranteed. Ready to Sig Bet anyone who disagrees.

I would take that bet, But, It is an unfair bet. GO
                      That's what I figured...unable to back your smack. Go away BroncoBoi.....

Comment

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                        was the draft yesterday? this would have been topical a week ago
                        Hes probably been drunk for a week after he realized they reached for Ryan Matthews who would have been available where we got Tebow missing out on the 2nd round

Then they reached for Donald Butler who was a 4th rounder in the 3rd which they traded a 6th and a 3rd for

Then they wasted a 5th rounder on a QB who will probably never play

They had maybe 3 good picks in the entire draft so he feels the need to get drunk black out for a week and mock us.
                        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

[QUOTE=Boltheads;3270548]
                          I'll take your bet. Right now. But we man up around here. If you win I'll be sure to do it. So you better too if I win..
                          sigpic
                          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

[QUOTE=Boltheads;3270548]
                            I will take the sig bet. I do not doubt Matthews will have some decent games, but he will deal with what all rookies deal with and that is a big adjustment to the NFL.

I seriously doubt Matthews gets 1000 yards this season, while I project Moreno at 1200+

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                            J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                            R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

If I was a broncos fan the thing that would worry me is Moreno's lack of explosion.

Comment

[QUOTE=Cutler2007;3270556]

I will take the sig bet. I do not doubt Matthews will have some decent games, but he will deal with what all rookies deal with and that is a big adjustment to the NFL.

I seriously doubt Matthews gets 1000 yards this season, while I project Moreno at 1200+
                                Make sure you clarify rushing yards and rushing touchdowns. He plainly said yards so he can include those receiving and/or returns (if by some chance either return any sort of kicks).

Comment

Working...
                                X