Broncos TWO 1st round picks and both reaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
    And (most) of you Bronco fans are all the same - unable to admit any of your team's shortcomings. Moreno's production will not go up. Your O-Line is transitioning to a new scheme and will be loaded with rookies and undersized veterans. Clady is likely gone for longer than you think. Without BMarsh, more teams are going to be 8 in the box to key on the run.
    What exactly leads you to believe that he wont be productive next season. If anything Moreno will have more yards because SD is a pass happy team. The run is an afterthought there and your RB probably wont break 700yds, not because of lack of talant but because of lack of carries.

Comment

Originally posted by TheQBGuru View Post
      If I was a broncos fan the thing that would worry me is Moreno's lack of explosion.
      I see plenty of explosion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92owAaBGf_A

Watch him hit the edge against KC and Washington, the screen pass against NE. A big problem our run D faced was everyone played up on us. Marshall was never a real deep threat. Moreno made plenty of guys miss, but there was always a guy right behind him.

Hopefully Thomas gives safeties a reason to stay back. Orton, or whoever, will need to show early they can hit the big pass.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

If I was a broncos fan the thing that would worry me is Moreno's lack of explosion.
        TD did not have explosion
        Neither did
        Walter Payton
        Emmit Smith
        Erik ****erson
        Tony Dorsett
        Jerome Bettis
        Marcus Allen
        or Franco Harris (all ran a 4.5 or higher)

You do not need speed to succeed in the NFL in-fact speed backs fail more often then not because they need better blocking to get outside and that speed deteriorates. Look what happened to LT without the best FB in the NFL. Speed backs need better blocking to succeed. Correll Buckhalter averaged 5.4 YPC last year dont tell me he is explosive.
        Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 05-01-2010, 03:44 PM.
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

I love how people read some obscure article from a players fresman year in college and the post it here thinking it is gospel. Moreno has plenty of explosion. He hits the hole with speed and explosion. He can make people miss in th open field and usuall breaks arm tackles. I seem to remember a few stiff arms that were violent. He is only going to get better with the improvements on the O-line like I have already stated. I dont pay attention to what people write. I know what I observed last year. I saw a rookie RB who towards the beginning of the season showed explosion and elusiveness. Power and speed. He always falls forward. Towards the end of the season where he wasnt used to the longer season ( happens to all rookie RB's) he seemed to lose a little. But I still saw him breaking tackles behind the line of scrimmage and still gaining positive yards. I see a star in the making and a very good running game for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
            I see plenty of explosion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92owAaBGf_A

Watch him hit the edge against KC and Washington, the screen pass against NE. A big problem our run D faced was everyone played up on us. Marshall was never a real deep threat. Moreno made plenty of guys miss, but there was always a guy right behind him.

Hopefully Thomas gives safeties a reason to stay back. Orton, or whoever, will need to show early they can hit the big pass.
            I don't see anything that I wouldn't expect out of a 3rd round back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jer_ber73 View Post
              I love how people read some obscure article from a players fresman year in college and the post it here thinking it is gospel. Moreno has plenty of explosion. He hits the hole with speed and explosion. He can make people miss in th open field and usuall breaks arm tackles. I seem to remember a few stiff arms that were violent. He is only going to get better with the improvements on the O-line like I have already stated. I dont pay attention to what people write. I know what I observed last year. I saw a rookie RB who towards the beginning of the season showed explosion and elusiveness. Power and speed. He always falls forward. Towards the end of the season where he wasnt used to the longer season ( happens to all rookie RB's) he seemed to lose a little. But I still saw him breaking tackles behind the line of scrimmage and still gaining positive yards. I see a star in the making and a very good running game for years to come.
              what?

Im talking about Morenon having (was it 0 or 1?) virtually no runs of over 20 yards or more.

Comment

What exactly leads you to believe that he wont be productive next season. If anything Moreno will have more yards because SD is a pass happy team. The run is an afterthought there and your RB probably wont break 700yds, not because of lack of talant but because of lack of carries.
                San Diego is not a pass happy team. Norv has relied on the pass because of the ineffectiveness of the rushing game. Look at his year's in Dallas with Emmit Smith....in Washington with Stephen Davis....even in 2007 in San Diego - he loves to run first to set-up the pass.

Mathews is going to be a workhorse and carry the ball 20+ times a game.

Comment

Chargersdivison over 5000 posts and all reaches.
                  Originally posted by baphamet
                  are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

I love how people read some obscure article from a players fresman year in college and the post it here thinking it is gospel. Moreno has plenty of explosion. He hits the hole with speed and explosion. He can make people miss in th open field and usuall breaks arm tackles. I seem to remember a few stiff arms that were violent.
                    Then how come he only had TWO carries over 20 yards in 16 games???

Comment

what?

Im talking about Morenon having (was it 0 or 1?) virtually no runs of over 20 yards or more.
                      And yet still managed to run for 900 + yds. Your reaching here. IT WAS HIS ROOKIE YEAR. Rookies usually take 2-3 yrs to mature from the college schedule. You started talking smack about QB's and failed and now youre failing here. Give it a rest.

Comment

what?

Thats more about blocking the guy has a better 20-yard shuttle time then Matthews because he is known for his lateral quickness.

The fact that in college he averaged 12.6 YAC is a big thing for a RB when he gets into the open field he is illusive last year we had no real strongside G or C to let him in open field. Buckhalter did well because as a vet who had to deal with below average blocking in Philly he has better vision.
                        Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 05-01-2010, 07:38 PM.
                        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

San Diego is not a pass happy team. Norv has relied on the pass because of the ineffectiveness of the rushing game. Look at his year's in Dallas with Emmit Smith....in Washington with Stephen Davis....even in 2007 in San Diego - he loves to run first to set-up the pass.

This is completley contradictory to what you have stated in the past. You and ROD both said the reason for less of a running game was directly related to Rivers. That with Rivers you didnt need an effective running game. Im sure Mathews will be a fine back and will be pretty good for you but according to you and ROD you dont even need him.

Comment

I don't see anything that I wouldn't expect out of a 3rd round back.
                            I am sure you have plenty of credentials to make that evaluation. I am guessing you feel every back taken in the 3rd round or sooner is an automatic 1000 yd rusher in the NFL.

Guess fans will see what they want to see, but hitting the edge and going untouched to the end zone indicates some form of explosiveness.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                            J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                            R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

I think this is a good write up that covers a lot of important issues
                              http://walterfootball.com/jimmyclausenrams.php
                              Are you seriously going to use a "JimmyClausen" link as your proof?, C'mon, You better come stronger than that.
                              HE>i

Comment

I think those days are done in the NFL BH. The one thing that scares me about Mathews as a player is his injury history. The Chargers would do well to not wear him down IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X