X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
    LOL actually win us. Counting 2 years he didn't play is weak. Rivers had more wins, more playoff wins, better playoff numbers and better reg season numbers.

All Elway had was he made it to the SB and got whooped. So yeah he made it 1 game further vs faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar inferior opponents than what Rivers has faced.
    So I guess the Jets whooping your butt in SD was nothing special since it was a 1 and done season

OK then Year 3-6
    Elway 2 SB in 3 playoff appearances

Rivers 0 SB in 4 playoff appearances

Leave a comment:

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    That doesnt mean a thing he had the same time to develop and still doesnt have the Conference championship even if you count the years after I listed. Win us.
    LOL actually win us. Counting 2 years he didn't play is weak. Rivers had more wins, more playoff wins, better playoff numbers and better reg season numbers.

All Elway had was he made it to the SB and got whooped. So yeah he made it 1 game further vs faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar inferior opponents than what Rivers has faced.

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    I specified first 4 years starting.
    That doesnt mean a thing he had the same time to develop and still doesnt have the Conference championship even if you count the years after I listed. Win us.

Leave a comment:

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    that was your claim the first 4 years, its not our fault that he had to do his yelling on the sidelines.
    I specified first 4 years starting.

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    LOL @ using 2 years Rivers didn't play. Cute!
    that was your claim the first 4 years, its not our fault that he had to do his yelling on the sidelines.

Leave a comment:

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Elway: year 1 was 4-7 1 playoff lost
    Rivers: year 1 was 1-0 1 playoff lost

Elway: year 2 was 12-3 1 playoff lost
    Rivers year 2 was 0-1

Elway: year 3 was 11-5
    Rivers: year 3 was 14-2 1 playoff lost

Elway: year 4 was 11-5 2 playoffs won 1 lost (In the SB)
    Rivers: year 4 was 11-5 2 playoffs won 1 lost
    LOL @ using 2 years Rivers didn't play. Cute!

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Elway: year 1 was 4-7 1 playoff lost
    Rivers: year 1 was 1-0 1 playoff lost

Elway: year 2 was 12-3 1 playoff lost
    Rivers year 2 was 0-1

Elway: year 3 was 11-5
    Rivers: year 3 was 14-2 1 playoff lost

Elway: year 4 was 11-5 2 playoffs won 1 lost (In the SB)
    Rivers: year 4 was 11-5 2 playoffs won 1 lost

Leave a comment:

• chazoe60
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
    Excuse me. I meant Rivers' first 4 years as a starter.....I thought that was obvious.
    That's what I'm saying though BH. You can't compare a guys first four years in the league to a guys first six, even if he didn't start the first two. It's just not a fair comparison.

You guys know me, I always give Rivers his due. I just think it's too early to compare him to the greats of the game. I have no doubts that someday he'll be up there(I hate to say that), just not now.

I also think comparing eras is way too hard especially when it comes to QBs. If we looked at stats right now compared to the 80's it would probably look like not a single one of those old QBs could compare to the guys today.

I actually think we are in a bit of a "golden age" of QBs, a lot like we were in the mid 80's with Elway, Montana, Marino, Kelly, among others. But, I think some of the greatness of today's QBs is due to the rules changes and the overall emphasis on the passing game. There is no denying that the greats of today Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rivers are benefitting from this pass happy era.

Leave a comment:

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Elway his first 4 years starting 2 playoff wins, Rivers 3. Elways first 5 years, 4 PO wins. Elway his first 6 years starting 4 playoff wins.

We won't even go over, reg season stats, wins, PO appearances, division titles, or playoff numbers.

Yes Elway has the better career. He better! For NOW! First 4 years, it's all Rivers, all day in every way.

Leave a comment:

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Umm, didn't Rivers sit his first two years? Charger fans never like to bring this part up. Apples and Oranges in so many ways.

When Elway played, especially early, DBs were actually allowed to play defense. There is no denying the difference in eras.

I like you Chaz. But don't go there.

Check out the 1986 NFL Leaders and Leaderboards including AFC and NFC results and standings on Pro-football-reference.com

That was in Elway's 4th year, no go back 3 more seasons and tell me how many times do you see Elway say in the top 10 of QB rating?? Or the many other 4 rows of QB stats.

Leave a comment:

• Boltheads
    replied
    Umm, didn't Rivers sit his first two years? Charger fans never like to bring this part up. Apples and Oranges in so many ways.

When Elway played, especially early, DBs were actually allowed to play defense. There is no denying the difference in eras.
    Excuse me. I meant Rivers' first 4 years as a starter.....I thought that was obvious.

Leave a comment:

• chazoe60
    replied
    Want me to compare Rivers first 4 years in the playoffs to Elways? Think about it before you say yes.

THINK HARD!! Because spinning will just be laughed at.
    You mean the way he took the Broncos to the SB by his fourth year in the league? Or how he played in the Playoffs as a Rookie, what was Rivers doing as a Rookie?

Leave a comment:

• ChargersDivison
    replied
    Sorry ROD, but Rivers has a long, long, long way to go to be in the class of Elway. It's just a fact. I think Rivers should try not sucking in the Playoffs before anyone even mentions his name in the same breath as Elway.
    Want me to compare Rivers first 4 years in the playoffs to Elways? Think about it before you say yes.

THINK HARD!! Because spinning will just be laughed at.

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied

I think boltheads was actually struck by lightning so just ignore his poor logic.

Philip Rivers releases some steam before the NFL playoffs. (Created January 2008)

Leave a comment:

• chazoe60
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
    I didn't bring the comparison into play....but, I'm not going to ignore it. Rivers' first 4 years is superior to Elways - stats and wins - it's a fact.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X