Offseason Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason Report

I found this on the internet, makes a good point as to why we should be pissed at McDaniels
    http://www.footballfanspot.com/denverbroncos.htm

Originally posted by stevenlourie View Post
    I found this on the internet, makes a good point as to why we should be pissed at McDaniels
    Awesome first post! Not!
    sigpic

Comment

Wow , this report is terrible.

No, I dont mean that McDaniels moves were terrible but this reporting is pathetic.

Just trying to jump on the bandwagon of hating McDaniels.

Rush LB as a position of need? Ayers and Dumervil, with Reid is a pretty good group.

Middle LB? We have Haggen moving inside, he is a very good run defender.

This guy doesnt know what he's talking about.

"but guard isn’t a big need for them either."

And then he has guard listed as a position of need at the bottom.

What a terrible attempt at evaluating an offseason.
      A book I wrote

Comment

That sites not credible. And dont you know its to early to judge this draft. You made an account just to put this amatuer article up? Not convincing.

If you hate McDaniels thats understandable, but actually come up with a good reason and not this crappy article.

Comment

Beadles is a pretty big reach here and I can’t say he fills a huge need. Beadles can play some guard, but guard isn’t a big need for them either.
          Flop

Nose Tackle:

They played Ronald Fields, a 311 pound former backup 3-4 defensive end as their primary nose tackle this year. The only reason they were better this season against the run is because, well, it was hard to be worse than they were in 2008 and/or Mike Nolan is a defensive genius. However, better doesn’t necessarily mean good. They were still really bad against the run, especially late in the season. A real nose tackle could fix that.
          ummmmm he's forgetting someone

stopped reading after this.. dumb people make me

sigpic

Comment

My guess is the OP wrote it, just trying to get hits to his lame page.
            Where is this season going?

Comment

That has to be one of the worst articles i have EVER read when it comes to Broncos football... And just an FYI, 90% of us were extremely happy with this draft. So you argument for why we should be pissed at McDaniels is pretty irrelevant on these boards. :paper:

I stopped reading after this.

#25 QB Tim Tebow (Florida)

This is an interesting pick. I love Tebow and I think he can be a solid quarterback in the NFL. I think Tebow has to be very pleased with going to the Broncos. He won’t have to contribute right away. Josh McDaniels, as moronic of a drafter as he is, is good with quarterbacks. Tebow also fits the shotgun style offense the Broncos run. However, I can’t give them a great grade considering they traded up, losing a ton of value according to the NFL Draft Trade Value Chart in the process, to take Tebow over Jimmy Clausen. Plus, I can’t say quarterback was a huge need for the Broncos considering they already have Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn on the roster and their run defense is still horrible.
              It was also a joke he gave us an F for the selection of Zane Beadles... He is considered to be one of the best Guard prospects in this entire draft, and is a very solid locker room leader.

Giving us a C on Perrish Cox and a B+ on Syd'quan Thompson just shows how big of a joke this guy is.

Comment

Well Steven, I guess you will have to quit your dream of becoming a sports writer.

Article: F-
                sigpic

Comment

This may just be the worst article I have ever seen in my life. It's absolutely awful. Whoever wrote it should just give up. He says McDaniels is a moron while he is the real moron. Sorry but that was a terrible 1st post.
                  Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Oh hey, look at that. There's a twitter feed on that page, from a guy named "stevenlourie". I wonder who could've written this "report" that you "found."

Originally posted by stevenlourie
                    broncos fans r the worst. those people eat u alive if u bash their management. i hope they win 4 games next year
                    Or maybe we're "eating u[sic] alive" because your "report" is inaccurate, not well thought out, and generally garbage. Do some basic research next time. Don't be surprised that an article bashing the Broncos for illegitimate reasons isn't well received here.
                    Last edited by The_Roses_Thorn; 05-02-2010, 02:34 PM.
                    RIP Darrent Williams

Comment

Originally posted by stevenlourie

Dumervil is a free agent next year and ayers doesn't fit the scheme and didn't play well last year. they may move him to end.

Haggen is alright, I would want an upgrade if I was the Broncos, but I get it, solid against the run, iffy in pass coverage

Key words "a big need" guard is listed way at the bottom of my needs list. i didn't say not a need at all.
                      By all accounts we are going to try to extend Dumervil. And even so, we have him for this year, so why would we draft an OLB early?

Ayers actually played pretty well for a rookie. He did what the coaches asked him to as he adjusts to OLB. He's expected to start this year and is athletic enough to play the position. Why does everyone assume he doesnt fit the scheme?

And guard IS a big need for us. If you actually took the time to study our situation instead of listening to analysts who dont like us, you would know that interior line was our biggest weakness heading into the draft. Hence, the reason we took three interior lineman.

And our defensive front seven was helped out tremendously by our FA signings.
                      A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by stevenlourie View Post
                        you found it on the internet or in your Word documents?

yikes. if you didn't write it, then maybe you should visit more credible sites...

or maybe you have the "i found it on the internet, it must be correct" mentality.

if you DID write it... i am sorry. i don't think any of the proven analysts or what have you even gave us that crappy of a grade and a lot of them are confused on why we drafted the way we did.

this thread and this article are:

sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Roses_Thorn View Post
                          Oh hey, look at that. There's a twitter feed on that page, form a guy named "stevenlourie". I wonder who could've written this "report" that you "found."

Or maybe we're "eating u[sic] alive" because your "report" is inaccurate, not well thought out, and generally garbage. Do some basic research next time. Don't be surprised that an article bashing the Broncos for illegitimate reasons isn't well received here.
                          Haha, I knew that twitter post, would come back to haunt me. I'll tell you what. If you win more than 6 games next yr, I'll give an apology.

Comment

You lost me with the assessment of Demaryius Thomas. That was just...idiotic is the only word I can think of.
                            Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                              you found it on the internet or in your Word documents?

yikes. if you didn't write it, then maybe you should visit more credible sites...

or maybe you have the "i found it on the internet, it must be correct" mentality.

if you DID write it... i am sorry. i don't think any of the proven analysts or what have you even gave us that crappy of a grade and a lot of them are confused on why we drafted the way we did.

this thread and this article are:

Proven analysts, even if they were confused, which you said they are, don't give bad grades because they don't want to piss people off.

Comment

Working...
                              X