Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell being Russell again

From ESPN

Update: In spite of a glowing report from Cam Inman of the Oakland Tribune after JaMarcus Russell's first day at Oakland Raiders mini-camp, it appears the QB is back to his old tricks. Vittorio Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle wrote Monday that Russell "seemed to regress each day of the mini-camp and was throwing line drives at receivers' ankles again." Nice. Well, that brings us back to considering what team will want the QB following his seemingly inevitable release.

Given Russell's struggles at the professional level, it's hard to get a read on what team would be the best fit at this point, but Cleveland Browns fan blog DawgsByNature.com has a post clamoring for the team to sign Russell. Could Mike Holmgren be the guy to help Russell turn his career around? Earlier suggestions we've heard have been the Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins.

On Friday, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter came through with a very interesting idea on a new possibility if Russell is released (Sean Payton and the Saints). Over the weekend, ESPN.com's Bill Williamson wrote that Russell had the look of a fighter heading into offseason workouts. Makes sense, given that he is "fighting" to reclaim some semblance of an NFL career. But on Tuesday, Williamson wrote that he isn't sure JaMarcus still has a puncher's chance:

What a giant turd nugget.

Is this really news?

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
      Is this really news?
      No because noone would be surprised by this. Even Russells family were guessing this would happen. It would be news if he actually did well
      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
        No because noone would be surprised by this. Even Russells family were guessing this would happen. It would be news if he actually did well
        Exactly, no one should be surprised Russell stunk it up again..

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
          What a giant turd nugget.
          Who? Russel or Bill Williamson?

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
            Who? Russel or Bill Williamson?
            Howard Cosell.

Comment

Im surprised a lot of people are even expecting to see more from Russell then you already have.

Comment

He needs to retire and go into professional eating. Look out Kobayashi
                sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                  It would be news if he actually didn't make 5 trips to the buffet everynight.

Comment

Originally posted by martz11 View Post
                    It would be news if he actually didn't make 5 trips to the buffet everynight.
                    5 trips? I think its much more than that
                    sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

This is not what we want to hear.

I want to hear that he's doing great throwing to a bunch of WR's with no pressure and in shorts so he wins the starting job.

I want Russell to start.

I dont want to see Campbell in there. That dudes gonna make the Faiders offense pretty damn good. We want Russell!!! Give us Russell!!!!!!

If Campbell starts, I wouldnt be surprised to see the Faiders win 9 games

Comment

Originally posted by Bobs My Uncle View Post
                        This is not what we want to hear.

I want to hear that he's doing great throwing to a bunch of WR's with no pressure and in shorts so he wins the starting job.

I want Russell to start.

I dont want to see Campbell in there. That dudes gonna make the Faiders offense pretty damn good. We want Russell!!! Give us Russell!!!!!!

If Campbell starts, I wouldnt be surprised to see the Faiders win 9 games
                        Nah because then the Raiders and the Chargers drafted the 2 biggest busts in NFL history the longer he stays and the better he does the more chance he will barely make the list

Comment

Lmao bronco fans are claimoring over minicamp..new flash folks russel wil get better when teh games count..he is a francihse qb..sumthing bronco team dont hav at curent time
                          all hail Al Davis..greaest owner n nfl historiy...has builde raider team ibnto a dynasty thad wil be formidable for yrs to come

Comment

Originally posted by Raiderjoe1 View Post
                            Lmao bronco fans are claimoring over minicamp..new flash folks russel wil get better when teh games count..he is a francihse qb..sumthing bronco team dont hav at curent time
                            Under what evidence even his old Center said he doesnt have the drive to be an NFL QB. He was replaced last year for good reason and that was more embarassing then Frerotte replacing Heath Shuler

Comment

If Russell was a woman....

Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X