Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEA investigating Chargers, Padres doctors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DEA investigating Chargers, Padres doctors

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100630/...hargers_padres
    SAN DIEGO – The Drug Enforcement Administration said Tuesday it is investigating doctors affiliated with the San Diego Chargers and Padres to verify the accuracy of controlled substance inventories, records, reports and other documents required to be kept under the Controlled Substances Act.

    Agency spokeswoman Amy Roderick said 10 administrative inspection warrants were served within San Diego County, including at the offices of the Chargers and Padres, where records and inventories were checked.

    There currently are no administrative charges, criminal charges or indictments pending for any of the physicians or pharmacies where the warrants were served, she said.

    The Chargers recently released safety Kevin Ellison, who was arrested in May in Redondo Beach on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance. Police said a search of Ellison's vehicle turned up 100 pills of Vicodin, which is a controlled substance.

    "In regards to the ongoing investigation involving Kevin Ellison, the Vicodin in Kevin's possession was not provided by the Chargers, its physicians or anyone affiliated with the team," the team said in a statement released Tuesday night.

    The Chargers said they are cooperating with the investigation.

    The Padres also said in a statement that they are cooperating with the DEA, and that they have been told that none of their players or front-office employees are being investigated.
    Naaaaaaw?!? Srsly?!? I'm SHOCKED!
    sigpic

  • #2
    Although its funny and kinda provides ammunition towards smack, its not a big deal and will dissolve.


    and lol at:

    "The Chargers recently released safety Kevin Ellison, who was arrested in May in Redondo Beach on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance. Police said a search of Ellison's vehicle turned up 100 pills of Vicodin, which is a controlled substance."


    They coulda wrote that better so they don't repeat 'controlled substance'.....

    Comment


    • #3
      LOL,
      Broncos hoping DEA arrests Philip Rivers so they don't have to face him in 2010.
      Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
        LOL,
        Broncos hoping DEA arrests Philip Rivers so they don't have to face him in 2010.
        Well, considering the Charger LB's have a 50% arrest rate the chances are pretty good! :dance:
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

        Comment


        • #5
          Merriman can say goodbye to a productive season, again...

          Comment


          • #6
            WHAT? Football is a high impact sport? WHAT? Football players might take pain killers? OMGNOWAI!

            As long as the drug being given isn't heavily abused and effect the outcome of the game I don't really care. Sometimes people need to sooth the pain in order to keep their jobs.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              Well, considering the Charger LB's have a 50% arrest rate the chances are pretty good! :dance:
              I'm sure you and alot of other Bronco fans would love it if Rivers got arrested and hand cuffed. How does it feel to have your team hancuffed by Rivers 4 out of 6 games? I can't remember the last time a Bronco QB owned the Chargers like Rivers owns the Broncos right now.
              Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

              Comment


              • #8
                I think it's hilarious that the same people that whine endlessly about deferring salary cap payments and can't seem to get the Hell over it while trying to make it out to be some huge thing are sitting here trying to dismiss that their team is now and always has been a bunch of cheating dopers.


                And still haven't managed to win a damned thing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tarquin View Post
                  I think it's hilarious that the same people that whine endlessly about deferring salary cap payments and can't seem to get the Hell over it while trying to make it out to be some huge thing are sitting here trying to dismiss that their team is now and always has been a bunch of cheating dopers.


                  And still haven't managed to win a damned thing.
                  ya see, here's the thing, pain killers have no outcome to a game. They are not performance enhancers. An investigation is just what it indicates, an investigation. It doesn't mean the Chargers are guilty but I am not stupid enough to believe that no Chargers take unprescribed pain killers. And you shouldn't be stupid enough to believe that none of the Broncos do either.

                  Now, when it comes to steroids and other performance enhancing drugs, you're quick to label Merriman as a steroid head but failed to remember that one of the Broncos best LB's at the time of their SB's is an admitted steroid freak in Romo.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DoJo Chargerfan View Post
                    ya see, here's the thing, pain killers have no outcome to a game. They are not performance enhancers. An investigation is just what it indicates, an investigation. It doesn't mean the Chargers are guilty but I am not stupid enough to believe that no Chargers take unprescribed pain killers. And you shouldn't be stupid enough to believe that none of the Broncos do either.

                    Now, when it comes to steroids and other performance enhancing drugs, you're quick to label Merriman as a steroid head but failed to remember that one of the Broncos best LB's at the time of their SB's is an admitted steroid freak in Romo.
                    "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'." - Bill Romanowski

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                      Pain killer smack huh??? Must be a boring day in mile high. /:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This is a serious situation and could prove to be a huge distration for that lockeroom, if you have some players on that team with prescription drug addictions going into this season then you have problems, this is an issue all NFL teams have to deal with each year, these players get banged up and start taking Pain Killers and a few of these guys get hooked, the best defense against these guys getting hooked on this stuff are the Doctors that treat and monitor the players health and recovery, but in the case of the Doctors that are treating the Chargers, if they are dirty or doing things the wrong way by writing unnecessary prescriptions or slipping a player a hand full of pain killers under the table for a few bucks, this could be big trouble for the team, some of these guys might have to go to rehab or be cut from the team, you cant have a guy on the field going thru the DTs because his connection got shut down by the FBI.
                        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                          This is a serious situation and could prove to be a huge distration for that lockeroom, if you have some players on that team with prescription drug addictions going into this season then you have problems, this is an issue all NFL teams have to deal with each year, these players get banged up and start taking Pain Killers and a few of these guys get hooked, the best defense against these guys getting hooked on this stuff are the Doctors that treat and monitor the players health and recovery, but in the case of the Doctors that are treating the Chargers, if they are dirty or doing things the wrong way by writing unnecessary prescriptions or slipping a player a hand full of pain killers under the table for a few bucks, this could be big trouble for the team, some of these guys might have to go to rehab or be cut from the team, you cant have a guy on the field going thru the DTs because his connection got shut down by the FBI.
                          Do you honestly think this is going to be a huge distraction in the lockeroom? A huge problem for the Doctors if they are found to have been breaking the law yes. A distraction to the Chargers lockeroom??? Come on man lets not get too crazy. The players werent breaking the law as long as they werent selling the drugs and there wasnt one reference saying thats what the investigation is looking into.

                          I'm sure there are other things you can attempt to smack Chargers fans with but this is truely weak stuff.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
                            Do you honestly think this is going to be a huge distraction in the lockeroom? A huge problem for the Doctors if they are found to have been breaking the law yes. A distraction to the Chargers lockeroom??? Come on man lets not get too crazy. The players werent breaking the law as long as they werent selling the drugs and there wasnt one reference saying thats what the investigation is looking into.

                            I'm sure there are other things you can attempt to smack Chargers fans with but this is truely weak stuff.
                            Im not smacking, i did say all the NFL teams have to deal with this issue, my point is if you have some drug addicts in the lockeroom who are being supplied illegal prescription drugs by some shady Doctors it can have a negative effect on your team and your season, and if you dont think its a big deal then you are very foolish and i would almost say you are living in a sheltered fantasy world, maybe the FBI should run a drug screen on the Kool-Aid some of these Charger fans are drinking because some of these responses about this issue not being a big deal really makes no sense to a logical, thinking, clear minded adult.
                            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tarquin View Post
                              I think it's hilarious that the same people that whine endlessly about deferring salary cap payments and can't seem to get the Hell over it while trying to make it out to be some huge thing are sitting here trying to dismiss that their team is now and always has been a bunch of cheating dopers.


                              And still haven't managed to win a damned thing.
                              what i want to know is why are the saints not considered "cheating dopers" as well? and why are broncos fans such as yourself so naive to think your teams players don't dope as well?

                              also, i hope i don have to tell you this means the chargers are and always have been "cheating dopers" because they are being investigated.

                              you are comparing an investigation to a 100% fact in what your organization did.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X