DEA investigating Chargers, Padres doctors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    You guys better had beaten the Browns, the way ROD talks your team up, you would think, they would've beatern them by the margain the Pats beat the Titans...
    Yet last year the Browns beat 2 teams down the stretch that were able to beat the Broncos (Oak & KC). One of which destroyed you on the final week of the season. So i'd be careful about throwing stones at the browns.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
      Yet last year the Browns beat 2 teams down the stretch that were able to beat the Broncos (Oak & KC). One of which destroyed you on the final week of the season. So i'd be careful about throwing stones at the browns.
      And we beat the Browns ourselves am I correct? Where did I "Throw a stone" at the Browns? I'm just saying, ROD talks up your team like they're the best team in NFL history, you would expect SD would've blew em out by 60 or something.

Comment

Originally posted by DoJo Chargerfan View Post
        ya see, here's the thing, pain killers have no outcome to a game. They are not performance enhancers. An investigation is just what it indicates, an investigation. It doesn't mean the Chargers are guilty but I am not stupid enough to believe that no Chargers take unprescribed pain killers. And you shouldn't be stupid enough to believe that none of the Broncos do either.

Now, when it comes to steroids and other performance enhancing drugs, you're quick to label Merriman as a steroid head but failed to remember that one of the Broncos best LB's at the time of their SB's is an admitted steroid freak in Romo.
        Absolutely WRONG. Pain killers DO in fact effect the outcome of games. If taking a pain killer allows a player to play through pain that he otherwise would not have, THAT my friend is a PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUG. Make no mistake about it. It allows the player to PERFORM when they otherwise would not be able to. It is illegal. And according to the controlled substance act, they are supposed to be keeping track of it, who gets it, and how much. The Chargers doctors are looking more like dope dealers every minute.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blitzmaster View Post
          Absolutely WRONG. Pain killers DO in fact effect the outcome of games. If taking a pain killer allows a player to play through pain that he otherwise would not have, THAT my friend is a PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUG. Make no mistake about it. It allows the player to PERFORM when they otherwise would not be able to. It is illegal. And according to the controlled substance act, they are supposed to be keeping track of it, who gets it, and how much. The Chargers doctors are looking more like dope dealers every minute.
          Do you really think no Broncos players played last year while on pain killers???

Comment

Do you really think no Broncos players played last year while on pain killers???
            That is not the issue. IT'S KEEPING TRACK OF IT that the Chargers and Padres seem to have a problem with THAT IS the issue. As long as it's within the rules I don't care. Level playing field for everybody. When the Chargers doctors can't do what the other 31 team doctors seem to be able to, that draws some suspicion of possible cheating. There it is.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blitzmaster View Post
              That is not the issue. IT'S KEEPING TRACK OF IT that the Chargers and Padres seem to have a problem with THAT IS the issue. As long as it's within the rules I don't care. Level playing field for everybody. When the Chargers doctors can't do what the other 31 team doctors seem to be able to, that draws some suspicion of possible cheating. There it is.
              How do you know they have done anything wrong yet? Has the investigation come to that conclusion allready or have you decided that on your own???

Comment

Originally posted by DoJo Chargerfan View Post
                WHAT? Football is a high impact sport? WHAT? Football players might take pain killers? OMGNOWAI!

As long as the drug being given isn't heavily abused and effect the outcome of the game I don't really care. Sometimes people need to sooth the pain in order to keep their jobs.
                Or enhance themselves so they can inflict pain on others (Merriman). Question for ya though, if Gates foot doesn't hold up, who is Rivers gonna throw the ball to? Floyd, Davis, uh, is that it?

Seriously, without Jackson, or maybe even with Jackson your recieving core is a joke!

You guys had your 6 or 7 year drug induced run, the window is closing quickly and you will lay dormant for another 10 years, so, was fun while it lasted!

Comment

How do you know they have done anything wrong yet? Has the investigation come to that conclusion allready or have you decided that on your own???
                  Actually, if you read through my responses on this thread, I make it perfectly clear that I AM SPECULATING. However, where there is smoke there is usually fire. I will leave it at that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                    Or enhance themselves so they can inflict pain on others (Merriman). Question for ya though, if Gates foot doesn't hold up, who is Rivers gonna throw the ball to? Floyd, Davis, uh, is that it?

Seriously, without Jackson, or maybe even with Jackson your recieving core is a joke!

You guys had your 6 or 7 year drug induced run, the window is closing quickly and you will lay dormant for another 10 years, so, was fun while it lasted!
                    If our receiving corp is a joke, your is a disaster. With VJ we have a top 5 receiving corp. Without, we still easily have the best in the AFCW with KC being second.

SD's window doesn't and wont close. Den doesn't even have a window to open. Does it suck?

Comment

Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
                      If our receiving corp is a joke, your is a disaster. With VJ we have a top 5 receiving corp. Without, we still easily have the best in the AFCW with KC being second.

SD's window doesn't and wont close. Den doesn't even have a window to open. Does it suck?
                      Well, Gates is the top player you have catching the ball, very good TE and he makes the Chargers passing game flow, but once you look past him and VJ for the Chargers and Marshall for the Broncos....its slim pickens in the WR department.

Malcom Floyd 45 catches 776 yards 1 TD

Jabar Gaffney 54 catches 732 yards 2 TDS

Legedu Naanee 24 catches 242 yards 2 TDs

Eddie Royal 37 catches 345 yards 0 TDs

I think Gates and Sproles(out of the backfield) will pick up some of VJs slack and keep things running for the Chargers, but if one of those guys gets hurt or misses some time its really gonna slow things down.

As far as the Broncos go, its WR corp is a big question mark, Gaffney is a solid number 2, Royals a number 1 if he plays like he did as a rookie and somebody actually throws some passes his way, the Rookie Thomas is really good but you never know what a rookie will give you plus he is recovering from a foot injury, Brandon Loyd can play but he has always been a head case, Stokley is really slowing down and getting alot of injuries, im not sure he will make it thru camp without being cut and joining Shanny in Washington, I think the wild card for the broncos WR corp this season is Eric Decker , i really like this guy and i think he can get on the field alot this season for the Broncos.
                      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X