Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simms claims he was smoking "cigarettes"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-cigarrettes/

Chris Simms admits he told he police he was smoking when he was pulled over by police in Manhattan, but not that kind of smoking.

"My client never admitted to smoking marijuana that night. He said he was smoking cigarettes that night," Simms' attorney, Nathan Semmel, told the New York Post.

Simms' wife, who is eight months pregnant, was in the passenger seat when he was pulled over. Two passengers were in the back seat. But Semmel would like to throw them under the bus.

"The D.A. should investigate whether those two individuals were responsible for the marijuana odor. Witnesses will also corroborate that he never smoked marijuana in the car that day. It is absurd to think . . . he would ever drive in any condition intoxicated while his wife was eight months pregnant," said Semmel.

It looks like Santonio and I will have to look elsewhere to find a new wake n bake buddy in the city.
    Wait.....wait......say whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?

He said he was smoking cigarettes that night," Simms' attorney, Nathan Semmel, told the New York Post.
    Simms' wife, who is eight months pregnant, was in the passenger seat when he was pulled over.
    Chrissy, just because you aint got no spleen doesnt mean your kid doesnt need its internal organs functional.
    sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

It's a shame, it seems like Simms isn't mature enough to have a child. I feel bad for the kid.

Comment

This is like talking about Hugh Millen
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
        http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-cigarrettes/

Wait.....wait......say whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?

Chrissy, just because you aint got no spleen doesnt mean your kid doesnt need its internal organs functional.
        He said he was smoking cigs THAT NIGHT.... didn't say that he was with her when he was smoking.

Comment

Don't think I'd ever want to be Simms' friend. Dude just lets his lawyer try and hang his buddies out to dry...
          Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

This seems like an obvious cover story to me. He's seen his attorney, and now they are on damage control. Cigarettes...yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

Either way, what on earth is ANY NFL athlete doing smoking CIGARETTES? If that is true (which I highly doubt) that he was puffing a Marlboro, I wonder if McDaniels knew he was a closet cigarette smoker? I don't see it. Nah, I think ol' Chris was puffing a doob riding home in the car with his pregnant wife (and let's face it, if she was in the car with him she was probably hitting the joint too), and they got pulled over. Now the cigarette twist is an attempt to fix a bungle IMO. Whatever...

That would explain Jeff Spiccoli's performance in that Washington game last year when he took over after Orton got hurt...not to mention the San Diego game...
            sigpic

Comment

who cares? a weed charge is a wasted charge and a waste of state and county money.

Comment

Originally posted by DoJo Chargerfan View Post
                who cares? a weed charge is a wasted charge and a waste of state and county money.
                BUT BUT BUT.. BUT.... BUT....

Truth!

Comment

He said the cop coerced him in to saying the cigarette was a weed cig and not your standard nicotine
                  Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Smoke all the weed you want.........after your NFL Football Career is over, of course maybe he is starting to realize his career is already over, in that case, fire it up dude!
                    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Personally I think saying he was smoking a regular cig is worse that admitting it was weed. A pro athlete who smokes, and blows second hand smoke around his pregnant wife?!

Dude, just admit it was a doob and take your suspension from the league like a man.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
                        It's a shame, it seems like Simms isn't mature enough to have a child. I feel bad for the kid.
                        At least Phil Simms was decent.

The kid's going to ask why Chris is such a bust.
                        sigpic

Comment

meh, he'll be smoking something else in prison

Comment

Originally posted by RDAvena View Post
                            meh, he'll be smoking something else in prison
                            He didn't have any pot on him. He's not going to prison.

They're probably not even going to get a conviction on this. They can't prove he was smoking pot and if he never made a confession to it then there's nothing they can do.

Comment

Working...
                            X