Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk about the Browns and other things that suck ass here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    So what exactly was your reaction when you saw the Browns draft Weeden?
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
      Did you break your TV a couple times too?
      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Did you break your TV a couple times too?
        I turned it off and threw the remote.

Comment

I turned it off and threw the remote.
          Good enough for me. I gotta be honest with you though, when I found out they took him (while I was on break at work) I laughed a lot. But at least they're not as dumb as the Seahawks. Irvin's got talent, but they could've had him in the second.
          sigpic

Comment

Good enough for me. I gotta be honest with you though, when I found out they took him (while I was on break at work) I laughed a lot. But at least they're not as dumb as the Seahawks. Irvin's got talent, but they could've had him in the second.
            No, the Browns are not as dumb as the Seahawks. I will give you that.

The Browns are dumber.

Comment

No, the Browns are not as dumb as the Seahawks. I will give you that.

The Browns are dumber.
              I gotta disagree. The Seahawks completely reached for Irvin. Weeden is a talented QB. I'm sure you would agree with that. I think he will have a better career than McCoy if they give him some more weapons.

I know you don't like it because you wanted to give McCoy some weapons.

At least there's a good chance Stephen Hill or Alshon Jeffery will be available at 37. I really do not see the Browns passing them up.
              sigpic

Comment

I gotta disagree. The Seahawks completely reached for Irvin.
                Disagree. Irvin is a solid defensive player. Picked too soon, probably, but he filled a need for the team and the Seahawks defense will improve with Irvin on it.

Weeden is a talented QB. I'm sure you would agree with that. I think he will have a better career than McCoy if they give him some more weapons.
                Colt McCoy is a young player now entering what would be his first full season with a proper offseason in a new offensive system. But, oh yea, the reason McCoy didn't make the Pro-Bowl is because he's McCoy and has nothing to do with the talent around him.

That is great that WEEDen is a talented YOUNG QB. After all, that other sensational rookie that the Steelers have at QB named Roethlisberger is just ONE year older. Just a single year older. Imagine McCoy, understanding the system and being able to have a decent offensive line in front of him (assuming it would have been addressed) with a talented Wide Receiver like Stephen Hill AND Trent Richardson. That is something to look forward to.

Now, the Browns decided: "To Heck with that we want Chris Weinke!"

Now, I hope the team trades down because everything is on WEEDen now. No offensive line, no receivers. The team cannot afford to draft those positions, Because McCoy was the problem - not the receivers, and not the offensive line.

McCoy should have blocked James Harrison that instead of getting sacked by him. That's the answer. McCoy should have caught those passes that he threw instead of throwing them to receivers that dropped them. McCoy should have ran the football himself instead of relying on the practice squad player Ogbannaya starting at running back.

Now, it is all WEEDen. He has to block for himself, and catch for himself and that is being extremely fair. McCoy was expected to run the football himself - so WEEDen has it easy!

Comment

• The Browns got a starting RB and a QB in this draft. Could get Fleener, Alshon, or Hill tomorrow which would make it 3. Honestly even though Weeden isn't the greatest. Having three starters in the first 3 picks is a good draft. I love the Browns as I live in Ohio and watch every game. I would say they have gotten a lot better. A lot of teams talk highly of Weeden so I will wait and see before I bash them on reaching for him.

EDIT: I do think they should have given McCoy one more year and drafted a different player then Weeden, but whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by MorenoFan27 View Post
                    The Browns got a starting RB and a QB in this draft. Could get Fleener, Alshon, or Hill tomorrow which would make it 3. Honestly even though Weeden isn't the greatest. Having three starters in the first 3 picks is a good draft. I love the Browns as I live in Ohio and watch every game. I would say they have gotten a lot better. A lot of teams talk highly of Weeden so I will wait and see before I bash them on reaching for him.
                    Wait and see before BASHING the worst decision the team has made in years?

Yea, the team become the laughingstock with the Walrus sitting in the front office. But come on, this is all the Walrus' fault!

The team COULD have addressed the offensive line at 22, the team COULD have addressed WR at 22, but NO instead blame everything on McCoy because the offensive line sucks, the running game sucks, and the wide receivers suck. That's all McCoy's fault!

Now after the Browns go 0-16 or 2-14 with this schedule:

Eagles
                    @Bengals
                    Bills
                    @Ravens
                    @Giants
                    Bengals
                    @Colts
                    Chargers
                    Ravens
                    @Cowboys
                    Steelers
                    @Raiders
                    Chiefs
                    Redskins
                    @Broncos
                    @Steelers

That is WEEDen's fault! Nobody elses. Time for Barkley.

Comment

Disagree. Irvin is a solid defensive player. Picked too soon, probably, but he filled a need for the team and the Seahawks defense will improve with Irvin on it.

Colt McCoy is a young player now entering what would be his first full season with a proper offseason in a new offensive system. But, oh yea, the reason McCoy didn't make the Pro-Bowl is because he's McCoy and has nothing to do with the talent around him.

That is great that WEEDen is a talented YOUNG QB. After all, that other sensational rookie that the Steelers have at QB named Roethlisberger is just ONE year older. Just a single year older. Imagine McCoy, understanding the system and being able to have a decent offensive line in front of him (assuming it would have been addressed) with a talented Wide Receiver like Stephen Hill AND Trent Richardson. That is something to look forward to.

Now, the Browns decided: "To Heck with that we want Chris Weinke!"

Now, I hope the team trades down because everything is on WEEDen now. No offensive line, no receivers. The team cannot afford to draft those positions, Because McCoy was the problem - not the receivers, and not the offensive line.

McCoy should have blocked James Harrison that instead of getting sacked by him. That's the answer. McCoy should have caught those passes that he threw instead of throwing them to receivers that dropped them. McCoy should have ran the football himself instead of relying on the practice squad player Ogbannaya starting at running back.

Now, it is all WEEDen. He has to block for himself, and catch for himself and that is being extremely fair. McCoy was expected to run the football himself - so WEEDen has it easy!
                      I do agree, they needed more offensive talent around McCoy. Richardson's a good start. I just don't think Colt will turn out to be that good, even with the talent around him. I see him as more of a game manager, but that's just my opinion.

I'm not saying it's a great pick, but I think he could do a lot more for the Browns (with more talent of course) than McCoy would. Sure, he is 28, but he is very talented. Plus, Kurt Warner did start in the NFL at age 28 too.

And now that I think of it, I'm not too surprised. I know they did want to trade up for RGIII, and had interest in Matt Flynn.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I think the Browns, Patriots, and Bucs had the best first rounds.

There is plenty of OL talent available, Charlie Brown. There wasn't much 1st round talent for OL this year. I wouldn't have gone for much past Kalil.

Comment

Wait and see before BASHING the worst decision the team has made in years?

Yea, the team become the laughingstock with the Walrus sitting in the front office. But come on, this is all the Walrus' fault!

The team COULD have addressed the offensive line at 22, the team COULD have addressed WR at 22, but NO instead blame everything on McCoy because the offensive line sucks, the running game sucks, and the wide receivers suck. That's all McCoy's fault!

Now after the Browns go 0-16 or 2-14 with this schedule:

Eagles
                          @Bengals
                          Bills
                          @Ravens
                          @Giants
                          Bengals
                          @Colts
                          Chargers
                          Ravens
                          @Cowboys
                          Steelers
                          @Raiders
                          Chiefs
                          Redskins
                          @Broncos
                          @Steelers

That is WEEDen's fault! Nobody elses. Time for Barkley.
                          Why would they draft a reciever at 22? The only receiver that went after the Browns was A.J Jenkins. Who in my opinion is not good. O-Line I agree with, but a better WR can be got in the second round. (Hill or Alshon) along with Fleener. I agree they should have stayed with McCoy and I have not once blamed him and got a O-lineman instead. However they will most likey get Alshon or Hill. Two people who could have a better career than Jenkins. They would have been the laughing stock if they would have reached for a receiver when none really were taken after them. The running game has vastly improved with Trent already and Weeden hasn't been given a shot yet so it's a wash. However, the receiving game will improve dramatically if one is taken at 37. Calm down the Browns screwed up wiht passing on a O-lineman but made the right choice by not picking a WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                            I think the Browns, Patriots, and Bucs had the best first rounds.

There is plenty of OL talent available, Charlie Brown. There wasn't much 1st round talent for OL this year. I wouldn't have gone for much past Kalil.
                            He wanted a receiver.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sure, he is 28, but he is very talented. Plus, Kurt Warner did start in the NFL at age 28 too.
                              Chris Weinke was only 28 too, and played baseball too.

Kurt Warner was stocking shelves - not playing baseball.

I don't see the similarity.

Comment

He wanted a receiver.
                                Yeah since one was taken after the Weeden. A.J Jenkins. A receiver would have been a reach when they can get Alshon or Hill tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X