Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk about the Browns and other things that suck ass here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    One starter, WEEDen should, rightly, be a camp body and nothing more.
    Yeah and how does a Qb who has shown nothing but good play, strong arm, accuracy become a camp body?

You would be one hell of a GM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MorenoFan27 View Post
      Yeah and how does a Qb who has shown nothing but good play, strong arm, accuracy become a camp body?

You would be one hell of a GM.
      29 years old before he even makes it to the preseason.
      Chris Weinke potential.
      EXTREME draft bust.
      Worst draft selection since Mike Junkin.

Having him as a camp body is showing mercy.
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Ooops sorry I forgot Charlie Brown is the almighty talent evaluator. Who cares if Alshon and Hill fell and we could get one in the second. Let's draft them 22nd overall!

Comment

Chris Weinke potential.
          EXTREME draft bust.

I not sure about him being worthy of a 1st round pick, but i dont think he will be a bad QB, but man i love the Trent Richardson Pick, i think the Browns got that one right for sure.
          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Chris Weinke potential.
            EXTREME draft bust.

- Riiight and how does his age make him a bust? 5-7 quality years is pretty darn good.

- Who has ever said he has Chris Weinke potential besides maybe you? .. I'm assuming you watched every game, scouted his play, and held a private workout for him?

Comment

- Riiight and how does his age make him a bust? 5-7 quality years is pretty darn good.

- Who has ever said he has Chris Weinke potential besides maybe you? .. I'm assuming you watched every game, scouted his play, and held a private workout for him?
              Yea, because the Browns are going to make the playoffs sometime in the next 5-7 years. As Dr. Evil states: riiiight

Five years? Five years is NOTHING in the NFL. That is a player struggling as a rookie, struggling under a new head coach and offensive system, improving slightly in the second year of the new offensive system. Being replaced as a starter by a new "flashy" draft pick. Then going to be a journeyman around the NFL for 2 years.

Does Brady Quinn proud!

Drafting a 29 year old rookie is not the same as signing a 29 year old NFL veteran.

Rookies actually have to adjust to the NFL. Rookies actually have to sink or swim in the NFL. Everyone of you is acting like the Browns just signed a 29 year old NFL veteran - the Browns just DRAFTED a 29 year old ROOKIE. Key word - ROOKIE. This guy is just 1 year younger than Ben Roethlisberger. He is destined for failure. The Browns did not need to and should not have gone after a quarterback. Quarterback is a Red Herring and I am going to laugh my butt off with every fumble, sack, and interception this player has.

Why? Because of the pure stupidity of the Front Office.

I haven't hated a player this much since Andre Rison.
              Last edited by Charlie Brown; 04-26-2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Whatever I'm done. Sick of how Charlie Brown has this huge superiority complex. He bashes the Browns left and right even when they make correct decisions. Skipping on WR because it can be solved in the second round was a great choice, and drafting Trent was amazing. Weeden has all the tools besides age, but nope he is a camp body. My bad for listening to people who are paid to scout these players and draft when I should have been listening to Charlie Brown my whole life.

Comment

Yea, because the Browns are going to make the playoffs sometime in the next 5-7 years. As Dr. Evil states: riiiight

Five years? Five years is NOTHING in the NFL. That is a player struggling as a rookie, struggling under a new head coach and offensive system, improving slightly in the second year of the new offensive system. Being replaced as a starter by a new "flashy" draft pick. Then going to be a journeyman around the NFL for 2 years.

Does Brady Quinn proud!
                  So tell me again why you're a fan of the Browns because I can't see it. You are already counting them out of the playoffs for the next 7 years. Already counting out a person who has yet to take a snap, but has shown intelligence, arm strength, and accuracy. Bashing them for not picking a receiver who can be obtained tomorrow. Calling the GM a walrus, Bashing the Head Coach, ect. All of this and not one positive thing about the team. So yeah not really seeing the "fan" in you.

Comment

• Well i'm going to sleep, and am excited to see the Broncos and really excited to see the Browns build off this good draft. Can't wait to see Richardson, a new Qb, and new WR next year when I watch and go to some Browns games. Can't say the same for C.B. since he seems to hate the Browns FO and team.

Comment

So tell me again why you're a fan of the Browns because I can't see it. You are already counting them out of the playoffs for the next 7 years. Already counting out a person who has yet to take a snap, but has shown intelligence, arm strength, and accuracy. Bashing them for not picking a receiver who can be obtained tomorrow. Calling the GM a walrus, Bashing the Head Coach, ect. All of this and not one positive thing about the team. So yeah not really seeing the "fan" in you.
                      The team is run by idiots. I can't help it.

The team had talented players, they had talented coaches. But, the Walrus (Team President) decided he knew what was best. The coaches and players that beat the Patriots and Saints were released by him. They were fired/let go.

So, a team that is young and improving and has talent that just beat two of the best teams in the NFL in the Patriots and Saints was rewarded by their team President with ... walking slips.

Gone is Lawrence Vickers, gone are the defensive players, gone are Eric Mangini and Rob Ryan, gone are Andra Davis, gone is Kamerion Wimbley. Gone, gone, gone.

Who is the replacement? A young hotshot offensive coordinator in Pat Shurmur. A hotshot offensive coordinator that is sooo good that he doesn't need an offensive coordinator. How does he do? 4-12 and the offense is one of the worst in the NFL. Now, he finally gets an offensive coordinator to help him adjust to the NFL and who is that offensive coordinator?! Brad Childress!

Yes! Now that is a front office that is trying to win. By dumpster diving. That is not how you win. You go out and you get a proven coach. You get somebody like John Gruden who WANTS to coach the Browns. You KEEP promising defensive coordinators like Rob Ryan. When players like Vickers and Wimbley show promise - YOU KEEP them. You do not send them to other teams. You keep the talent that you have and build upon it. The team would be in great shape right now if instead of Shurmur they had Gruden.

The team would be in great shape if they had Kamerion Wimbley opposite Sheard, don't you think? Instead of having a horrible fullback in the form of Marecic, they would still have Vickers.

Now that is a Browns team that would be showing promise. Instead, this is what we get. Every time I get excited and hopeful about a player who is doing great - the team trades them or cuts them. Every time the team has a coach that shows promise - they fire them. Yet, you sit here and say "be optimistic".

Optimistic about what? That the team constantly gets rid of talented players and coaches? Optimistic that these talented players are going to Super Bowls and/or making playoff appearances while the inept front office is still picking in the top 10 in the NFL Draft?

Now, the team has a YOUNG quarterback full of promise that just needs a little help around him. Just a little bit of help. What does the team do? They draft a replacement. So, now, I get to see a YOUNG quarterback full of promise go to another team and make the playoffs with another team. Who knows? Maybe he'll end up taking a team to the playoffs? One thing is for sure now - it won't be the Browns.
                      Last edited by Charlie Brown; 04-26-2012, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• I gotta agree that Shurmur stinks
                        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• Oh, and one last thing.

I've been hearing

"The Browns are getting better" since 2001, when the Browns went 7-9.

They did get better in 2002, 9-7. Then sunk. Haven't been to the playoffs since.

Ten years and no playoff appearance, how is that "getting better"?

The team is regressing.

I love the team, but I also hate the team and I want to walk away, it'd be better for me.

But, I can't - it isn't in my nature. As angry as I get. As much as I rage and throw things and get angry and call them idiots, I keep going back. So, I keep going back for more. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
                          Last edited by Charlie Brown; 04-26-2012, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• I'm just gonna leave this here

HEAR ME ROAR!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
                              They are IDIOTS.

Like I said, the Browns do not need a quarterback. The Browns did not need a quarterback.

Further, why would the Browns need a center? A replacement to Alex Mack (first round pick) who is starting for the team? Again, no need for a center. Guard? Why? Lauvao and Pinkston were drafted last year for to start.

The Browns signed Juqua Parker and Frostee Rucker - so why draft a defensive end? Also, the Browns did just draft a guy named Phil Taylor to pair with Atyba Rubin at defensive tackle. So, why draft a defensive tackle?

The team needs are/were:

RB
                              WR
                              RT
                              OLB
                              CB
                              FS

Why each of them?

No starting running back because Hillis went to Kansas City. So, RB is need.
                              No starting wide receiver because, they let Julio Jones go to the Falcons.
                              No starting right tackle because Pashos sucked and needs to be replaced.
                              No starting LOLB because Fujita is old and injury prone (also needs to replacement because of likely suspension)
                              No starting defensive back opposite Haden (Sheldon may switch to safety)
                              No starting free safety as Mike Adams went to Denver.

Those are the Browns needs - NOT QUARTERBACK, NOT CENTER, NOT DEFENSIVE END, NOT DEFENSIVE TACKLE

Comment

Oh, and one last thing.

I've been hearing

"The Browns are getting better" since 2001, when the Browns went 7-9.

They did get better in 2002, 9-7. Then sunk. Haven't been to the playoffs since.

Ten years and no playoff appearance, how is that "getting better"?

The team is regressing.

I love the team, but I also hate the team and I want to walk away, it'd be better for me.

But, I can't - it isn't in my nature. As angry as I get. As much as I rage and throw things and get angry and call them idiots, I keep going back. So, I keep going back for more. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
                                My God, Charlie. Sounds like a living Hell. Lol
                                sigpic
                                Thanks, MHS!

Comment

Working...
                                X