Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restraining order against Shannon Sharpe

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Restraining order against Shannon Sharpe

    Apparently there has been some domestic violence taking place as the restraining order was not only filed, but it was granted by a judge.



    I wonder if this impact his status with CBS as a football analyst? I like watching him. He has a good football IQ and is pretty darn funny.

  • #2
    According to the Fulton County Superior Court website, since 1994 Sharpe has been cited in 10 different cases involving the court. Besides Thursday’s petition filed and granted by Bundy, all of the previous cases were civil issues between Sharpe and a former partners.
    He's got plenty of history apperently and it hasn't been much of concern before.....
    sigpic


    Comment


    • #3
      I still don't know how these guys keep getting in trouble. It is really quite easy to avoid it.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I hate watching him on CBS. He was an awesome player for us, but dude's an idiot.
        sigpic
        Sig by Blondie79

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
          I hate watching him on CBS. He was an awesome player for us, but dude's an idiot.
          one thing i could never figure out is how so many broncos fans hate rivers because of the trash talking but those same fans loved sharpe lol

          worst trash talker ever to play the game, one of the best at his position though.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            one thing i could never figure out is how so many broncos fans hate rivers because of the trash talking but those same fans loved sharpe lol
            Because he was a Bronco. I'm sure many SD fans couldn't stand Sharpe, but love Rivers. It's all about what jersey the trash talker is wearing.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
              Because he was a Bronco. I'm sure many SD fans couldn't stand Sharpe, but love Rivers. It's all about what jersey the trash talker is wearing.
              quality answer, you are right. kind of like how rodney harrison and bill romanowski used to be considered cheap shot artists and notorious roid users but the fans of our teams didn't care much because they were great players.

              as soon as they left for other teams that all changed though. lol

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                quality answer, you are right. kind of like how rodney harrison and bill romanowski used to be considered cheap shot artists and notorious roid users but the fans of our teams didn't care much because they were great players.

                as soon as they left for other teams that all changed though. lol
                Exactly, and I admit I'm guilty of doing it. I loved having Romo on our team, but when he was a 49er and especially when he became a Raider, he was a thug.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
                  I still don't know how these guys keep getting in trouble. It is really quite easy to avoid it.
                  Mo' Money Mo' Problems.

                  RIP Biggie

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    one thing i could never figure out is how so many broncos fans hate rivers because of the trash talking but those same fans loved sharpe lol

                    worst trash talker ever to play the game, one of the best at his position though.
                    When Sharpe did it it was funny, kinda like Ocho these days.(Ex: Mr. President we are killing these Patriots!)

                    When Phillip does it it looks like...I don't even know how to describe it but he looks like a huge tool. He reminds me of when Jamie Winborn would celebrate after tackling a guy that just gained 8 yards.

                    I can't help but think...you just look like an idiot.
                    Last edited by Bernie24; 09-12-2010, 01:06 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      quality answer, you are right. kind of like how rodney harrison and bill romanowski used to be considered cheap shot artists and notorious roid users but the fans of our teams didn't care much because they were great players.

                      as soon as they left for other teams that all changed though. lol
                      Actually, I'll admit that after the incident with J.J. Stokes, I hated Romanowski. I know a LOT of Broncos fans loved him, but after that I hated him and was NOT a supporter of his.

                      I don't care what team they play for, I HATE dirty players.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        one thing i could never figure out is how so many broncos fans hate rivers because of the trash talking but those same fans loved sharpe lol

                        worst trash talker ever to play the game, one of the best at his position though.
                        The obvious answer is one is a Broncos and one isn't . The more base reason for me is one played in the trenches went over the middle and had to face the guys he was running his mouth to.

                        The qb has a butt load of rules protecting him and doesn't have to fight the guys he is trash talking. IMO Rivers talking trash is the equivalent of the guy about to get in a fight who stands there looking for a way out when the teacher/police shows up he starts screaming and jumping around like a tough guy.The only thing worse than qb running off at the mouth is a punter or kicker IMO.Then again it may just be he is a Charger.
                        Originally posted by baphamet
                        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          The obvious answer is one is a Broncos and one isn't . The more base reason for me is one played in the trenches went over the middle and had to face the guys he was running his mouth to.

                          The qb has a butt load of rules protecting him and doesn't have to fight the guys he is trash talking. IMO Rivers talking trash is the equivalent of the guy about to get in a fight who stands there looking for a way out when the teacher/police shows up he starts screaming and jumping around like a tough guy.The only thing worse than qb running off at the mouth is a punter or kicker IMO.Then again it may just be he is a Charger.
                          This is the answer.....so, don't try and feed people a bunch of BS. If Rivers played for Denver, you would have absolutely no problem. In fact, you would categorize his trash talking as enthusiasm.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X