Take away the jump ball and Rivers = Orton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take away the jump ball and Rivers = Orton

It was clear as day that Rivers isn't anything special without Jackson. :orton:
    sigpic

Originally posted by jdubv724 View Post
    It was clear as day that Rivers isn't anything special without Jackson. :orton:
    Dude please send me some of whatever it is youve been smoking!!!

Comment

Rivers just struggled in the rain and got incredibly frustrated with his team, and showed a complete lack of discipline by yelling at them and demoralizing them.

Dumb...

I don't remember cutler ever yelling at his team that way... kicking the ball and stuff.. come on!

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
        Rivers just struggled in the rain and got incredibly frustrated with his team, and showed a complete lack of discipline by yelling at them and demoralizing them.

Dumb...

I don't remember cutler ever yelling at his team that way... kicking the ball and stuff.. come on!
        Id rather have him get fired up at them when they are screwing up as opposed to going to the bench n sulking how Cutler used to.

Comment

I'm not one to pin the blame on a teammate, but to each his own.

If it works you can't argue with it, but it obviously didn't.

Comment

SO when Josh McDaniels yells at his team, gets 'fired up', or acts out at all, he's immature and a joke... but those same qualities make Phillip Rivers an above -average leader?

Cerebral qbs aren't supposed to lose their cool, ever. You can't sit there and say he didn't wish he had VJ on the field there at the end of the game, either. VJ was Rivers' comfort guy a lot of the time in tight situations last year.

------

Side note: I made the mistake of taking Floyd instead of Naanee in FF. Think Floyd's gonna step it up or can he actually not handle #1 CBs?
            Last edited by theMileHighGuy; 09-14-2010, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Coaches are supposed to get mad at their players to discipline them, but when other players are doing it... it shows a lack of leadership.

You are supposed to be respected enough as a qb that you can rally the troups without yelling at them and demeaning them.

When has orton even thought about yelling at his players...

Comment

Coaches are supposed to get mad at their players to discipline them, but when other players are doing it... it shows a lack of leadership.

You are supposed to be respected enough as a qb that you can rally the troups without yelling at them and demeaning them.

When has orton even thought about yelling at his players...
                I can't think of a single instance of Manning, Brees, Rodgers, hell in fact no one comes to mind that treated his teammates like Phillis was. Even McNabb never yelled back at T.O. He is officially and ironically the Tomlinson of quarterbacks. Incredible gifts, incredible stats, closet diva, no superbowls.

Comment

I can see manning do it because he has that personality.

Don't remember any though..

I saw some qb's do it in college this past weekend though.

Comment

Please, your telling me no other QB yells ? The guy wants to win. Been that way since NC State. People aren't cooperating, what do you expect him to do? Its game 1. Slow starts aren't uncommon. Yes VJ is a stud receiver, of course he'll be missed. As far as Rivers, the guy had two TD's, 298 yards, and no ints.
                    Last edited by Letsgobolts; 09-14-2010, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Dumb...

Cutler? Really? PR completely ownes Cutler. This is Rivers team. He expects a certain level of production and competency. I LOVED the fact he was demanding better play from his O'line. I will take that type of competitiveness ANYDAY! A matter of fact if he were a bronco QB you all would be saluting him and you know it.

Wow! C'mon guys. Do i really need to post a stats comparison between Cutler, Orton and a superior Rivers? Im lazy. Please dont make me.

Comment

Nanee looked pretty good to me. 6'2" 225 with 4.4 speed. He's a nightmare matchup. He also had 120 yards and a TD.

As far as screamers go I've seen Cuddles scream at Royal for not catching a screen pass that went 4 feet over his head.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

You can't even put Rivers and Orton in the same sentence, and I'm a Broncos fan. Rivers is miles ahead of Orton in every aspect of the game.

Comment

Rivers and Orton both ruined my fantasy team. It will take 5 days for me to forgive them
                            sigpic

Comment

It's okay to yell at players to get them fired up and try to get them into the game as a leader but the way that Rivers was acting last night was not that of a leader. Quarterbacks are the leaders of the team, they lead by example, they lead through words, they lead by performing. Rivers kicking the ball around is not going to help team morale in anyway. When you see your leader showing signs of giving up and being frustrated, the team isn't going to rally around that in anyway. I was disappointed in Rivers last night and he has only confirmed my dislike for him as a person. He has some serious skill but if ever wants to lead his team to a championship, he better learn how to handle himself and get him and his teammates on the same page. I think in tough games, especially playoff games, this is the reason Rivers can't win when it matters.

Comment

Working...
                              X