Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breath of fresh air?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Breath of fresh air?

    Only a fool would think that SD in the 1st 8 weeks are the same team as SD in the last 8 weeks. Slow starts and strong finishes are what they do best, as much as i don't like to admit it, its the truth.

    Meanwhile, we also sit at 0-1 and have gotten off to a bad start...however, we didnt by any means look awful and now may (hopefully) have snapped our "start quickly, finish badly" mentality by not jumping out to an early lead only to bottle it later on

    On the other hand KC are sitting pretty in 1st place right now, and with 2 VERY winnable games coming up(@CLE, SF), they could be looking at 3-0 in 2 weeks time

    Just a hunch, but could we see Kansas jump off to an early lead this time, while BOTH us and SD start slowly but build up momentum and go neck and neck later on in the season? just a thought...
    Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

  • #2
    Originally posted by milehighireland View Post
    Only a fool would think that SD in the 1st 8 weeks are the same team as SD in the last 8 weeks. Slow starts and strong finishes are what they do best, as much as i don't like to admit it, its the truth....
    Ask them how they fair after the season ends.....:doh:
    Plus they are missing a right tackle and a pro bowl receiver.
    Lets also see when they face a team who can throw and run while playing the same average defense that the Chiefs did....
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      SD is damn good in weeks 8- 17. It's those weeks after that that kill em.

      Comment


      • #4
        LMAO you guys are getting woody's over our first loss to in week 1 to a division rival and claiming we are done for the year. LMAO.....we always lose at least 1 game in this division each year. So what we got it out of the way the first week. What's going to happen when we go 5-0 the rest of the way and again finish 13-3 with a 5-1 record and own this division and head to the playoffs?

        You donks are counting your mules before they hatch. You have been praying for the collapse of the Chargers so you no longer have to contend with us. We'll this just ain't the year. Keep dreaming donks, keep dreamin'

        Quote of the year:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
          LMAO you guys are getting woody's over our first loss to in week 1 to a division rival and claiming we are done for the year. LMAO.....we always lose at least 1 game in this division each year. So what we got it out of the way the first week. What's going to happen when we go 5-0 the rest of the way and again finish 13-3 with a 5-1 record and own this division and head to the playoffs?

          You donks are counting your mules before they hatch. You have been praying for the collapse of the Chargers so you no longer have to contend with us. We'll this just ain't the year. Keep dreaming donks, keep dreamin'
          I am sorry but i havent seen anyone say they are done for the year , I have seen people pointing out that before the kc your guys mouths were yap'n on about how you were gonna smear kc , Now your defense is that "we always start slow" , what kinda defense is that , continue to dissmiss VJ and MC N , and LT and so on missing meaning nothing , I have money that says if you guys had VJ out there you would have one by two scores

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MileHighNation View Post
            I am sorry but i havent seen anyone say they are done for the year , I have seen people pointing out that before the kc your guys mouths were yap'n on about how you were gonna smear kc , Now your defense is that "we always start slow" , what kinda defense is that , continue to dissmiss VJ and MC N , and LT and so on missing meaning nothing , I have money that says if you guys had VJ out there you would have one by two scores
            I don't care who's out there. You get guys running routes in muddy wet turf trying to come back in the air. Its tough. Having VJ may or may not have made any difference. Chiefs had everything going for them and took us out of our element. Norv blew it and should have had Tolbert carry the load with Rivers in that final drive. Sproles was a total mistake.

            Quote of the year:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
              I don't care who's out there. You get guys running routes in muddy wet turf trying to come back in the air. Its tough. Having VJ may or may not have made any difference. Chiefs had everything going for them and took us out of our element. Norv blew it and should have had Tolbert carry the load with Rivers in that final drive. Sproles was a total mistake.
              yeah sproles is a good screen back but inside the ten is pointless

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MileHighNation View Post
                yeah sproles is a good screen back but inside the ten is pointless
                Sproles got layed out in so many plays I lost count. why he was out there in the first place blows my mind unless it was just a decoy. He doesn't weight enough to get traction on wet turf. He looked like he was hydroplaning most of the time and then "WACK"

                Quote of the year:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
                  LMAO you guys are getting woody's over our first loss to in week 1 to a division rival

                  No we're not, read the posts.

                  and claiming we are done for the year. LMAO.....we always lose at least 1 game in this division each year. So what we got it out of the way the first week. What's going to happen when we go 5-0 the rest of the way and again finish 13-3 with a 5-1 record and own this division and head to the playoffs?

                  You donks are counting your mules before they hatch. You have been praying for the collapse of the Chargers so you no longer have to contend with us. We'll this just ain't the year. Keep dreaming donks, keep dreamin'
                  I could see us splitting with you, especially if we mimic your slow start/rapid finish mentality (i have a sneaking suspicion we will), and that win streak has to end sometime against the raiders. And at the very least you split with KC this year...
                  Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
                    LMAO you guys are getting woody's over our first loss to in week 1 to a division rival and claiming we are done for the year. LMAO.....we always lose at least 1 game in this division each year. So what we got it out of the way the first week. What's going to happen when we go 5-0 the rest of the way and again finish 13-3 with a 5-1 record and own this division and head to the playoffs?

                    You donks are counting your mules before they hatch. You have been praying for the collapse of the Chargers so you no longer have to contend with us. We'll this just ain't the year. Keep dreaming donks, keep dreamin'

                    Who's counting their "mules" before they hatch?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Boltman;

                      It is one thing to lose to out of division rivals, but losing to KC may come back to bite you in the end because IF your team ties for the Division (and it may just happen) the record vs Division teams is first tie breaker.

                      You and CD and others love to talk about your teams domination in the Division, but as of right now that 0-1 record in the Division looms large for the future. Remember 2008 when your team tied Denver at 8-8. It can happen again.
                      "Those are my principals... if you don't like them, well, I have others" - Groucho Marx

                      "Having a Hell of a time my dear, wish you were here" - Alice Cooper

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Who won the division that year anyways??? I'm pretty sure we went 5-1 in the division that year too.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by IgorBStrange View Post
                          Boltman;

                          It is one thing to lose to out of division rivals, but losing to KC may come back to bite you in the end because IF your team ties for the Division (and it may just happen) the record vs Division teams is first tie breaker.

                          You and CD and others love to talk about your teams domination in the Division, but as of right now that 0-1 record in the Division looms large for the future. Remember 2008 when your team tied Denver at 8-8. It can happen again.
                          Igor Igor, don't waste your time trying to pull the donk wool over my eyes.
                          The Chargers could have gone 1-5 in the division last year and STILL won the division with a 9-7 record. The fact is that nobody in this division is good enough to win more than 8 games except the Chargers. 8 games is stretching it too for any of you basement teams. Right now its going to be a fight for who gets the basement title between you three bozo teams. Broncos beat the Chargers good last year (much better game than KC vs San Diego Monday Night) and still choked. If you think this division is going to come down to a division tie breaker this year you are delusional. The Chargers will win the division by at least a 3 game lead once week 17 concludes. Mark my words, all three of you will be sitting at home again this year while the Chargers take the division and make the playoffs. Deal with it.

                          Even in an off year the Chargers still took the division with an 8-8 record after decimating your team knocking your asses out of the playoffs and getting your best HC fired.

                          Quote of the year:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The first game of the season is a poor gauge of the remaining 15 but there were a few things I did notice:

                            Rivers clearly misses VJ. When KC took Gates out (mostly) by way of a double team Rivers couldn't get any chemistry with Floyd. I beleive he targeted him 12 times with only 3 receptions. Naanee was a pleasant surprise with 5 catches.

                            With two players that can go and get the ball It was hard to stop anyone on that team. Now the formula will be a lot easier to figure out for opposing defences, Especially ones that have the CB depth to cover these guys one on one.

                            The O-line didn't appear to be struggling without McN there so that is a positive for SD.

                            I bear no illusions about one early loss for this team because they have come back strong the last few seasons. This being a division loss does make it a little more interesting for them going forward.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You guys talk about Vincent Jackson like he is some kind of elite WR. The guy had one good year.....to me he still has to prove himself I am not sold on him and personally I don't think he is that nice at WR. And the Chargers?......ehhhh these guys are regular season warriors.....but when the playoffs come they choke....they are the most overrated team of the last 5-7 years, always picked to win the superbowl and coming up short. Norv is a average coach and is known for choking in the big games. This is a franchise with zero superbowls and now that they have a solid squad (even though I think they are overachievers)...paper champs.......atleast the jets stole that title now....the hype for the jets is ridiculous.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X