Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long can the Chiefs hold the divison lead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long can the Chiefs hold the divison lead?

Their D looked solid but their Passing game is terrible.

Running Game looks decent.

Well, since they're playing the Browns this week....

Comment

How much longer can the Chiefs survive Matt Cassel and Charlie Weis?

Comment

If they get to play every game in a torrential downpour at home, the sky is the limit. They have some studs who can make plays, unfortunately their QB isnt one of them.....what was up with him runnin out there and grabbing the game ball before it even ended??!! He better be grabbing that thing to give to someone else!!
        sigpic

Thanks Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by Lyghts Out View Post
          what was up with him runnin out there and grabbing the game ball before it even ended??!! He better be grabbing that thing to give to someone else!!
          Because he notched his first win under his belt vs the Chargers.

Quote of the year:

Comment

KC is a pretty happy town this week! With the local teams doing so poorly the last few years, this win was greatly needed.
            Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Man I wish we had that Charles at running back now! Remember when we drafted Selvin Young, and COULD have drafted Charles the next year???
              sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Not long.
                As shocked as I am, this is most likely a fluke.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
                  Well, since they're playing the Browns this week....
                  Even 1-1 they will be at the top of the division (assuming all the others lose - I am unaware of who everyone plays).
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Until week 3 LOL

Comment

Probably this week and maybe next..

But with Cassel at QB, i doubt they do much damage this year.. Cassel did little to nothing all game.. Charles had ONE big run, other then that, SD contained him.. Arenas and McCluster killed them on ST's..

The rain affected them some, but Denver played in bad conditions too.. One of the main reasons they did so well so the crowd in KC was so LOUD..

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post

But with Cassel at QB, i doubt they do much damage this year.. Cassel did little to nothing all game.. Charles had ONE big run, other then that, SD contained him.. Arenas and McCluster killed them on ST's..

The rain affected them some, but Denver played in bad conditions too.. One of the main reasons they did so well so the crowd in KC was so LOUD..
                        Contained him? He only had 11 carries. Most of the runs the Chargers contained were TJs.

We'll win this week and have a 50-50 chance of winning against the 49ers. ....and then we face Houston and Indy...and things get ugly.

But then again, I don't see Denver doing any better. They have the toughest upcoming schedule of all the teams in the AFC West. I really see them going 1-6 or 2-5 these first couple weeks.

Jags - L
                        Seahawks - 50-50
                        Indy - L
                        Tenn - L
                        Bal - L
                        Jets L
                        Raiders - 50-50

Chargers have a pretty easy upcoming schedule so they could have the division lead by week 5 or 6.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post

Contained him? He only had 11 carries. Most of the runs the Chargers contained were TJs.

We'll win this week and have a 50-50 chance of winning against the 49ers. ....and then we face Houston and Indy...and things get ugly.

But then again, I don't see Denver doing any better. They have the toughest upcoming schedule of all the teams in the AFC West. I really see them going 1-6 or 2-5 these first couple weeks.

Jags - L
                          Seahawks - 50-50
                          Indy - L
                          Tenn - L
                          Bal - L
                          Jets L
                          Raiders - 50-50

Chargers have a pretty easy upcoming schedule so they could have the division lead by week 5 or 6.

Comment

Im not sold on cassel, itll take an act of god for that to happen...However, our offense was affected by the weather as well. Haley even said they ran a far more vanilla offense than they would have usually.

I liked how our offensive line blocked certain runs. That facet of our game seems to be much improved from last year. Pass blocking could use some work. Our LT albert played a helluva game. We have the right pieces. I like the new Coordinators in Wies and Crennel. Theyve had immediate impacts on the team. Defense is MUCH improved imo. I think we have the makings of something special there. Other notable mentions..Charles of course, McCluster, Arenas, Dorsey, Jackson, D Johnson, all look much improved.

However, with all that said, I honestly dont see us winning more than 8 games this year. 7-9 is more likely...But, when you suck as bad as we have the past few years, 8-8 or 7-9 is a HUGE improvement. I dont think we'll compete for the division till next year. And it wont be because of cassel...it will be because of a hopefully staunch defense, and a dominating run blocking offensive line, that better helps cassel "manage" games.

Comment

How long can the Chiefs hold the divison lead?

So far one week longer then you.
                              The Seahawks fan pledge
                              I believe the MIGHTY Seahawks will totally dominate the Bronchoe's at mile high, leaving bronchoe's fans crying.
                              I bleed Blue and Green, the 12th man is ME and I will be heard around the world. I do not dream! I know the MIGHTY Seahawks will win on Sunday. I am Proud and I will citicize the bronchoe's every chance I get.
                              BOOM BABY:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                              X