Blackout.....for a Home Opener?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackout.....for a Home Opener?

What a freakin embarrassment! How in the world can a team not sell out their home opener? Especially a team that has won the division 5 out of the last 6 years.

I had season tickets for 14 years - trust me, there were many "down" years - both economy and the team....yet, we still bought our season tickets.

Step up your game San Diego!

SAN DIEGO -- Fans accustomed to watching Chargers home games on local TV will have to find something else to do Sunday afternoon -- and perhaps several other Sundays this fall.

AFC West blog

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

The Chargers say they expect Sunday's home opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars to be blacked out on local TV. That will end a streak of 48 straight sellouts, including the playoffs.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
    What a freakin embarrassment! How in the world can a team not sell out their home opener? Especially a team that has won the division 5 out of the last 6 years.

I had season tickets for 14 years - trust me, there were many "down" years - both economy and the team....yet, we still bought our season tickets.

For as much smack as is talked about this subject in all seriousness I feel for the fans that won't get to watch the game. Tix are expensive so to the SD locals that can't afford tickets and won't get to see the game, sorry guys.

in the interest of smack though, let me say this: You won't miss much, just another loss to send your season into a tailspin.*crosses fingers and hopes*

Comment

I rather watch the game at home, i guess i might actually have to cough up the dough this week.
      sigpic

Comment

I feel for you guys. I never get to see Denver on TV. You guys deserve to see your team.
        sigpic

Comment

?

So Boltheads is on a Broncos smack forum, smacking his own team for a blackout?

OK anyone know how to get out of Bizzaro world before ROD responds to his smack?
          Last edited by EddieMac; 09-15-2010, 08:08 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post

Dude.... its because the Chargers suck...

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
              So Boltheads is on a Broncos smack forum, smacking his own team for a blackout?

OK anyone know how to get out of Bizzaro world before ROD responds to his smack?
              I don't know about bazaaro world... but ROD is gone, for good, thanks to me, twice.

Comment

bummer for you guys
                sigpic The most explosive QB-WR tandem in the past decade. Off with their heads! And while you're at it, fire Nolan! He only led 6 of 12 defenses to top 10 in points scored against.

Comment

The Chargers stink, and you have my pity.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
                    I don't know about bazaaro world... but ROD is gone, for good, thanks to me, twice.
                    REALLY??? I did not know.....what happened?
                    sigpic

Comment

It's an easy fix... find a friend who has Sunday Ticket, but a 36er of Bud Light and go over. Game on!!

Oh... and to keep it on topic... Charger's suck!!!!
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Yeah! The Chargers suck! And their fans blow!!!!
                        I really like Cheese.

Comment

Chargers suck, bandwagon fans.

BLAM BLAM

Comment

You can always go to a sports bar that has Sunday Ticket......or you could just go to the beach like everyone else. I wouldn't worry. Your playoff loss will be nationally televised whether San Diego residents like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                              It's an easy fix... find a friend who has Sunday Ticket, but a 36er of Bud Light and go over. Game on!!

Oh... and to keep it on topic... Charger's suck!!!!
                              If he lives with in a hundred miles of SD it will be blacked out on Direct tv also..black out rules apply even to direct tv.
                              Originally posted by baphamet
                              are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Working...
                              X