X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
    Not everyone enjoys the ocean...

And the beaches in SoCal are filthy.
    No they're not. The only dirty beach I wouldn't go to here is San Pedro, and its barely even a beach.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
      Really??? Hows the surf out there lately??? Colorado is a nice place but lets not get to carried away.
      That's the most moronic sentiment I've heard in recent weeks.

You should be thrown into shark infested waters simply for that remark.

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
        Denver metro had a regional population well under a million people and old Mile High was nothing to write home about. We've been selling out for 40 years or so.

Keep making excuses, Baph because that is what it is. If it is good enough to host a super bowl it is good enough. The league has stopped giving certain teams the super bowl until they correct their stadium issue. SD is still getting SB's.

The area isn't an excuse either. Colorado has just as much to do year round and during football season and the 4+ year waiting list for season tix still holds.
        Amen.

The waiting list is 13-15 years though (28000 applicants), third most in NFL.
        Adopted Poster
        AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
          Last I checked it was more like 15 years
          Damn, you beat me to it.
          Adopted Poster
          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TheQBGuru View Post
            No they're not. The only dirty beach I wouldn't go to here is San Pedro, and its barely even a beach.
            MMmmmmm yeah ok dude.

I worked on those beaches for a few years. I mean right on the sand. They're dirty. Between storm drain run off, sewage spills, bums taking dumps and flinging trash everywhere, or just the beachgoers flinging trash everywhere, those beaches are dirty. Not to mention when the water from TJ comes rolling up the coast every so often. There's a reason why they HAVE to test the water quality for bacteria etc. all along the southern California coast. Every day, 37 ocean outfalls in California discharge over 1.5 billion gallons of sewage containing about 120 million tons of mass solids (sewage sludge). California has by far the most beach closures and advisories of all the coastal states. A lot of what makes the beaches dirty isn't what you can see, it's what you can't see.

I know you probably won't believe me, but we had a chick come into my buddies Tat shop who was wading in the water when she was 11 years old (Can't remember if she said it was National City or Imperial Beach) and she ended up with these scars all over her legs from chemical burns. She was coming into the tat shop to get them covered. She must have had 15-20 chemical burn scars on her legs that looked like someone took a hot spoon that sat in the fire and set it on her legs all over leaving scars the size of quarters.

Now I don't know that this is what happened for sure, but it's what she told us when explaining what she wanted tattooed and where.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X