Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFCW Report Cards: First Quarter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AFCW Report Cards: First Quarter

    Denver Broncos (Record: 2-2)
    Points For: 87
    Points Against: 85
    Net Points: +2

    Total Offense: #4
    Pass Offense: #1
    Rush Offense: #32

    Total Defense: #16
    Pass Defense: #17
    Rush Defense: #12

    Grade: C+
    Orton is having a career year - in fact, you could argue that he is the MVP through the first four weeks. But, a loss to JAX and the worst rushing attack in the NFL is enough to give this team a "D". A gutsy win on the road against TEN pushes them up a notch.

    Kansas City Chiefs (Record: 3-0)
    Points For: 68
    Points Against: 38
    Net Points: +30

    Total Offense: #18
    Pass Offense: #27
    Rush Offense: #3

    Total Defense: #14
    Pass Defense: #25
    Rush Defense: #5

    Grade: A
    This is the hardest team to grade - mainly because they have only played 3 games. But, they did win all 3 of them. However, being one of the worst teams throwing the ball and one of the worst teams defending the pass will eventually catch up to them. But for now, they are on the Honor Roll.

    Oakland Raiders (Record: 1-3)
    Points For: 76
    Points Against: 107
    Net Points: -31

    Total Offense: #9
    Pass Offense: #20
    Rush Offense: #6

    Total Defense: #11
    Pass Defense: #3
    Rush Defense: #31

    Grade: D+
    Their rushing offense and pass defense keep this team from a failing grade. They seemed like an improved team during the free agency and the draft, but now they look like the same ol' Raiders. I don't see how Tom Cable makes it through the season.

    San Diego Chargers (Record: 2-2)
    Points For: 113
    Points Against: 71
    Net Points: +42

    Total Offense: #1
    Pass Offense: #3
    Rush Offense: #10

    Total Defense: #2
    Pass Defense: #4
    Rush Defense: #7

    Grade B
    Two special teams tackles and the Chargers could be 4-0. They have the top ranked offense and the #2 defense to back up their "B" grade. But, road losses to KC and SEA keep them from being Best in Class.

  • #2
    good post i pretty much agree with all of your grades.

    Comment


    • #3
      The Chargers and Broncos are both 2-2. How can they have a different grade?

      There's also been a certain amount of reciprocity between the two--we beat the Seahawks, whom you then lost to, and we lost to the Jaguars, whom you then beat.

      Your rubric is clearly blighted.

      Comment


      • #4
        Excellent post; I will come back to this later when I'm not on my blackberry.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah. Agree with Chiefs and Raiders. But switch the Broncos and Chargers.

          It doesn't matter that you have "two missed tackles" and you would be 4-0. The point is you DIDN'T make those plays, so you are 2-2.

          We have lost to the Colts. We have beat the Titans. You guys have beat the the awful Cardinals and awful Jags at HOME. Yes, we lost to the Jags, but on the road.

          We have clearly had the tougher schedule, and have won on the road, while the one we lost at home was to the Colts.

          We have had the better year, like it or not.

          We deserve the higher grade, even if our running game sucks.
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DishWater View Post
            The Chargers and Broncos are both 2-2. How can they have a different grade?

            There's also been a certain amount of reciprocity between the two--we beat the Seahawks, whom you then lost to, and we lost to the Jaguars, whom you then beat.

            Your rubric is clearly blighted.
            because he grading them on more than just wins and losses?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              because he grading them on more than just wins and losses?
              But that's all any team should ever be graded on.

              This isn't baseball.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DishWater View Post
                But that's all any team should ever be graded on.
                ...why?

                Wins and losses are just aggregates, its vital to understand the pieces which make them up.

                Just because two teams have the same record doesn't mean they are equal.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DishWater View Post
                  But that's all any team should ever be graded on.

                  This isn't baseball.
                  that is your opinion, many people disagree. look at pretty much any power ranking and see where KC is ranked........nuff said.

                  now that i think about it, look at those same power rankings and see who is ranked higher, SD or Denver.......

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    that is your opinion, many people disagree. look at pretty much any power ranking and see where KC is ranked........nuff said.

                    now that i think about it, look at those same power rankings and see who is ranked higher, SD or Denver.......
                    Are you really trying to bring Power Rankings into an argument to support your claim.

                    Those things are the most ridiculous form of ranking, ever.

                    Can't believe that is your argument.
                    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TheQBGuru View Post
                      ...why?

                      Wins and losses are just aggregates, its vital to understand the pieces which make them up.

                      Just because two teams have the same record doesn't mean they are equal.
                      Sure it does.

                      What you're alluding to are elements that only distinguish characteristics.

                      At the end of the day it's about who has more wins, the position in which both teams find themselves, which, as it stands, is the exact same for both the Chargers and Broncos.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                        Are you really trying to bring Power Rankings into an argument to support your claim.

                        Those things are the most ridiculous form of ranking, ever.

                        Can't believe that is your argument.
                        That isn't his argument though, thats an example of interpretation thats not based solely on wins and losses.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          that is your opinion, many people disagree. look at pretty much any power ranking and see where KC is ranked........nuff said.

                          now that i think about it, look at those same power rankings and see who is ranked higher, SD or Denver.......
                          Power rankings?

                          Really?

                          No comment on this part of your argument...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Wow guys, can we bring it up a notch intellectually please? This isn't exactly rocket surgery.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                              Are you really trying to bring Power Rankings into an argument to support your claim.

                              Those things are the most ridiculous form of ranking, ever.

                              Can't believe that is your argument.
                              the point is (which clearly eluded you) is we are not the only ones that judge teams on more than just wins and losses.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X