Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry English a bust?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Larry English a bust?

    Discuss.

    SD could of had Oher instead of English, or Maulauga.

    The great AJ drafts another bust.

  • #2
    Yeah I think he is

    Comment


    • #3
      Couldn't they have had Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing and countless others too?. Well to be fair, We could have had them too. But i'm am happy with what we have, Especially from this years draft.
      HE>i

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
        Couldn't they have had Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing and countless others too?. Well to be fair, We could have had them too. But i'm am happy with what we have, Especially from this years draft.
        Cushing went one pick ahead of SD, they could of had Matthews among others.

        While we could, i'm loving what i see from Ayers this year. He's a monster against the run, and his pass rush is coming along. I think next year is his breakout season, Ayers and Dumervil are going to be a nightmare for other teams to block.

        Comment


        • #5
          Could be...
          But oher when we have MM?

          And many people passed on maualuga including the broncos twice.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
            Could be...
            But oher when we have MM?

            And many people passed on maualuga including the broncos twice.
            Put Oher at RT, McNeill at LT.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              Cushing went one pick ahead of SD, they could of had Matthews among others.
              While we could, i'm loving what i see from Ayers this year. He's a monster against the run, and his pass rush is coming along. I think next year is his breakout season, Ayers and Dumervil are going to be a nightmare for other teams to block.
              Sorry for the mistake. But yes, I love the Robert Ayers pick and love his attitude too. And also Bruton and Mcbath.
              HE>i

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                Put Oher at RT, McNeill at LT.
                I don't agree with this. Clary is very solid at RT

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheQBGuru View Post
                  I don't agree with this. Clary is very solid at RT
                  Clary is terrible, probably the weak link on the Dolts OL.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    They could've had Maualuga, but we could've had him to. English hasn't done anything impressive imo, so as of right now, I'm going to say 'yes'. But damn, imagine DOOM, DJ, Ayers, and Maualuga.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                      Clary is terrible, probably the weak link on the Dolts OL.
                      http://pacstud.webs.com/

                      He doesn't think so, and I take his word over yours any day (unless your an o-line coach who breaks down every single play per position)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        Clary is terrible, probably the weak link on the Dolts OL.
                        Clary is weak but he will become a back-up once MM is back & dombroski moves to RT.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          -While we could, i'm loving what i see from Ayers this year. He's a monster against the run, and his pass rush is coming along. I think next year is his breakout season, Ayers and Dumervil are going to be a nightmare for other teams to block.
                          I don't understand your logic sometimes. I think you just filter information through Orange lenses.

                          Ayers and English were both drafted last year - when English clearly out performed Ayers. In your comment above, it sounds like you are giving Ayers 3 seasons to prove his worth, yet you're calling English a bust.

                          Why? Because Ayers has 1.5 sacks through 4 games and English only had .5 through 2 games (before getting injured and having surgery)?

                          High to mid 1st round draft picks need to contribute immediately. IMO, neither Ayers or English are busts....yet. But, they have definitely not lived up to where they were drafted in '09.

                          Where I do agree with you is the point about how the Chargers should have taken Oher.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                            I don't understand your logic sometimes. I think you just filter information through Orange lenses.

                            Ayers and English were both drafted last year - when English clearly out performed Ayers. In your comment above, it sounds like you are giving Ayers 3 seasons to prove his worth, yet you're calling English a bust.

                            Why? Because Ayers has 1.5 sacks through 4 games and English only had .5 through 2 games (before getting injured and having surgery)?

                            High to mid 1st round draft picks need to contribute immediately. IMO, neither Ayers or English are busts....yet. But, they have definitely not lived up to where they were drafted in '09.

                            Where I do agree with you is the point about how the Chargers should have taken Oher.
                            Try watching the games and you will see Ayers look like a completely different player this year. He was one of the few players who was close to Peyton when we played Indy. Peyton rarely gets sacked. He had a great game against the Titans.

                            Yes, i agree, i always give players 3 years to tell if they are a bust or not. Unless they are a QB, and they need 3 years to develop, then start, like Kolb, Rodgers, Rivers, etc.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                              Yes, i agree, i always give players 3 years to tell if they are a bust or not.
                              Except for players wearing a Chargers uniform, right? Your OP clearly states that you believe English is a bust.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X