Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry English a bust?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Discuss.

    SD could of had Oher instead of English, or Maulauga.

    The great AJ drafts another bust.
    so far he's a bust, yeah

    i don't think mauluga is all that much better honestly , plus rey's an inside LB , english is an OLB lol
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
      Except for players wearing a Chargers uniform, right? Your OP clearly states that you believe English is a bust.
      Ok, i was bored last night and made a thread about it.

      As of now he's a bust, in 3 years maybe he turns it around. Too early to tell.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        Ok, i was bored last night and made a thread about it.

        As of now he's a bust, in 3 years maybe he turns it around. Too early to tell.
        Here's a look at their careers so far....

        Ayers....36 tackles, 2 sacks
        English....40 tackles, 3 sacks

        Yet, you only think one of them is a bust so far.

        Lol....homer much?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
          Here's a look at their careers so far....

          Ayers....36 tackles, 2 sacks
          English....40 tackles, 3 sacks

          Yet, you only think one of them is a bust so far.

          Lol....homer much?
          Well Ayers has looked better then English this year if you have actually watched any Denver games.

          More to a player then just sacks. Look at Mark Anderson, 12 sacks his rookie year, not much since, recently got cut.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            Well Ayers has looked better then English this year if you have actually watched any Denver games.

            More to a player then just sacks. Look at Mark Anderson, 12 sacks his rookie year, not much since, recently got cut.
            You can spin this argument however you want. The point is that your hatered for the Chargers clouds your judgment and limits your ability to bring unbiased opinions to any discussion.

            You're not alone, there are many other homers on this board - from both of our teams.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
              You can spin this argument however you want. The point is that your hatered for the Chargers clouds your judgment and limits your ability to bring unbiased opinions to any discussion.

              You're not alone, there are many other homers on this board - from both of our teams.
              I do hate SD, but what i say is true.

              SD has played no one and the stats on defense and offense are scewed so far.

              Enlgish/Ayers, ok, time will tell on that. Just saying i like what i see from Ayers.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                Except for players wearing a Chargers uniform, right? Your OP clearly states that you believe English is a bust.
                LOL poor Eroyal and his homerism getting exposed again.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                  LOL poor Eroyal and his homerism getting exposed again.
                  Says the homer judging their offense/defense playing the Chiefs, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Jags.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    Says the homer judging their offense/defense playing the Chiefs, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Jags.
                    not judging my defense by playing those teams, you need to read my posts a little closer. i judge the offense based on what they have done the past couple years, which has not changed one bit this year other than being better so far.

                    by the way i am a homer no doubt about it, just not quite as delusional as you.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                      Says the homer judging their offense/defense playing the Chiefs, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Jags.
                      those teams we've played have a combined w/l record of 9-6

                      the teams you've played have a combined w/l record of 8-8

                      advantage : san diego (we've played above .500 competition)
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                        You can spin this argument however you want. The point is that your hatered for the Chargers clouds your judgment and limits your ability to bring unbiased opinions to any discussion.

                        You're not alone, there are many other homers on this board - from both of our teams.
                        You mean like the grades you posted
                        Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                        Denver Broncos (Record: 2-2)
                        Points For: 87
                        Points Against: 85
                        Net Points: +2

                        Total Offense: #4
                        Pass Offense: #1
                        Rush Offense: #32

                        Total Defense: #16
                        Pass Defense: #17
                        Rush Defense: #12

                        Grade: C+
                        Orton is having a career year - in fact, you could argue that he is the MVP through the first four weeks. But, a loss to JAX and the worst rushing attack in the NFL is enough to give this team a "D". A gutsy win on the road against TEN pushes them up a notch.

                        Kansas City Chiefs (Record: 3-0)
                        Points For: 68
                        Points Against: 38
                        Net Points: +30

                        Total Offense: #18
                        Pass Offense: #27
                        Rush Offense: #3

                        Total Defense: #14
                        Pass Defense: #25
                        Rush Defense: #5

                        Grade: A
                        This is the hardest team to grade - mainly because they have only played 3 games. But, they did win all 3 of them. However, being one of the worst teams throwing the ball and one of the worst teams defending the pass will eventually catch up to them. But for now, they are on the Honor Roll.

                        Oakland Raiders (Record: 1-3)
                        Points For: 76
                        Points Against: 107
                        Net Points: -31

                        Total Offense: #9
                        Pass Offense: #20
                        Rush Offense: #6

                        Total Defense: #11
                        Pass Defense: #3
                        Rush Defense: #31

                        Grade: D+
                        Their rushing offense and pass defense keep this team from a failing grade. They seemed like an improved team during the free agency and the draft, but now they look like the same ol' Raiders. I don't see how Tom Cable makes it through the season.

                        San Diego Chargers (Record: 2-2)
                        Points For: 113
                        Points Against: 71
                        Net Points: +42

                        Total Offense: #1
                        Pass Offense: #3
                        Rush Offense: #10

                        Total Defense: #2
                        Pass Defense: #4
                        Rush Defense: #7

                        Grade B
                        Two special teams tackles and the Chargers could be 4-0. They have the top ranked offense and the #2 defense to back up their "B" grade. But, road losses to KC and SEA keep them from being Best in Class.
                        lol homer meets homer then calls him homer.
                        Originally posted by baphamet
                        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                          those teams we've played have a combined w/l record of 9-6

                          the teams you've played have a combined w/l record of 8-8

                          advantage : san diego (we've played above .500 competition)
                          Careful now JC.....if you back him into a corner with facts he will come back hard with the SB card.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                            Careful now JC.....if you back him into a corner with facts he will come back hard with the SB card.
                            lol............

                            i love it when that history is brought up of something over a decade ago, yet champ bailey isn't called a waste despite his lack of a sb ring.....
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I'll give Larry English one more year to determine his bustliness
                              Sports Gaming Zone

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                                lol............

                                i love it when that history is brought up of something over a decade ago, yet champ bailey isn't called a waste despite his lack of a sb ring.....
                                So you really think..

                                KC, Oak, Jax, Arz, Sea>>> Jax, Sea, Indy, Tenn, Balt??

                                So by that logic.

                                Shannon Brown, Adam Morrison>> Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James.

                                Or by NFL logic. Trent Dilfer> Dan Marino. Big Ben> Peyton Manning.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X