• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are both beasts!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dayvboy View Post
      trent dilfer has a superbowl ring so what does that say for ppl that have superbowl rings lol
      hey... he went to fresno state...

Comment

Originally posted by dayvboy View Post
        would seem you didnt watch football in the 70s or 80s because you have no mention of ppl like charlie sanders, ozzie newsome or kellen winslow in the te discussion
        Well considering I wasn't born yet in the 70's you're right I didn't, and that makes me no less aware of what I'm talking about. I know what records Sharpe held when he retired and I watched him, and I've watch Gonzales and Gates both surpass Sharpes numbers so it seems fairly evident to me that they round out the top 3 when assessing receiving TE, and I think most "all time great TE" lists would include all 3 in their top 5 at least.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Orangeflux View Post
          Charger fans don't know what SB rings are so that argument is mute to them.

except positional players are not judged by rings unless they are a QB? i am not saying gates is better than sharpe was but playing the ring card here isn't very sound logic.

Comment

funny thing is, before the season started i got flamed here to high hell when i said gates was a top3 player in the division and easily top3 at his position.

you better believe bookmarked the thread to remind you guys after the season is over.

Comment

Working...
            X