Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will the afc west have 2 playoff teams this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will the afc west have 2 playoff teams this year?

Do you think we'll have two playoff teams this year?

it's been a while since that has happened...

I don't see it happening personally, since the jets and pats are in the same division and the steelers and ravens are as well...

along with colts and the texans...

but you never know... i don't see the texans hanging around for long (though i liked what they were doing in the beginning of the year) and the pats or jets could fall as well...

who knows??? it just might happen

Highly unlikely. I'd say one team from the east n one from the north. Jets or pats n steelers or ravens. What ever team doesn't win division will be the wildcard

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post

I don't see it happening personally, since the jets and pats are in the same division and the steelers and ravens are as well...

but you never know... i don't see the texans hanging around for long (though i liked what they were doing in the beginning of the year) and the pats or jets could fall as well...

Everyone in this division looks like .500 teams + or - a game, so no. I say the division winner ends up having a worse record than teams in other divisions that miss the playoffs completely like the pats did for instance back in '08 when the Chargers slipped and fell on a division title at 8-8, while the patriots stayed home with an 11-5 record.
      sigpic

Comment

If that happens they will probably both be knocked out of the playoffs fast the division is still pretty weak compared to the rest of the AFC.

This year playoffs teams will probably be
        the Jets
        the Titans
        the Steelers
        the Patriots (if they can get over the loss of Moss)
        the Colts
        and whatever afc team wins.

*yes right now I dont think KC or the ravens will actually make it yes the ravens are good but I am doubting they will beat the steelers and KC is going to continue this streak

Still I plan on waiting till after week 8 to make predictions like this. Right now the South looks like it could be dominant, and I bet the east will have 2 teams
        Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-13-2010, 04:42 AM.
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Not a snowballs chance in you know where. And KC or Oakland could just as likely win this division as anyone this year.
          sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
            Everyone in this division looks like .500 teams + or - a game, so no. I say the division winner ends up having a worse record than teams in other divisions that miss the playoffs completely like the pats did for instance back in '08 when the Chargers slipped and fell on a division title at 8-8, while the patriots stayed home with an 11-5 record.
            From the looks of it you'd like to think the Chargers will end up with a non-winning .500 record. This is pure wishful think. I'm going to LMAO at you donk fans when the Chargers win the division again with an 11-5 record and leave the Broncos in the dust. You know damn well the Chiefs are not going anywhere this year. They have no QB. Their small tiny division lead will evaporate into thin air, wait and see. And the Raiders...walking away with a win were we handed them the points to do so doesn't change the fact that Al Davis is still alive and runs a ship that is still full of holes.

If our ST's didn't have such gaping holes the Chargers could easily be 5-0 right now but instead we are 2-3. No worries. We started out 2-3 the past 3 straight seasons and won the division each and every time and are undefeated with a 12-0 division record after game 5. No divisional opponent has been able to stop the Chargers from taking the division and I don't think anyone has the power to stop us again. It is very typical for our divisional opponents to implode after game 5 though and post losing and/or non-winning records and then miss the playoffs altogether.

Quote of the year:

Comment

I don't see it happening personally, ....

Nope. It will be the San Diego Chargers again, the sole representative from the AFCW in the playoffs. Maybe next year there might be 2 of us, then again maybe not.

Quote of the year:

Comment

The West won't have a playoff team this year, just a team that makes the playoffs.

NY Jets
                New England
                Baltimore
                Pittsburgh
                Indianapolis

No way a 2nd place West team finishes higher than those 5. Only hope are head to heads with Miami, Houston and Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
                  Nope. It will be the San Diego Chargers again, the sole representative from the AFCW in the playoffs. Maybe next year there might be 2 of us, then again maybe not.
                  Lawlz at your sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                    Lawlz at your sig.

You mean Lulz?

Thanks.

Quote of the year:

Comment

nope...the chiefs, raiders, and broncos are not good enough for a WC birth.

Comment

Not a chance in hell of that happening, but it might be the year someone other than the Chargers win it.

Comment

Working...
                        X