X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParkHill-71 View Post
    Hey.....................wait a minute.

I thought you said we got dominated
    last week you sure did, not today. what does that have to do with the fact that orton doesn't have much held from his running game?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
      We could REALLY use JaMarcus Russell this week.
      Oh man that was pretty good.
      sigpic
      photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
        Check out his RZ stats. He gains tons of meaningless yards and does nothing when it matters.
        kyle ortons red zone stats:

Code:
        BY FIELD POSITION     CMP     ATT     YDS     CMP%     YPA     LNG     TD     INT     SACK     RAT     ATT     YDS     AVG     LNG     TD
        Opp 19-1 ydline        15     38       92     39.5     2.42     13     4      0       1.0       82.6     1     1     1.0     1     0
        Philip Rivers' red zone stats:
        Code:
        BY FIELD POSITION	 CMP 	ATT 	YDS 	CMP% 	YPA 	LNG 	TD 	INT 	SACK 	RAT 	ATT 	YDS 	AVG 	LNG 	TD
        Opp 19-1 ydline	         11 	32 	85 	34.4 	2.66 	19 	6 	2 	1.0 	56.8 	0 	0 	0.0 	0 	0

Comment

Check out his RZ stats. He gains tons of meaningless yards and does nothing when it matters.
          Guess what helps in the RZ?

A running game that we have been lacking.

We finally showed a little something today in that department.
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, probably about 16 of them. That's right with Orton we will always be mediocre. I hope I am wrong trust me. I want nothing more than to see the Broncos win, but I also call them like I see them and with Orton I never see us better than middle of the road. Please post the proof that I am wrong, if there is some.
            O you mean like how people said Dilfer was mediocre and would never amount to anything. Yet, 5-1 in the playoffs and a ring to prove otherwise. Orton may not be flashy but right now he is ranked #7 in the league with no run game and horrible blocking for a reason. He is lighting it up and not making bad decisions he just doesnt have the skill set to throw a TD out of the redzone often and doesnt have the blocking to throw it in consistently.

Other players with worse QB Ratings in their careers then Orton that have at least 4 playoff wins.
            Terry Bradshaw 14-5 in the playoffs
            Bob Griese 6-5
            Doug Williams 4-3
            Ron Jaworski 4-4

With a good o-line and a good Defense teams win. QBs get credit for being things teams do but as the saying goes give any NFL QB enough time and they will make a play. They also say D wiins championships and games are won in the trenches. Our woes are not from Orton they are from our line both offensively and defensively, the pieces arent there for any QB to really prove a point. Teams that block can score in the endzone its essential that deep you need to get gaps open and keep pressure out of the backfield. D-lines keeps the O-line from having there way with us in the redzone.

None of this is Ortons fault its simple football and he is getting blamed for the pieces not being there for him
            Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-17-2010, 07:12 PM.
            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              last week you sure did, not today. what does that have to do with the fact that orton doesn't have much held from his running game?
              Oh....my bad......I guess I miss understood. I thought you had drew a comparison in another thread about Bronco fans today saying we lost to a tougher team, but felt they should have won and us fans not feeling as
              disheartened as Charger fans, just to paraphrase....

If you were somehow trying to fit in the loss last week to Ravens (of which knowone I know) took satisfaction in that loss, which pretty much is different from this week, and using that fit your argument, then I guess I again miss understood!
              Last edited by ParkHill-71; 10-17-2010, 07:13 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                Guess what helps in the RZ?

A running game that we have been lacking.

We finally showed a little something today in that department.
                We weren't lacking a running game today and tell me how well did Orton do.

Comment

We weren't in there all that often, when we were.... We scored on one, fumbled once and didn't on the other due to a botched field goal snap.

sigpic

Comment

Exactly. Point made. Orton didn't lose us this game by HIS RZ performance.

sigpic

Comment

Ill admit 145 yards rushing says something that is unbelievable but 3.9 ypc may be better then our usual its still slightly average. Our running may have been better and we ran the ball more but we did not show that amazing of a blocking scheme to score in the redzone.

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                        kyle ortons red zone stats:

Code:
                        BY FIELD POSITION     CMP     ATT     YDS     CMP%     YPA     LNG     TD     INT     SACK     RAT     ATT     YDS     AVG     LNG     TD
                        Opp 19-1 ydline        15     38       92     39.5     2.42     13     4      0       1.0       82.6     1     1     1.0     1     0
                        Philip Rivers' red zone stats:
                        Code:
                        BY FIELD POSITION	 CMP 	ATT 	YDS 	CMP% 	YPA 	LNG 	TD 	INT 	SACK 	RAT 	ATT 	YDS 	AVG 	LNG 	TD
                        Opp 19-1 ydline	         11 	32 	85 	34.4 	2.66 	19 	6 	2 	1.0 	56.8 	0 	0 	0.0 	0 	0
                        For one I was not comparing Orton to Rivers and for another on what planet is Orton's stat line in the RZ a good one? 39.5 % completions, is ugly.

Comment

For one I was not comparing Orton to Rivers and for another on what planet is Orton's stat line in the RZ a good one? 39.5 % completions, is ugly.
                          As long as Orton gets 5,000 yards passing this year, no one cares about his horrible RZ rating.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                            As long as Orton gets 5,000 yards passing this year, no one cares about his horrible RZ rating.
                            Well scoring would be nice with those passes its just oblivious to how football works to blame it all on Orton

I mean Sanchize has 10 TD's this year and only averages 175 yards a game. So why does he score so much without being able to get down the field that often, because he has the best O-line in the game.

Comment

At least you guys don't have Jason Campbell.. I think all would agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                                At least you guys don't have Jason Campbell.. I think all would agree with that.
                                Probably not Chazoe and other Orton haters.

But yes, I agree. I am very thankful we have Orton and not Campbell. :thumb:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X