James Harrison-"I try to hurt players"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is good stuff...

Harrison is now considering retirement because of the fines and the rules are "cramping his style".

LOL
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
      this is good stuff...

Harrison is now considering retirement because of the fines and the rules are "cramping his style".

LOL
      Aww man, I can't play dirty anymore? I quit.

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I guess if I can't hurt them I'll just refuse millions of dollars and retire.

That's just what I'll do!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
          Almost positive the rule doesn't apply to RB's or WR's who are in the act of running, so there will be no penalty for a WR or RB lowing their head as they are running into a defender. It specifically applies to "defensless" WR's. So when a guy is in the air going for a catch it's a no-no, which makes sense, even though it's kind of the QB's fault for hanging his WR out to dry if he doesn't read the defense right.
          It doesn't apply to WR's and RB's, but if a RB/WR lowers his head to run over a
          LB and the LB makes a perfect form tackle their helmets collide (Harrison's hit
          on Cribs was much like this, just from the side).

I have zero problem with no launching at a "defenseless" WR, but IMO how was
          Jackson anymore defenseless than a guy getting blindsided on a kick return??
          The Heap hit = dirty.
          The D-Jax hit = clean.
          Cribs hit = clean.
          I need to see the Mo Mass one again.
          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ome-hits-legal

Here is a good video going over this weekends hits. They show each hit and go over the current rules regarding illegal hits.

For once I actually agree with everything said on the clip from the NFL Network
            sigpic
            2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
              http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ome-hits-legal

Here is a good video going over this weekends hits. They show each hit and go over the current rules regarding illegal hits.

For once I actually agree with everything said on the clip from the NFL Network
              ^^ Perfect video ^^

So upon see the Harrison hit on MoMass def not legal, not dirty either.
              Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
                It doesn't apply to WR's and RB's, but if a RB/WR lowers his head to run over a
                LB and the LB makes a perfect form tackle their helmets collide (Harrison's hit
                on Cribs was much like this, just from the side).

I have zero problem with no launching at a "defenseless" WR, but IMO how was
                Jackson anymore defenseless than a guy getting blindsided on a kick return??
                The Heap hit = dirty.
                The D-Jax hit = clean.
                Cribs hit = clean.
                I need to see the Mo Mass one again.

I disagree with the Cribbs hit. That was kind of uncalled for, as Cribbs was already going down, there was no need to charge at him head first. And I agree with the Jackson hit, I'm glad Dunta is appealing the fine, as that hit looked perfectley clean to me. The Merriweather hit on Heap was just a cheap shot, completely dirty. I think the MoMass hit could go either way, you could make a case for it being a dirty hit and a clean hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                  I disagree with the Cribbs hit. That was kind of uncalled for, as Cribbs was already going down, there was no need to charge at him head first. And I agree with the Jackson hit, I'm glad Dunta is appealing the fine, as that hit looked perfectley clean to me. The Merriweather hit on Heap was just a cheap shot, completely dirty. I think the MoMass hit could go either way, you could make a case for it being a dirty hit and a clean hit.
                  And I disagree. He was not defenseless, he was running with the ball. Honestly if Harrison was one step slower he would have hit him in the should pads or ribs. That's the nature of the game!

The launching while leading with the head (i.e. Merriweather/Harrison) is the only thing I have a problem with.
                  sigpic
                  2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Working...
                  X