So who's got the scrub kicker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who's got the scrub kicker?

I remember a certain dolt fan calling Matt Prater a scrub kicker. He had a 49 yard field goal and a 59 yard field goal. So I guess he is one of the most accurate kickers in history from that distance. Heh, eat some crow.
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Who said Prater was a scrub kicker?

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      Who said Prater was a scrub kicker?
      I believe that it was Baph who said this but don't quote me verbatim.
      sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
        I believe that it was Baph who said this but don't quote me verbatim.
        I just did!

what u gonna do about it

anyways, these are the things they can say:

"he missed a fg"

"it was a mile above sea level, even rivers coulda kicked it from that distance"

"he's still a scrub"

Comment

Slow night huh.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
            I just did!

what u gonna do about it

anyways, these are the things they can say:

"he missed a fg"

"it was a mile above sea level, even rivers coulda kicked it from that distance"

"he's still a scrub"
            i bet you couldn't
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              i bet you couldn't
              I bet i could

(i can see this going on for hours)

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                I bet i could

(i can see this going on for hours)
                i don't think kaeding could in the playoffs.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Yeah he will always be a defective clone of vanderjagt accurate in the regular season and chokes in the playoffs. To bad he will never catch up to his 42 consecutive field goals and went 200 of 230. Granted 14-11 isnt bad for Vandy in the post season but still he will for every be known for those chokes.

If Nate misses 7 more shots in his 43 left to 200 and if he doesnt go a season 37-37 then going 5-5 going 42 consecutive times without missing and not to mention having 3 of 9 seasons above 90% accuracy I wont consider him the most accurate kicker in NFL history.
                  Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-19-2010, 07:18 AM.
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

who is prater? oh yeah, your scrub kicker who has never made a kick in the playoffs yet you donk fans acted like he was more clutch than kaeding? i remember that conversation quite well.
                    Last edited by baphamet; 10-19-2010, 04:47 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

wake me up when prater makes just one kick in the playoffs. lol

as far as regular season goes, that scrub has nothing on kaeding.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
                        I remember a certain dolt fan calling Matt Prater a scrub kicker. He had a 49 yard field goal and a 59 yard field goal. So I guess he is one of the most accurate kickers in history from that distance. Heh, eat some crow.
                        It could have been me. Prater had a horrible start to his career - 25% accurracy in ATL and 73% in DEN in '08. In fact, there was a stretch where he missed of 8 of 20 FGs to end the season.

Ultimately, Shanny and Cutler took the blame for Denver's EPIC FAIL that year, but IMO.....Prater bears some responsibility too.

Last year, he made great improvement. Funny how his misses came against NE, INDY, and SD (plus the 2 against CLE) last year. Until Denver makes the playoffs, we'll never know if he is "clutch". I guess it's great to kick a 59 yarder in a regular season loss. But, it doesn't really mean much to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                          Yeah he will always be a defective clone of vanderjagt accurate in the regular season and chokes in the playoffs. To bad he will never catch up to his 42 consecutive field goals and went 200 of 230. Granted 14-11 isnt bad for Vandy in the post season but still he will for every be known for those chokes.

If Nate misses 7 more shots in his 43 left to 200 and if he doesnt go a season 37-37 then going 5-5 going 42 consecutive times without missing and not to mention having 3 of 9 seasons above 90% accuracy I wont consider him the most accurate kicker in NFL history.
                          What does this statement even mean? Dang....you just ruined a smooth shot of Gentleman's Jack. Now I need to have another one to get over this sentence/paragraph you posted. Try mixing in a comma or period every now and again.

Again....not sure what you said. But, Nate Kaeding is the #1 regular seaon kicker overall in the NFL. Period. I think he is ranked #4 or #5 when you factor in playoffs (where he sucks). Prater isn't even on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            who is prater? oh yeah, your scrub kicker who has never made a kick in the playoffs yet you donk fans acted like he was more clutch than kaeding? i remember that conversation quite well.
                            You are such a tool baph.

Prater isn't good because he hasn't made the playoffs.

So i guess Calvin Johnson sucks because he hasn't made the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                              You are such a tool baph.

Prater isn't good because he hasn't made the playoffs.

So i guess Calvin Johnson sucks because he hasn't made the playoffs.
                              Just like Bronco fans think Rivers sucks because he hasn't won a SB.

See how Donkey Logic sounds so stupid when other fans from other teams use it.

Edit: oh...and calling a pretty respected poster on here a "tool" is classy ERoyal. LOL...over a place kicker thread....epic.
                              Last edited by Boltheads; 10-19-2010, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X