who sucks more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheChiefs View Post
    The Chargers actually have talent...Denver is heading for a rebuilding year. Its almost identical to what we went through here in KC. McDaniels does well his first year with shanahan players. Just like Herm did here with DV players. I really think Denver will struggle to win 5-6 games this year...and wont be much better next year. McDaniels is not a good coach, and getting rid of some of their best players (im looking at you brandon marshall) and a solid coach (Shanahan who is currently turning the redskins around) is not, and did not help the organization.

Let the rebuilding begin in Denver! (you will know how we felt here in KC!)

The Chargers on the other hand, still have talent. Albeit less than they have in years past, but they still are a decent team. I think San Diego is mediocre in all honesty. Their coaching is HORRIBLE though! When you make as many mistakes as the chargers have, you gotta blame it on the coaching. Ive said it before, and Ill say it again...Norv Turner is not a good coach.

The main problem with the chargers imo is the fact that they do not have some of the supporting cast that defined the good charger teams in years past. No merriam, no VJ, no Tomlinson, no Lorenzo Oneal...where the chargers used to be more of a power smash mouth football team, theyve become more finesse, and thus "soft".

The Chiefs may very well lose to the chargers in SD later on this year...However, the chargers dont "worry" me as much as they have in years past. I think the window is closing on that team now.
    We have plenty of talent. Rebuilding sure, but we're not starting from scratch like the Bills.

Jax game, were in it all game, simple mistakes, no pass rush.

Colts game, 0-5 in redzone, can't do that and expect to beat Peyton and the Colts.

Ravens beat us in every phase, we at least made it a game, 17-7, then they pulled away in the end.

Jets game, i think we played by far the best game of the season. Solid run defense, running game was better. Had a good pass defense. Then simple mistakes, botched snap, fumble, PI, etc.

Raiders game, have no idea what happened.

We'll see against the 49ers if they have quit or not.

They have showed they can play with the best, just a matter of making the plays in the 4th quarter.

Would Marshall even matter, our passing game is doing better without him. Demaryius is the same build as Marshall with better speed, just needs time to develop.

Comment

A loss to the Raiders at home in that fashion makes it a little skewed. It's clear the Chargers have the more talented team on paper and have played weaker opponents and wound up with the same record as the Broncos.

I'd have to say Chargers.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        We have plenty of talent. Rebuilding sure, but we're not starting from scratch like the Bills.
        I think most NFL teams have "plenty" of talent. What they lack is leadership, and good coaching.

McDaniels is in over his head, like Obama...completely lost and ineffective as a leader. Not to mention the supporting cast...sure you have champ and dawkins, but for how much longer? And outside of their leadership on the field, who do you have comparable? Literally no one on offense. You got rid of your best play maker in Marshall because him and McDaniels had a falling out...I see some down years heading towards your way. The only thing you can hope for is that it lasts as long as it did here in KC.

Jax game, were in it all game, simple mistakes, no pass rush.

Colts game, 0-5 in redzone, can't do that and expect to beat Peyton and the Colts.

Ravens beat us in every phase, we at least made it a game, 17-7, then they pulled away in the end.
        Well, a case could be made for the chiefs being 6-0 at this point, if we use your logic. You are what you are, 2-5. I honestly didnt expect denver to do much this year. I still think you will struggle to win 2-3 more games.

We'll see against the 49ers if they have quit or not.
        The 9ers are a shady team...They have a HORRIBLE coach, but all the talent in the world to be competitive. Singletary is probably a worse coach than McDaniels.

They have showed they can play with the best, just a matter of making the plays in the 4th quarter.[/quote]

Hey, in our three horrid seasons here, we still had some close games...in fact, many of our games were close. We made simple stupid mistakes, usually in the 4th that cost us the game. Denver fans are starting to sound like KC fans back in 07-09.

Would Marshall even matter, our passing game is doing better without him. Demaryius is the same build as Marshall with better speed, just needs time to develop.
        Marshal is a top 3 reciever in this league...denver literally has no one that compares to him. You also undervalue his leadership role. Good players usually hold a lot of sway in the locker room. Denver is lacking in this department imo.

Comment

We definitely suck more than the Chargers, but we both suck so terribly it doesn't really matter anymore.

Comment

Expectations? Chargers. Again they were expected to be a SB contender. Does not seem like it.

A team as a whole, Broncos are making a strong case for it with yesterday's super smash, disaster, embarrassment, pitiful, disgusting, brutal, showcase.

If you lose close games it's an execution or a coaching problem.

You get blown out, it's the entire team.
            sigpic

Comment

I think most NFL teams have "plenty" of talent. What they lack is leadership, and good coaching.

McDaniels is in over his head, like Obama...completely lost and ineffective as a leader. Not to mention the supporting cast...sure you have champ and dawkins, but for how much longer? And outside of their leadership on the field, who do you have comparable? Literally no one on offense. You got rid of your best play maker in Marshall because him and McDaniels had a falling out...I see some down years heading towards your way. The only thing you can hope for is that it lasts as long as it did here in KC.

Well, a case could be made for the chiefs being 6-0 at this point, if we use your logic. You are what you are, 2-5. I honestly didnt expect denver to do much this year. I still think you will struggle to win 2-3 more games.

The 9ers are a shady team...They have a HORRIBLE coach, but all the talent in the world to be competitive. Singletary is probably a worse coach than McDaniels.

They have showed they can play with the best, just a matter of making the plays in the 4th quarter.
              Hey, in our three horrid seasons here, we still had some close games...in fact, many of our games were close. We made simple stupid mistakes, usually in the 4th that cost us the game. Denver fans are starting to sound like KC fans back in 07-09.

Marshal is a top 3 reciever in this league...denver literally has no one that compares to him. You also undervalue his leadership role. Good players usually hold a lot of sway in the locker room. Denver is lacking in this department imo.[/QUOTE]

Not even going to comment on McDaniels, i stand by what i think about him.

Touche.

Marshall is not Top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                the broncos or the chargers?
                Oh it is not even close, THIS WEEK, the Broncos are the worst. And you know what else, the Chefs and Faiders could easily finish 1-2 in the division this year. sad
                sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Marshal is a top 3 reciever in this league...denver literally has no one that compares to him. You also undervalue his leadership role. Good players usually hold a lot of sway in the locker room. Denver is lacking in this department imo.
                  Marshall isn't anywhere close to being a top 3 WR.

1.Andre Johnson
                  2.Roddy White
                  3.Fitzgerald
                  4.Calvin Johnson

Marshall is more of a #6 or #7 type guy. Not top 3 though.

Comment

Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
                    45 points 3 points, 2-5 sucks, what's the the last 2-5 team to make the playoffs?
                    Don't know about the last but I hope the next is the Broncos!

I think it is pretty obvious which team is not playing as well as the other even though they have the same record, but which team has completely underachieved most expectations at the start of the season?

I can see the case made for either team being worse.

That said, being a Broncos fan, the Chargers are a worse 2-5 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      the broncos or the chargers?
                      Most recent game, 1 Team gets spanked by 45pts and the other 1 losses by commiting some of the stupidest mental breakdowns that I've seen or actually had to endure in recent memories.

End result, 2-5 and 2-5............. Pick your poison.

Comment

there's a couple different definitions of suck happening here

denver sucks in a way that they aren't really losing games due so much to sloppiness as much as they've got some injuries and they're getting vastly outplayed at times

san diego sucks in a way that , while they're #1 in O and D, that can't save them from their giveaway and special teams problems, ie they suck in a way that only a team who gives up 3 kick return tds, 3 blocked punts and about 3 or 4 fumbles a game (half of those seemingly in BOTH red zones) can suck....and it's not even mid season....jumping jesus christ
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                          ....and it's not even mid season....jumping jesus christ
                          Word...

:brick:
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe we should all just concede and hand the title to KC. There's two games separating 1st from last and nobody's really even played each other yet.
                            sigpic

Comment

i lol at the title of this thread... all the time...

It makes me want to chant "BRON-COS BRON-COS BRON-COS!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X