Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's San Diego's Excuse for being so Horrible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's San Diego's Excuse for being so Horrible?

Broncos are incredibly banged up on defense, but I have yet to see a reason why the San Diego Chargers are at the same record as we are?

You have the number one offense, and the number one defense, and still 2-5.

There a reason for this?

coaching, turnovers, injuries, and "late starters"

the real question is... how long can they continue like this before they start winning games?
    Last edited by wesuckrealbad; 10-26-2010, 08:09 AM.
    Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

What's San Diego's Excuse for being so Horrible?

Comment

Originally posted by Raiderfan76 View Post
        love it

Have one of McD? :brick:
        2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

I would say Norv. But, for as good as Rivers is, and you all know I give Rivers his props as a QB, I have seen him look pretty bad in big spots in the parts of the games I have seen this season. He seems to be turning it over at the most inopportune times.

Comment

IMO, I think part of it is ownership's refusal to negotiate new contracts with their holdouts (McNeil and Jackson) both of whom are star players at their respective positions. 1. Protecting the QB and 2. giving Rivers another target.

Ownership decided to play hard ball and I don't know if it was the right thing to do or not but think it's impacting their performance.

Oh yeah, special teams suck too.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RAIDER951 View Post
              Oh yeah, special teams suck too.
              Special teams, as in "we ride in the short bus" special teams?

Comment

Originally posted by funnyone78 View Post
                Broncos are incredibly banged up on defense, but I have yet to see a reason why the San Diego Chargers are at the same record as we are?

There a reason for this?
                simply put, crap special teams and a boat load of turnovers

that's the only reason for the 5 losses
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by funnyone78 View Post

There a reason for this?
                  so the broncos are incredibly banged up on defense but the chargers are not banged up at all on offense?

there is no excuse for losing but you just made an excuse for the broncos and ignored that same exact excuse for the chargers, you fail.

Comment

Originally posted by RAIDER951 View Post
                    IMO, I think part of it is ownership's refusal to negotiate new contracts with their holdouts (McNeil and Jackson) both of whom are star players at their respective positions. 1. Protecting the QB and 2. giving Rivers another target.
                    sorry but that is not even close to why they are losing. yes they could definitely use Jackson right now due to the injuries but they are not 2-5 because their offense is lacking Jackson.

just like JC said, its special teams and turnovers......nothing else. it all falls on coaching and preparation.

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                      I would say Norv. But, for as good as Rivers is, and you all know I give Rivers his props as a QB, I have seen him look pretty bad in big spots in the parts of the games I have seen this season. He seems to be turning it over at the most inopportune times.
                      yeah rivers is just as guilty of the sloppy play as anyone else due to the fumbling. yeah he has been taking more pressure than usual but that is no excuse.

its the entire team though, that is why it is indeed norv and his lack of game preparation.

Comment

Originally posted by wesuckrealbad View Post
                        coaching, turnovers, injuries, and "late starters"

the real question is... how long can they continue like this before they start winning games?
                        it might already be too late.

Comment

The Chargers seem to have one problem........discipline. That translates into special team mistakes, red zone turnovers, and costly penalties.

How much of that is Norv Turner, Ron Rivera, and Steve Crosby? I don't know. But, I do know that you can fix it mid-season.....unlike Denver's problems (which will have to be addressed in the offseason).

So, while we may have "the same record" at this point in the season.....we won't at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                            The Chargers seem to have one problem........discipline. That translates into special team mistakes, red zone turnovers, and costly penalties.

How much of that is Norv Turner, Ron Rivera, and Steve Crosby? I don't know. But, I do know that you can fix it mid-season.....unlike Denver's problems (which will have to be addressed in the offseason).

So, while we may have "the same record" at this point in the season.....we won't at the end of the year.
                            its very much the coaches fault, i wouldn't really blame rivera because the defense has actually been solid.

offense, special teams, and overall game preparation, it mainly goes on norv if you ask me. but i do agree it can be fixed, but is it too late?

Comment

I don't consider the San Diego Chargers a horrible team.
                              We've been in every single game.

Nothing can kill a teams chances more than costly turnovers. ST's and Field position is crucial, then toss in a missed FG, injured starters, multiple dropped passes, crucial false starts with the game on the line, including other bone-headed penalties, etc. Its not a recipe for success. I also have to throw in there coaching and the guy who is ultimately responsible is Norv Turner as he takes the heat for the losses (or so he is supposed to).

I am amazed that no team has completely throttled the Chargers. In fact, considering all the baffoon bumbling idiotic mistakes its really surprising that the Chargers were even close in any game this year. If anyone had the chance to absolutely throttle the Chargers it was certainly the Patriots considering all the free points and excellent field position we were giving away that day.

There is one thing I can say for sure that without Philips Rivers we would be one sorry ass team. No way would we be remotely close to being in any game without an elite QB at the helm. I'm not saying he's perfect but I can at least sleep at night knowing my team fought their asses off with the back-ups and reserves in spite of the mistakes and lost to a 4-1 team by a mere 3 points. I can sleep at night knowing this team will always be competitive and have a chance at winning with Rivers on center even with back-ups and reserves, even without VJ.

I'm wondering how many sleepless drunks there are in Dove Valley now that the Raiders completely Destroyed the Broncos by a 45 point margin of victory. What is Denver's excuse for being so horrible and losing to a 2-4 team so horrendously?
                              Last edited by BOLTMAN-1; 10-26-2010, 06:13 PM.

Quote of the year:

Comment

Working...
                              X