Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson to sign tender

Pic from NFL.com didn't see an article.

I don't know all the details about his situation, but why didn't he do this earlier if he was just going to fold? (Assuming that's what he is doing)

Not really smack.
    sigpic

It's so he can become a free agent at the end of the year. I'm not a 100% but if he doesn't play a certain amount he is still under contract next season. I believe Mankins is doing the same as well.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
        It's so he can become a free agent at the end of the year. I'm not a 100% but if he doesn't play a certain amount he is still under contract next season. I believe Mankins is doing the same as well.
        Yes and no.

He did it so he gets credit for this years playing time and becomes a FA next year.Report any later than 3 weeks from the 31st(he will be suspended for the next 3 games) and this year does not count as a year played for him.
        Originally posted by baphamet
        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Dre View Post
          [IMG]

I don't know all the details about his situation, but why didn't he do this earlier if he was just going to fold? (Assuming that's what he is doing)

Not really smack.
          He played a very expensive game of poker....and lost.

Unfortunately, some these players get bad advice from their agents. VJ never had any leverage - especially in a game against AJ Smith. AJ simply called his bluff.

On the other hand, his agents did land Darrell Revis a big contract. But, Revis held all the cards in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
            He played a very expensive game of poker....and lost.
            I don't think that there were any winners in that game -- the Chargers certainly didn't win, especially Jackson jumps ship at first opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
              I don't think that there were any winners in that game -- the Chargers certainly didn't win, especially Jackson jumps ship at first opportunity.
              He is just trying to turn it into a win for the Chargers/AJ.

Truth is VJ didn't get paid yet but he will be a FA and it hurt the Chargers short term for sure possibly long term.(Who wants to play for a team that won't give contract extentions to guys who deserve them?) No long term effects to VJ and with that pittance of a contract he has it didn't cost him a fortune either.Had the Chargers traded him at least they would have got something in return. Now he walks for nothing and gets paid.Advantage VJ.
              Last edited by Beagle; 10-29-2010, 06:58 PM.
              Originally posted by baphamet
              are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
                agreed, nobody won that one in the short term but we will see what happens in the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                  agreed, nobody won that one in the short term but we will see what happens in the long term.
                  Long term?

It would pretty much be impossible for the Chargers to win.

Jackson gets some money (obviously should've taken it early) AND gets to leave.

Chargers get to save a little money, and lose a talented WR for nothing.

VJax wins any way you spin it, IMO, unless I am missing something.
                  2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

Truth is VJ didn't get paid yet but he will be a FA and it hurt the Chargers short term for sure possibly long term.(Who wants to play for a team that won't give contract extentions to guys who deserve them?) No long term effects to VJ and with that pittance of a contract he has it didn't cost him a fortune either.Had the Chargers traded him at least they would have got something in return. Now he walks for nothing and gets paid.Advantage VJ.
                    i dont think it makes other players not want to sign with the chargers, especially the VJ situation because AJ was never going to re-sign Jackson.

the chargers are signing guys they want to sign. they paid rivers and gates no no problem at all.

i also think it could go either way as far as long term effects goes. who's to say that Jackson doesn't go to another team without a prolific QB on par with rivers?

Jackson will likely not be anywhere near as potent on a team without weapons like the chargers have.

i think it is much more likely the chargers offense stays potent without Jackson as well as Jackson not being as good on a team with an average offense.

however, on the right team Jackson would flourish.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                      Long term?

It would pretty much be impossible for the Chargers to win.

Jackson gets some money (obviously should've taken it early) AND gets to leave.

Chargers get to save a little money, and lose a talented WR for nothing.

VJax wins any way you spin it, IMO, unless I am missing something.
                      Jackson does not win if he goes to a team without a prolific offense. he is not a possession receiver, he counts on the long ball to get his numbers.

few throw the long ball as good as rivers, especially when you have gates drawing attention away from you.

short term? yes he gets paid and the chargers are left with a 3rd round compensation pick.

long term? Jackson possibly falls back to earth and doesn't put up the numbers like he did in SD, while the chargers continue to be a potent offense without Jackson, just like they are now without him. (even though they could use him because of the injures)

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        Jackson does not win if he goes to a team without a prolific offense. he is not a possession receiver, he counts on the long ball to get his numbers.

few throw the long ball as good as rivers, especially when you have gates drawing attention away from you.

short term? yes he gets paid and the chargers are left with a 3rd round compensation pick.

long term? Jackson possibly falls back to earth and doesn't put up the numbers like he did in SD, while the chargers continue to be a potent offense without Jackson, just like they are now without him. (even though they could use him because of the injures)
                        To be honest, I think Jackson is more worried about the money than anything else.

Sure he'd like to have the stats, to get payed later on too, and sure a championship would be nice....but I think the money is all that he cares about.

So, I'd still say VJax wins overall.
                        2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                          To be honest, I think Jackson is more worried about the money than anything else.

Sure he'd like to have the stats, to get payed later on too, and sure a championship would be nice....but I think the money is all that he cares about.

So, I'd still say VJax wins overall.
                          that's kind of an odd way to look at it considering he never was going to get paid in SD?

SD can still franchise tag him and then trade him lol

Comment

Working...
                          X