Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Turner or Tomlinson Win a SB before the Chargers do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
    Brees = we had Plummer
    Turner = they could pay a pop warner player 50 bucks a year to put up a 1000 yd season in shanny's offense.

LT = no clue
    Fixed it for ya....I mean who the hell would want Drew Brees when you had Jake Plummer for chrine out loud!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
      Fixed it for ya....I mean who the hell would want Drew Brees when you had Jake Plummer for chrine out loud!!!...
      That's true we had Plummer at the time. To be fair though Only the Dolphins and Saints took a look at him so in no way are the Broncos the only team that passed him up. In hindsight it would be sick to have Brees as out QB, alot of other teams feel the same way.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dsmith275 View Post
        That's true we had Plummer at the time. To be fair though Only the Dolphins and Saints took a look at him so in no way are the Broncos the only team that passed him up. In hindsight it would be sick to have Brees as out QB, alot of other teams feel the same way.
        You nailed it - this is the point right here.

Drew Brees was damaged goods. Nobody knew if he would ever play again. In fact, the Dolphins backed away and signed Daunte Culpepper.

So in the end, the Chargers took their chance with Rivers. Was it the BEST choice? Who knows, but it seems to be working out okay so far. On the other hand, Denver passed on him and stuck with Plummer.

I just think it's idiotic when Bronco fans try and throw the Brees, Turner, and LT moves in our face - when they have no idea about the reasoning behind player moves.

Comment

Let's put it this way...Turner/Tomlinson both have a better chance now than they used to...playing for the Chargers.

Yeah, I know, Chargers have been beating us like a rented mule the last few years, with a few exceptions. Big deal, it's not like you're the only team that has beaten us...get in line.

San Diego starts out like crap, finishes like the hottest team in football, then does the 'el-foldo' in the playoffs. Sure, Broncos are playing like crap, but we know what the Chargers are gonna do too.

Comment

ahhh...... % just went up...
            Last edited by Broncoboy6; 12-28-2010, 12:25 AM.
            HE>i

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
              Yeah why would any team want a QB who took them 33-15 and gave them a chance to play in the AFC champion ship game. Truth is Plummer at the time looked a lot more stable then Brees which is why we didnt want him. If he hadnt choked in the championship and Shanny didnt get obessesed with his new toy he may have been with us longer
              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

The Chargers are like the Cubs. Haha.

Comment

Turner? Possibly, he's younger and has fresher legs.

Tomlinson? Probably not. If the Jets don't win a SB this year, I doubt LT will be around much longer, he has played good at times, but he's just a plug in guy to them just like Thomas Jones. They'll replace him with another veteran or possibly draft another RB.

LT has about a 2 year window at best to get a ring.
                  Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Originally posted by powderblues View Post
                    Turner? Possibly, he's younger and has fresher legs.

Tomlinson? Probably not. If the Jets don't win a SB this year, I doubt LT will be around much longer, he has played good at times, but he's just a plug in guy to them just like Thomas Jones. They'll replace him with another veteran or possibly draft another RB.

LT has about a 2 year window at best to get a ring.
                    That gives me a good reason to cheer for the Jets but if the Falcons or even if by some luck the Saints win again I will still be happy lol. Still if that Pats dont win it all ild be shocked but what do I know I picked the Packers and they may not even be in it (making them the only bigger dissapointment then the Chargers)
                    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 12-28-2010, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
                      Its hard to say.

One thing is for certain though the Denver Broncos will not make the playoffs this year. This is a no brainer. :thumb:
                      neither will the Chargers. weird.

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                      Nobody knew if he would ever play again. In fact, the Dolphins backed away and signed Daunte Culpepper.
                      woops! although he went to Oakland afterward but still. doesn't he play for uh....Sacramento now or whatever UFL team he's on.
                      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

* LT = Getting Closer

* Turner = Will have to wait till next week.

And the new add on:
                        ---------------------

*Charlie Whitehurst = Getting Closer
                        HE>i

Comment

LT has to go to NE in winter again

not a good place for him

tomlinson and cromartie beating the colts though....that shoulda been expected when ya think about it haha, chargers always beat peyton
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post

not a good place for him lol
                            Well at least it will cool down those bruised knees of his. Should be interesting seeing Sanchez do nothing as his team tries to win a game again, but I doubt this one will be as successful. I had the Jets in this round but i am sticking with my pre season picks NE and GB
                            Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-08-2011, 11:59 PM.

Comment

I really hope LT gets a ring and sticks it to AJ Smith and the Chargers front office. Hell, I hope the chargers fail miserably from here on out. Im not stupid, I know these a-holes are going to LA so that organization can go screw themselves.

Comment

you're a prefect example of why many call Charger fans fairweather. Im sure you loved LT, but of course you hate him now. Now next time you hang out with Norv and AJ, ask them to at least let you have a reach around

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post

not a good place for him

tomlinson and cromartie beating the colts though....that shoulda been expected when ya think about it haha, chargers always beat peyton

Comment

Working...
                                X