What's up with Manning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    It's quite amazing, and the funny thing is Rivers hasn't even had that great of a game.

Pretty much the defense/Tolbert are why they're winning.
    Rivers has done what was needed to win the game. Control the pace of play & not make the bad decision thats been haunting Manning.

19 of 23 for 185 yards doesnt look like a terrible game though.

If the team continues to play like this and takes care of the ball as to turnovers & special team play is the main reason Rivers will not even sniff Marino's record. Orton will probable end up closer the Rivers does.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
      Even Superman has kryptonite

The Chargers are Peytatoheads...

...and the Jets are the Chargers'
      No, the playoffs are
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
        Rivers has done what was needed to win the game. Control the pace of play & not make the bad decision thats been haunting Manning.

19 of 23 for 185 yards doesnt look like a terrible game though.

If the team continues to play like this and takes care of the ball as to turnovers & special team play is the main reason Rivers will not even sniff Marino's record. Orton will probable end up closer the Rivers does.
        Very true, pretty much just checkdowns, and a few throws over the middle. Surprising when you see Peyton play this badly. SD just has his number.

I agree with the 2nd part. I could care less if Orton breaks it, in this day and age, anyone could break it if they throw 40+ times a game.

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
          Man, the Chargers must really be in this guy's head deep or something. You never see Peyton Manning playing like this.

We couldn't beat the Rams, our season is over, and I'm gunna lose in FF by 2 points because Vincent Jackson is "Injured" and out for the game.

The least this guy could do is get it together and beat these weenies
          You ask whats wrong with Peyton? The same thing thats wrong with us. The injuries are catch up, and taking over.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            Very true, pretty much just checkdowns, and a few throws over the middle. Surprising when you see Peyton play this badly. SD just has his number.

I agree with the 2nd part. I could care less if Orton breaks it, in this day and age, anyone could break it if they throw 40+ times a game.
            Agreed...you would like to see someone break it when it means something but just the fact that the Broncos will playing from behind alot just lends itself to Orton racking up meaningless yards.

Comment

i dont know what it is but i like it
              sigpic Crushing internet tuffguys one at a time!!!

Originally Posted by BroncoLefty
              Look Steeler fans....we know. We all know about the rings. We know about the past, ok? All you guys seem to want to do is talk about the past, I dont get it. The Patriots share this problem with you as well. Nobody cares-stop living in the past.<---- typical bronco forum hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                No, the playoffs are
                correction......first round bye's in the playoffs are.
                sigpic

Comment

the chargers are in his heads for sure, check this out....

Peyton Manning gets prickly over questions about the Chargers
                  Posted by Mike Florio on November 27, 2010, 12:11 AM EST
                  Colts Patriots Football

It seems as if Colts quarterback Peyton Manning has been sporting his pissed-off puss more often than usual during games. He apparently is more frustrated off the field of late, too.

During a Wednesday conference call with the San Diego media, Manning didn’t appreciate being reminded by Kevin Acee of the Union-Tribune that the Chargers have beaten the Colts four out of five times, dating back to 2005.

“Since ’05, is that a monumental year or something?” Manning said.

Well, yeah. It is. That was the year the Colts were 13-0 and the Chargers went into Indianapolis and beat them.

So Acee added to the mix a 2004 game between that two teams, which the Colts won in overtime at home.

“It’s a preparation thing,” Manning said. “Get your stats correct before you come with this question.”

Huh? Acee’s stats were correct. In the last five games between the two teams, the Chargers won 23-17 in the 2008 playoffs, 28-24 during the 2007 postseason, 23-21 during the 2007 regular season, and 26-17 during the 2005 regular season. The Colts won 23-20 during the 2008 regular season.

Later during the call, Acee chided Manning a bit.

“So, when you were throwing a ball at those kids on Saturday Night Live that really wasn’t acting based on how you tore apart my question,” Acee said.

Said Manning: “I guess . . . it was inaccurate. I don’t know how else to tell you.”

But it wasn’t inaccurate. Acee was right; the Chargers have beaten the Colts four out of five times. Manning could have said something like, “We haven’t played them since 2008 and past records don’t matter. We’ve had a lot of coaching and personnel changes since the last time we played the Chargers, and so have they. So even though we’re both wearing the same uniforms, those past games don’t matter.” Manning opted instead to insist that Acee’s facts were wrong, even though they were right.

It was a rare misstep for the image-obsessed Manning, who always seems to say and do all the right things whenever cameras and microphones are on. Maybe it’s simply a sign of the struggles he’s experiencing as one of the only links to that team that beat the Chargers in 2004.
                  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-chargers/

that was before the game, maybe kevin acee should get the game ball.
                  sigpic

Comment

If not for our horrific ST's this AFCW race would be pretty much over.

Comment

Originally posted by SDERA View Post
                      If not for our horrific ST's this AFCW race would be pretty much over.
                      For the Chargers, it's not about the AFC West.

They will win the Division for the 5th consecutive time this season...the question is, can they do anything else when it counts.

Just hope you don't run into the Jets, because you can't seem to beat them on the playoffs...

Comment

I would love to see our playoff path go straight through the Jets. We could have and should have beaten them last year except for stupid plays and immaturity. Our D held their run except for the one break away that was the difference in the game. Any one of a dozen things being different, all in our own control and we walk away with the win.

Comment

Working...
                        X