Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if ron rivera gets a hc job

i hope its not to a division rival
    sigpic Crushing internet tuffguys one at a time!!!

Originally Posted by BroncoLefty
    Look Steeler fans....we know. We all know about the rings. We know about the past, ok? All you guys seem to want to do is talk about the past, I dont get it. The Patriots share this problem with you as well. Nobody cares-stop living in the past.<---- typical bronco forum hypocrite.

i'd lovew to hire rivera as a our HC he would be a good pick up with how he has the chargers d and antonio garay playing
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

the good thing about rivera is now he's gotten experience running a 3-4 after years of running a 4-3

so that says versatile

although he's known for teaching the strip technique , our guys don't seem to really take as well to it as the bears D did with rivera.

anyway, it's impressive what he's done with the D, i didn't think he was the answer when the D look like twiced baked crap several times in recent years, and even vs the raiders in oakland earlier this year (weaker against the run than the pass) but maybe that was a merriman residue wearing off effect.

in this div, i'd say the likely spots for rivera to land would be denver, i don't see norv going anywhere in 2011 after winning the afc west in at least 07 08 and 09, the team will give him the benefit of the doubt in regards to injuries and special teams zaniness, and won't be willing to just throw away his offensive genius quite yet.

as for other landing spots for rivera....tough call, i'm sure there's several, maybe if lovie crashes and burns with cutler over the next tough 5 game stretch, him and the GM will be axed and rivera would be the PERFECT fit to retrn to the bears.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
        the good thing about rivera is now he's gotten experience running a 3-4 after years of running a 4-3

so that says versatile

although he's known for teaching the strip technique , our guys don't seem to really take as well to it as the bears D did with rivera.

anyway, it's impressive what he's done with the D, i didn't think he was the answer when the D look like twiced baked crap several times in recent years, and even vs the raiders in oakland earlier this year (weaker against the run than the pass) but maybe that was a merriman residue wearing off effect.

in this div, i'd say the likely spots for rivera to land would be denver, i don't see norv going anywhere in 2011 after winning the afc west in at least 07 08 and 09, the team will give him the benefit of the doubt in regards to injuries and special teams zaniness, and won't be willing to just throw away his offensive genius quite yet.

as for other landing spots for rivera....tough call, i'm sure there's several, maybe if lovie crashes and burns with cutler over the next tough 5 game stretch, him and the GM will be axed and rivera would be the PERFECT fit to retrn to the bears.

i agree with the merriman residue

the team really needed to get out of his shadow

same as the situation with tomlinson regardless of whether he still had "IT" or not he clearly wasnt happy in sd anymore with rivers becoming the new face of the franchise and they had to get out from under his shadow too

although i still wish they wouldnt have traded up to get ryan mathews he hasnt done anything that shawnbrey mcneal or curtis brinkley coudnt do but maybe next year he can stay healthy and stop fumbling
        the team has produced rushing yards without him so far
        could have gotten 2 players instead

although judging from the past several first round reaches in sd maybe they didnt lose out too bad
        Last edited by dayvboy; 12-02-2010, 12:47 AM.
        sigpic Crushing internet tuffguys one at a time!!!

Originally Posted by BroncoLefty
        Look Steeler fans....we know. We all know about the rings. We know about the past, ok? All you guys seem to want to do is talk about the past, I dont get it. The Patriots share this problem with you as well. Nobody cares-stop living in the past.<---- typical bronco forum hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by dayvboy View Post
          i agree with the merriman residue

the team really needed to get out of his shadow

same as the situation with tomlinson regardless of whether he still had "IT" or not he clearly wasnt happy in sd anymore with rivers becoming the new face of the franchise and they had to get out from under his shadow too

although i still wish they wouldnt have traded up to get ryan mathews he hasnt done anything that shawnbrey mcneal or curtis brinkley coudnt do but maybe next year he can stay healthy and stop fumbling
          the team has produced rushing yards without him so far
          could have gotten 2 players instead

although judging from the past several first round reaches in sd maybe they didnt lose out too bad
          i'm concerned about mathews' health more than his fumbling

rookie rbs fumble, LT fumbled 8 times his rookie season and lost 5 of them

it just happens to alot of rookie rbs

but that health thing.....always a concern
          sigpic

Comment

he is actually more likely to end up in Oakland IMO.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              he is actually more likely to end up in Oakland IMO.
              I doubt he will end up in Oakland. When was the last time Ol' Al hire defense background as a HC?

Comment

i'm concerned about mathews' health more than his fumbling

rookie rbs fumble, LT fumbled 8 times his rookie season and lost 5 of them

it just happens to alot of rookie rbs

but that health thing.....always a concern
                Maybe I'm seeing things but don't you think Matthews arms look a little on the "elfish" size? This could be why he fumbles so much. I hope they can fix it, maybe have him dangle from a bridge or something before game day?

Quote of the year:

Comment

Originally posted by Denver_Bolts View Post
                  I doubt he will end up in Oakland. When was the last time Ol' Al hire defense background as a HC?
                  when is the last time Denver hired a defensive minded coach? wade Philips is the only one i can think of in the last 30 years or so.

i think it is more likely that Oakland would get Rivera next year just for the simple fact that i think it is more likely Oakland will make a change at head coach.

even though i think Denver might make a change too.

speaking of wade, if i was Denver i would be trying to bring him in as my DC ASAP.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
                    Maybe I'm seeing things but don't you think Matthews arms look a little on the "elfish" size? This could be why he fumbles so much. I hope they can fix it, maybe have him dangle from a bridge or something before game day?
                    Have you seen how buff Ryan is? They guy is built! (I'm a girl I notice these things, LOL!)

There isn't anything "elfish" on the man.

Comment

Originally posted by girlzarefanstoo View Post
                      Have you seen how buff Ryan is? They guy is built! (I'm a girl I notice these things, LOL!)

There isn't anything "elfish" on the man.
                      Nothing at all??? Are you sure? Have you seen his ears?

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        when is the last time Denver hired a defensive speaking of wade, if i was Denver i would be trying to bring him in as my DC ASAP.
                        Hush...
                        ...or somebody in the Broncos front office might hear you.

Comment

so that says versatile

Honestly thats why I want him he probably wouldnt change our scheme which is a hybrid but the players need to be revamped and I think Martindale isnt horrible and its hard to judge a man who has had so many injuries on his watch but he needs help with play calling.

Honestly, when McD placed Martindale iincharge because he wanted a more aggressive D I thought we were getting something similar to SD but losing 2 OLB's (not to mention the D-line and secondary getting hurt) at the beginning of the season has an adverse effect on the pressure you can place on a team.
                          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

I would definitely be open to giving the Denver job to Rivera... he really couldn't do much worse than McD.
                            Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                              I would definitely be open to giving the Denver job to Rivera... he really couldn't do much worse than McD.
                              Honestly I think it was less his fault then Bowlens for hiring him. We should have hired a Defensive coach in the first place. That was where are weakness was and thats what needed to be fixed. You bring in an offensive coach to vamp the offense and visa versa. McD was doomed from the beginning because he was inexperience and given to much power and then given distractions for doing what he was hired to do fix the team he knew how. Bowlen should have hired someone like Rivera in the first place.

Even a less experienced and equally young Raheem Morris was better for us. Bowlen doesnt know enough about running a business or football team to be making decisions. He gives his heads to much power when its been proven in both worlds that the best way to run something is to limit centralize power. He also doesnt seem to realize that when you are good at one thing but bad at another you dont bring someone in who is good at fixing things your good at. If McD went to Oakland or Cleveland who were having offensive trouble he would have done well too revamp it.

Ill admit getting rid of Nolan was probably his down fall but he didnt do a bad job with our offense, to bad that wasnt an issue to begin with.
                              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                              X