Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

with the third pick in the 2011 NFL draft........

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • with the third pick in the 2011 NFL draft........

    the Denver broncos select........Cameron Newton, QB Auburn

    lol seriously though, imagine the possibilities of having cam newton and tim tebow on your team.

    i could then see the possibility of running a hybrid style running/throwing spread offense with the wildcat mixed in there.

    that way you could risk running the ball with your QB because you would have two very capable, very explosive QB's to run the offense with a QB by committee approach.

    the only issue would be id finding a way to get both guys on the field at once. the wildcat would be perfect for that and you could also design "zone read" type plays where you have tebow in shotgun with cam newton next to him or split out wide. lol

    tebow could either take off, give it to newton/moreno, or after he runs a little bit lateral it back to newton where he could either take off or throw it 60 yards down field lol

    even as a rival fan, i would love to see something like that in the NFL, if it was to be successful.

    what do you say donk fans? you already made the move for tebow, you might as well go all in and get newton.

    too bad it would never happen.....

    this is for you kishzilla

  • #2
    No thanks. D line more important at this point.

    Comment


    • #3
      I made something like this a few months back just to be funny. It would be a good pick if Newton was able to play defense.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd be cool with Cam Newton actually but I'd rather select a Dez Bryant or a Brandon Lloyd/Marshal type player. Hopefully after A.J. Smith gets fired this season for getting choked out in the playoffs and going 1 and done we'll trick you guys into trading for Orton. Maybe we can get Vincent Jackson for Tebow. Hey he actually lives in Colorado who knows eh?

        :orton:----------------> San Diego=AFCW Title for Broncos.
        sigpic

        "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
          I made something like this a few months back just to be funny. It would be a good pick if Newton was able to play defense.
          i was being(trying) funny too lol

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            i was being(trying) funny too lol
            No you're not! We should defintley draft Newton! Imagine your DOLTfense trying to stop Tebow and Newton at the same time. It would be impossible..

            Comment


            • #7
              ...and Pryor the following year...there is a wishbone O for ya!

              R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

              Comment


              • #8
                No.. then we draft Collin Kaepernick in the next round... our offense would be unstoppable.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nick Fairley

                  /thread

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                    No you're not! We should defintley draft Newton! Imagine your DOLTfense trying to stop Tebow and Newton at the same time. It would be impossible..
                    My Bolts have basically shut down anything and everything the Denver Broncos have thrown at us for 5 straight years now. Tebow and Newton wont change anything.

                    Quote of the year:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
                      My Bolts have basically shut down anything and everything the Denver Broncos have thrown at us for 5 straight years now. Tebow and Newton wont change anything.
                      We need to follow the Raiders model and get bigger and more physical.

                      The Raiders basically beat you up, and solved that consecutive winning streak you once had over them with a sweep against your boys.

                      The Chargers have had the perfect antidote for the Broncos, philosphy-wise, in beating the Broncos over the last several seasons...power football.

                      Just like the Ravens, Jaguars, etc...we have always had problems with those types of teams, and the Chargers adopted that style when Marty came to town, and it has worked beautifully.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
                        My Bolts have basically shut down anything and everything the Denver Broncos have thrown at us for 5 straight years now. Tebow and Newton wont change anything.
                        Your argument......





                        Just got snaked.
                        sigpic

                        "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          the Denver broncos select........Cameron Newton, QB Auburn

                          lol seriously though, imagine the possibilities of having cam newton and tim tebow on your team.

                          i could then see the possibility of running a hybrid style running/throwing spread offense with the wildcat mixed in there.

                          that way you could risk running the ball with your QB because you would have two very capable, very explosive QB's to run the offense with a QB by committee approach.

                          the only issue would be id finding a way to get both guys on the field at once. the wildcat would be perfect for that and you could also design "zone read" type plays where you have tebow in shotgun with cam newton next to him or split out wide. lol

                          tebow could either take off, give it to newton/moreno, or after he runs a little bit lateral it back to newton where he could either take off or throw it 60 yards down field lol

                          even as a rival fan, i would love to see something like that in the NFL, if it was to be successful.

                          what do you say donk fans? you already made the move for tebow, you might as well go all in and get newton.

                          too bad it would never happen.....

                          this is for you kishzilla
                          Dude, when I said this...

                          Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                          I don't see anything wrong with picking up another QB of that ilk and running a QB by committee. Seems to me that if the NFL is just going to piss away talent that is that prolific, just because nobody has that style of offense at that level, there should be plenty available and at a discount. That is unless it becomes successful.
                          That was exactly who I was thinking about. I was like "If the NFL is just gunna toss these guys to the side because of how they play, someone should take advantage of it."

                          I know it was kind of tongue in cheek, but come on man, somewhere deep down in that cold dark Charger fan heart, you have to admit, that would be a spectacle the likes of which the NFL has never seen. It would wreak absolute HAVOC with Defensive Coordinators, and would cause such huge mismatches. I would be excited to see something like that attempted full bore here in Denver. You'd have to commit fully for it to work though, and you'd have to hire people with the balls to try it.

                          What better way to reinvent yourself after a huge downfall in the history of the team, and get out of the shadow of Elway and the late 90's. I'd rather try something like that and eventually fail, than forever try to get something back that is just never going to happen.
                          Last edited by kishzilla; 12-14-2010, 09:33 PM.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            lol i told my friend the same thing today... what if we draft newton, and we create some sort of quadruple option OR QUINTUPLE OPTION!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                              lol i told my friend the same thing today... what if we draft newton, and we create some sort of quadruple option OR QUINTUPLE OPTION!!!!
                              Gruden has been spending a lot of time studying the Option and the Spread since he left TB. It's one of the reasons he likes Tebow so much. Just sayin'

                              Some say it was because he wanted to find a job as a College level coach. I think it's because he wants to go for it at the pro level.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X