Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, What Does 20 Wins In December Get You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, What Does 20 Wins In December Get You?

Well, if you are the Chargers, apparently nothing.

For the second time in two seasons, a team with among the best talent in football, and the best QB in the history of the game will finish 8-8 as they did in 2008, or 9-7 at best this season.

Yipeee...

Oh, but losing all the players and talent they have over the last several seasons doesn't matter, does it?

The great AJ Smith will draft more talent to replace that which leaves...

Or maybe not.

The Chargers are one sorry franchise.

They couldn't even win when their team was stacked.

you don't get to talk smack, you said they would win the Superbowl and you were wrong again! lol

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      you don't get to talk smack, you said they would win the Superbowl and you were wrong again! lol
      Your right!

Even I underestimated the level to which your team will underachieve!

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
        Well, if you are the Chargers, apparently nothing.

For the second time in two seasons, a team with among the best talent in football, and the best QB in the history of the game will finish 8-8 as they did in 2008, or 9-7 at best this season.
        We won't be 8-8 unless we lose to you next weekend, and we probably won't.

Yipeee...

Oh, but losing all the players and talent they have over the last several seasons doesn't matter, does it?
        The Chargers haven't lost any player recently that they have not replaced effectively. Jamal Williams hasn't done much for you, and Antonio Garay has more than replaced him over the past 2 seasons. LT was spent here, and has faded with the Jets of late while Mike Tolbert has been a stud, having already rushed for 5 more yards (735) & 1 fewer touchdown this season than LT did last year, and that is without the added production of Ryan Mathews (558 rushing yards, 4 TDs).

The great AJ Smith will draft more talent to replace that which leaves...
        That's for sure, every season we experience devasting injuries to key players, but continue to win games due to our depth.

Or maybe not.

The Chargers are one sorry franchise.
        Yet we not only manage to beat you every season, but to blow you out...

They couldn't even win when their team was stacked.
        I would not classify winning the divisional title 4 season in a row & 5 times in 6 seasons (along with 3 postseason victories in that time span) as "not being able to win"...
        “I’m your huckleberry!”

Comment

I have a feeling it might net them a new coach? They could promote Rivera to HC and boot Turner? Best case for them. Best case for us = keep Turner and lose Rivera
          sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
          Sig by: MHS

Comment

So, the Chargers suck? I think I already knew that.

I actually thought they'd pull it off this year.

Well at least the ol' Charger motto is still in effect "there's always next year".

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
              So, the Chargers suck? I think I already knew that.

I actually thought they'd pull it off this year.

Well at least the ol' Charger motto is still in effect "there's always next year".
              Don't forget the Padres lol. Check it, I found a whole dedicated page to their awfulness http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_sports_curse
              sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
              Sig by: MHS

Comment

You can hear it in the background softly.
                sigpic

Comment

The city that couldnt hold onto the Clippers. Do there fans not go because there teams dont win big or do they not win because the fans dont go. Isnt the only reason why there are better things to really do in SD is because there teams just dont win.

I know we stunk but hey we did just as well as everyone expected most experts didnt have us winning over 4-12 and as a fan well your supposed to believe till you cant believe anymore. In the end I didnt get my hopes up for a great big fall. All we heard in November was o here it is now the chargers will do there thing and make the playoffs. We heard that when you lost McNeill and when you lost VJ it didnt matter from both the fans and the experts, that was until they realized it actually did.

In the end VJ and McNeill should have been given long term contracts at the beginning of the season and it was AJ Smith that ruined your shot at the playoffs. Still its fitting because after being destroyed by Cincy you cant honestly say you belong in the playoffs.

A few charger fans told me last year on this forum (and I still to this day disagree), the only difference between the teams that barely miss the playoffs and the teams that have been out for a long time is that the worse team at least gets a better pick. Now I may not agree with this but all I can say is welcome to the window chargers fans weve been keeping your seat warm.
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal Dominance View Post
                    We won't be 8-8 unless we lose to you next weekend, and we probably won't.

The Chargers haven't lost any player recently that they have not replaced effectively. Jamal Williams hasn't done much for you, and Antonio Garay has more than replaced him over the past 2 seasons. LT was spent here, and has faded with the Jets of late while Mike Tolbert has been a stud, having already rushed for 5 more yards (735) & 1 fewer touchdown this season than LT did last year, and that is without the added production of Ryan Mathews (558 rushing yards, 4 TDs).

That's for sure, every season we experience devasting injuries to key players, but continue to win games due to our depth.

Yet we not only manage to beat you every season, but to blow you out...

I would not classify winning the divisional title 4 season in a row & 5 times in 6 seasons (along with 3 postseason victories in that time span) as "not being able to win"...

Who is Jerome Simpson?

No TO, No OchoCinco, No Problem!

Comment

Working...
                    X