Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tebow is not a bust like some of you have insisted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tebow is not a bust like some of you have insisted...

In his second game, not only does Tebow win, but comes from behind in dramatic fashion.

A better game by far than most busts ever have in a career. And he should improve over time dramatically.

So, while it's possible that he will someday be considered a bust, it's now unlikely.

Instead, lets consider that other side of the coin for once.
    What if by chance, he is major HOF material?
    What if, he is even better than Elway? (Very unlikely, but possible)

If he does turn out to be that good, the horror for the rest of the division. Too painful to contemplate for some of you, no?

Still to soon to tell but I know there were quite a few SD fans had sig bets going Tebow wouldnt win a single game this year.
    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by gorky View Post
      In his second game, not only does Tebow win, but comes from behind in dramatic fashion.

A better game by far than most busts ever have in a career. And he should improve over time dramatically.

So, while it's possible that he will someday be considered a bust, it's now unlikely.

Instead, lets consider that other side of the coin for once.
      What if by chance, he is major HOF material?
      What if, he is even better than Elway? (Very unlikely, but possible)

If he does turn out to be that good, the horror for the rest of the division. Too painful to contemplate for some of you, no?
      What happens once he gets blown up on a blidside hit by a 260 lb. LB that he doesnt see???

Lets not get too ahead of ourselves he's played 2 games & his 1st victory came against one of the worse defenses in the league at home.

Comment

If he doesn't have run support aside from himself, he'll struggle like 98% of the QBs do. The defense has to be fixed too, otherwise he won't see the field enough to impact in certain games. And most teams take advantage of the Texans horrid secondary, I think Oakland was the only one that didn't. We have to wait to see what Denver does as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
          If he doesn't have run support aside from himself, he'll struggle like 98% of the QBs do. The defense has to be fixed too, otherwise he won't see the field enough to impact in certain games. And most teams take advantage of the Texans horrid secondary, I think Oakland was the only one that didn't. We have to wait to see what Denver does as a whole.
          Honestly all that goes without saying, but you forgot the play calling the Broncos kept running the same screen play over and over till it became apparent it wouldnt work again. Luckily they mixed it up in the 2nd, because a team cant thrive if the play calling is predictable.

Despite the fact it was the Texans he did better then most people anticipated, he shows promise and an ability to win. Still, no matter how good a QB is they cant survive without good blocking, but that has more to with the scheme then the actual line or at least thats the way it seems.

Since our D is considered worse then the Texans by some accounts. I would prefer to think of it as he won a came from behind victory in a shoot out against one of the best QB's in the game.
          Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 12-27-2010, 01:04 AM.
          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
            What happens once he gets blown up on a blidside hit by a 260 lb. LB that he doesnt see???

Lets not get too ahead of ourselves he's played 2 games & his 1st victory came against one of the worse defenses in the league at home.
            Ummm, he falls down and gets back up? Not quite sure what you are trying to imply here.
            sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Kind of funny how Rivers is a god for doing well against the Texans with no-name WR's. But yet when Tebow has a good game in his 2nd career start, they have a crappy secondary, go figure.

Give Tebow some props and move on. He's not a bust, he's not Elway, but he's showed some potential in his first 2 starts, and we're happy that going forward.

Comment

Err.. I don't think he showed much of anything in his first start.

He didn't look spectacular in his second, either. Lots of screens (which is exactly what many of you complained about in regards to Orton by the way). Some wildly inaccurate balls, he practically ssent Gaffney down The Green Mile and it could have been a pick 6 or a fumble 6... and so on.

But, for whatever reason, he led a comeback and won the game. To me, that says a lot.

Of course, it said a lot to me when Orton did it to the Bengals (Orton's first ever game as a Bronco), the Patriots, the Giants, the Cowboys, and the Titans too - all of whom were playoff teams at the time.

He's got something going on there, for sure. It's a tad early to read much into anything at this point though. I did like the win and the spunk. I didn't see much in the way of passing that truly made my jaw drop, however.

:shrug:

It's way too early to say he's going to be good, it's also way too early to say he's a bust. We'll have to watch and see.

Comment

Orton

He'll be doing what he does best for some other NFL franchise next season.: Strengthening their desire to find a true franchise QB. He's accomplished that little feat just fine for the Denver Broncos the last couple of seasons. Good riddance Orton. You've been boring, inept, and downright awful at times but we appreciate your effort. Actually we don't, at least not those of us who paid enough attention.

Comment

It always comes back to Orton, doesn't it? :doh:

On the subject of Tebow, he wasn't great in his first start but he led a 4th quarter comeback in his second.

One meh game and one decent game against a terrible defense does not a superstar make. Having one good game doesn't disqualify you from being a bust. Russell and Leaf had some good games too.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

This is just laughable. Do you realize how big Tebow is? People say, "Oh, he's going to get killed." The dude is 245 pounds and built like a fullback! He's not like little Doug Flutie running a draw play up the middle with Ray Lewis waiting for him.

The ignorance on these boards is baffling.
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Haha Orton leading a comeback against Bengals, puh leeze, that was the luckiest miracle of the decade lmfao. The Texans may have one of the worst secondarys ever but they also were slicing through our O line all day like they were butter. Orton would've been creamed in that game over and over again. Was Tebow lights out, no. He did however show extreme poise under pressure and continued to find a way to get us down the field. Sorry we have seen what Orton does under pressure(crumbles like a cupcake) and we now know that Tebow can withstand the pressure. If that doesn't get you excited about the future, I don't know what will.
                        sigpicAn intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend any amount of time with a Cowboys fan. ~ John Riggins

Comment

Just have to wait and see.

The win doesn't mean suddenly Tebows problems are all fixed.

He's still a project, at least we can all agree on that.

All we know right now is he's got a long way to go before anyone can crown his has as elite or otherwise.

Quote of the year:

Comment

I'm waiting to see what Tebow does against the Chargers defense.

If he does something I'm sure Bronco's fans will say he's better than Rivers and deserves to go to the pro bowl.

Quote of the year:

Comment

Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
                              I'm waiting to see what Tebow does against the Chargers defense.

If he does something I'm sure Bronco's fans will say he's better than Rivers and deserves to go to the pro bowl.
                              Me too, but regardless, he's showed solid potential in 2 games when many people said he can't be a QB, and is a 2-3 year project.

Yeah, i'm sure we'll say that. Everyone on here knows Rivers is better then Tebow, and a top 5 QB in the NFL. Talking out of your a** again huh Boltman.

Comment

Working...
                              X