The Trend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
    Actually, I take comfort in the fact that this is right around the WORST I've ever seen my team. I witnessed the 1990 season (which was actually a worse team than what we see now) and the 1999 season.

I also take comfort that even when things are bad, I can go back into the memory bank and pull out the feeling of winning not just one, but two Super Bowls, and back to back no less.

So no matter how bad the team is right now, I know it'll only get better because the Broncos are a franchise that doesn't stay down long.
    You take comfort that your team has gone in the utter tank in recent years??? The fact that your defense holds up about as well as a wet paper towel???

I'd be damm pissed if I was the fan of such a storied franchise & saw the way recent ownership has turned it into one of the bottom 5 teams in the league But hey keep on watching those 97-98 DVD's, I'm sure they will get alot of use for the next few seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
      You take comfort that your team has gone in the utter tank in recent years??? The fact that your defense holds up about as well as a wet paper towel???

I'd be damm pissed if I was the fan of such a storied franchise & saw the way recent ownership has turned it into one of the bottom 5 teams in the league But hey keep on watching those 97-98 DVD's, I'm sure they will get alot of use for the next few seasons.
      Will you be watching the dvds of your AFC West Championships with Bruce Springsteen singing Glory Days in the background?
      My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

You didn't read that properly.

I take comfort in the fact that a 4/5 win season is the WORST I've had to witness my team. Add to the fact that it's only one season instead of years and years of 10+ loss seasons. This is only the 3rd time since I've been BORN that the Broncos have lost 10 or more games in a season.

I know that it's not a trend, it's the anomaly. The Broncos are a franchise that doesn't stay down like that for long, or even two consecutive seasons.

I'd also like to add to the fact that I watch ALL my Broncos DVD's & videos equally. From 1992-2005, they all get evenly watched, because I love the Broncos no matter what their record is.

Comment

What trend is more disappointing???

The trend where "one of the most talented teams in the league whose second teamers are starters anywhere else in the weakest division in football for years running can't make the playoffs is the worst trend. "

All that talent and NO RESULTS. Priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
            The trend where "one of the most talented teams in the league whose second teamers are starters anywhere else in the weakest division in football for years running can't make the playoffs is the worst trend. "

All that talent and NO RESULTS. Priceless.
            Yes its true they have underachieved but I'd rather have a team that has the talent to succeed given the proper direction then a team that is old on defense & lacking talent all across the roster.

Comment

The Broncos have never had a 1 win season.

How about the Chargers?
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

How about this trend?

From 1996 to 2004, the Chargers never had a winning season.

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Broncos

2006: No Playoffs
                  2007: No Playoffs
                  2008: No Playoffs (fire head coach)
                  2009: No Playoffs
                  2010: No Playoffs (fire head coach, worst record in non strike season in over 35 years)

What trend is more disappointing???
                  1987-1991 no Playoffs
                  1995-2003 no Playoffs
                  2010-2017 most likely no playoffs

2000 worst team in the NFL after being 8-8 going 1-15

2003 worst team in the NFL after being 8-8 going 4-12

2011 worst team in the NFL after being 8-8 (LOL)

Kevin Gilbride 1997-1998
                  June Jones 1998 interim
                  Mike Riley 1999-2001
                  Marty Schottenheimer 2002-2006
                  Norv Turner 2007-2011
                  Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 12-29-2010, 01:21 PM.
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                  X