There is a reason..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a reason..

why Philip Rivers always gets overlooked in the MVP talks, he puts up numbers, he looks good at times, but he will NEVER, EVER, be in Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Drew Brees' class cause he can never win the big game. His team controlled thier own destiny and couldn't beat, or even keep it close, against one of the worse teams in the NFL that was missing thier top 2 WR's.

River's has choked all year, and before anyone gets in here and says "but, but, he hasn't had his #1 reciever all year, his star TE has been dinged up all year" look at the team Tom Brady has around him, a group of virtual nobodies, and he gets it done, heck even Jay Cutler is doing more with less in Chicago.

So instead of putting him in the class with these guys, he belongs in the Matt Schaub, Carson Palmer, Donavan McNabb, and Matt Hasselbeck class.

Charger fans, you guys had a franchise QB in Drew Brees, and you cut him loose for this overrated butthead, nice work A.J. :thumb:

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    why Philip Rivers always gets overlooked in the MVP talks, he puts up numbers, he looks good at times, but he will NEVER, EVER, be in Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Drew Brees' class cause he can never win the big game. His team controlled thier own destiny and couldn't beat, or even keep it close, against one of the worse teams in the NFL that was missing thier top 2 WR's.

River's has choked all year, and before anyone gets in here and says "but, but, he hasn't had his #1 reciever all year, his star TE has been dinged up all year" look at the team Tom Brady has around him, a group of virtual nobodies, and he gets it done, heck even Jay Cutler is doing more with less in Chicago.

So instead of putting him in the class with these guys, he belongs in the Matt Schaub, Carson Palmer, Donavan McNabb, and Matt Hasselbeck class.

Charger fans, you guys had a franchise QB in Drew Brees, and you cut him loose for this overrated butthead, nice work A.J. :thumb:
    Seriously, I am so over people putting him in the same boat as the elite. Most overrated QB in the league in my honest opinion. Plus he has one of those faces you just want to punch holes into.

Comment

1st of all his team didnt control their own destiny so you lose some credibility right there.

2nd: How many years of Elway choking in the big game before he finally won it all? I'm just curious. How many years of Manning choking in the playoffs before he got his ring?

3rd: Your team passed on Drew Brees to stick with Jake Plummer!!!! How did that work out for you???

I among most Chargers fans wouldnt put Rivers at the same level a Brady, Manning or Brees yet but he's also played in the league a shorter amount of time so the book is far from closed on him. He does have one of the best records as a Starter in his 1st 50 games & the best QB rating all time for a QB with a minimum of 50 starts.

Its not just Charger fans putting him up at the level of the elite QB's but quite a few analysts on ESPN, NFL.com etc. etc.

Yes he still needs to perform better in the post season but to close the book on him as of right now is a little silly.

Comment

Originally posted by fairweatherh8r View Post
        Seriously, I am so over people putting him in the same boat as the elite. Most overrated QB in the league in my honest opinion. Plus he has one of those faces you just want to punch holes into.
        Really? I mean really??? Looks like someone needs a hug after a long, embarresing season.

I can understand not liking an opposing teams player but I dont think i've ever wanted to just punch someone in the face cause he was on another team.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
          Really? I mean really??? Looks like someone needs a hug after a long, embarresing season.

I can understand not liking an opposing teams player but I dont think i've ever wanted to just punch someone in the face cause he was on another team.
          I dont care if he played point guard for the harlem globetrotters, he just has a face you want to punch. A hug? You are definitely from San Diego haha, go watch Dr. Phil, play some sodoku, and worry about someone elses feelings.

Comment

Rivers isnt Elite, he is a good QB but not Elite, but you dont need to be Elite to win the Super Bowl, but a good running game would go along way in the playoffs, something Norv Turner doesent belive in, Norv has never won anything as a Head Coach and i dont think he ever will, Marty should have been given more time, at least 2 more years with Rivers as his QB, if this would have happened i think the Chargers and Marty would have finally gotten their first World Championship.....of course im very happy they didnt.
            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

1st of all his team didnt control their own destiny so you lose some credibility right there.

2nd: How many years of Elway choking in the big game before he finally won it all? I'm just curious. How many years of Manning choking in the playoffs before he got his ring?

3rd: Your team passed on Drew Brees to stick with Jake Plummer!!!! How did that work out for you???

I among most Chargers fans wouldnt put Rivers at the same level a Brady, Manning or Brees yet but he's also played in the league a shorter amount of time so the book is far from closed on him. He does have one of the best records as a Starter in his 1st 50 games & the best QB rating all time for a QB with a minimum of 50 starts.

Its not just Charger fans putting him up at the level of the elite QB's but quite a few analysts on ESPN, NFL.com etc. etc.

Yes he still needs to perform better in the post season but to close the book on him as of right now is a little silly.
              You have to get to the big game to lose it and Elway didn't play defense...lol Elway and Rivers comparison...hahah please only a Chargers fan. Maybe Rivers and Foutts Maybe! Rivers is good but not Elite
              http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...-hes-not-elite
              Last edited by Beagle; 12-28-2010, 03:00 PM.
              Originally posted by baphamet
              are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                You have to get to the big game to lose it and Elway didn't play defense...lol Elway and Rivers comparison...hahah please only a Chargers fan. Maybe Rivers and Foutts Maybe! Rivers is good but not Elite
                http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...-hes-not-elite
                Just curious....How many rings did Elway have before he turned 30???

Didnt you guys say many times before that it doesnt matter where you finish unless you get the ring???

Comment

You don't really want to go there...do you

First of all, at this point in Rivers career, Elway had already willed his team to Super Bowls.

Second, Rivers inherited a team as good as if not better than Elway's super bowl teams and he couldn't even beat the Jets at home! ROFLMAO. This, after most dolt fans swore the NE loss was a fluke and given the same opportunity they would handle their business. ROFLMAO. The jets who backed their way into the playoffs. A glitz and glamour QB. A first year HC.

Rivers is this generation's Dan Marino! Enjoy it, we will

Comment

Just curious....How many rings did Elway have before he turned 30???

Didnt you guys say many times before that it doesnt matter where you finish unless you get the ring???
                    Give Elway L.T., VJAX, Gates, and a good defense and he has 5 rings. Rivers has had one of the most talented teams in the NFL his entire career and he couldn't even get to the dance, please don't embarrass yourself by putting his name in the same sentence as Elways again, save face bro!

Comment

Give Elway L.T., VJAX, Gates, and a good defense and he has 5 rings. Rivers has had one of the most talented teams in the NFL his entire career and he couldn't even get to the dance, please don't embarrass yourself by putting his name in the same sentence as Elways again, save face bro!
                      Just making the point that how can you call a QB a failure when he has only been a starter for 5 yeas when it took Elway over a decade to win a championship.

Comment

He is one of the best regular season QB's in his day, some would like to compare him to Marino but he even went the SB in his 2nd year. He is a lot like Warren Moon he has a lot of talent not much support by the crowed and not the best coaching staff (norv is a great OC but not a great coach).

Heck he can even be compared to Dan Fouts who never once made it to the SB along with John Hadl but was considered a QB great of his time.
                        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

River's has choked all year
                          Sure KWHIT, whatever you say. The guy had only a couple bad games all year. There's a lot more choking going on in SD other than the QB position. You know that is the LEAST of our problems, especially against the Denver Broncos.

Sure KWHIT, Drew Brees won a SB and Rivers didn't. You honestly think this team would have won a SB with Brees your out of your mind. Also, what exactly did Brees do for the San Diego Chargers, especially against the Denver Broncos. The Broncos owned Brees so its no surprises why the Bronco fans want Brees back in San Diego.

Quote of the year:

Comment

Just making the point that how can you call a QB a failure when he has only been a starter for 5 yeas when it took Elway over a decade to win a championship.
                            Bronco fans are the only opposing fans that think the Chargers are supposed to make it to the Super Bowl ever year without fail and win it all with 4 rings by now and are 5th coming up. Bronco fans are just damn jealous as hell they haven't had a QB that has owned the Chargers since Plummer got benched. In fact, Bronco fans haven't had any QB do anything relevant at all for their team since Plummer. Bronco fans were never this obsessed over the Chargers losing games until Rivers became our starter and officially took over this division then they started caring A LOT. Now here comes Tebow with a 1-1 record and suddenly he's going to take over the AFCW by storm control. Can Bronco fans really be this delusional?

Bronco fans need a strong dose of reality and to get the minds off the San Diego Chargers and worry about their own issues, which are 10 times worst than the Chargers.

Quote of the year:

Comment

Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
                              Bronco fans are the only opposing fans that think the Chargers are supposed to make it to the Super Bowl ever year without fail and win it all with 4 rings by now and are 5th coming up. Bronco fans are just damn jealous as hell they haven't had a QB that has owned the Chargers since Plummer got benched. In fact, Bronco fans haven't had any QB do anything relevant at all for their team since Plummer. Bronco fans were never this obsessed over the Chargers losing games until Rivers became our starter and officially took over this division then they started caring A LOT. Now here comes Tebow with a 1-1 record and suddenly he's going to take over the AFCW by storm control. Can Bronco fans really be this delusional?

Bronco fans need a strong dose of reality and to get the minds off the San Diego Chargers and worry about their own issues, which are 10 times worst than the Chargers.
                              No, I believe you got this all wrong. Everyone in the media picks the Chargers to go every year, Charger fans hover on these very message boards talking about how the Chargers are the greatest thing since sliced bread and how they have the best QB in the NFL, yet, even with a team full of pro-bowlers he cannot even get them to the Super Bowl.

We are obsessed huh? The fact that you have over 1,000 posts on a Denver Broncos message board speaks volumes about your level of obsession for everything Denver Broncos, you cannot get enough, you just love to come in here and bash our fanbase, man the Dolts boards must really blow.

Us Broncos fans just respond to your lame posts about how great the Chargers are and how bad Denver sucks, the difference is, we are Broncos fans, we have a reason to be here, what is your reason other than your own obsession?

Comment

Working...
                              X