There is a reason..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
    Rivers may not have made it to a Super Bowl yet but I like our chances every year. Rivers has some great stats right now to back this hope up, one of the top NFL QB's in the league, top 5. So long as he keeps on this path its inevitable he's gonna get his shot. What do the Broncos have right now that they can say they have a viable shot at the Super Bowl? Nothing.
    I can literally post, count to 10, and count on you replying.

Charger fans are like a Chili fart that hovers, you shew it and shew it but it just lingers.

Actually, I'd say one of my chili farts have more knowledge in them than you, the fact that your team's history adds up to one of them just clarifies this! lol

Taste the air Boltman, that taste of hovering poo is, and always has been your future!

Comment

Quite amusing...

a team without a winning QB for years bashing a dang good one who has years left in him and just picked them apart today (again).

We'll get there, soon. We'll win it soon. Then the argument will be....?

I enjoy the heck out of my team. I love watching Rivers grow as a QB and could give a rip if anyone thinks he's "elite" or not. He is top 5 and getting better every year.

It was two seasons in one this year, a great team and a sucky team - they just happened to be one and the same. Here's to hoping they bury the sucky team and come out to be serious next season. A fan always has hope when they have a top tier QB

Comment

Originally posted by girlzarefanstoo View Post
        Quite amusing...

a team without a winning QB for years bashing a dang good one who has years left in him and just picked them apart today (again).

We'll get there, soon. We'll win it soon. Then the argument will be....?

I enjoy the heck out of my team. I love watching Rivers grow as a QB and could give a rip if anyone thinks he's "elite" or not. He is top 5 and getting better every year.

It was two seasons in one this year, a great team and a sucky team - they just happened to be one and the same. Here's to hoping they bury the sucky team and come out to be serious next season. A fan always has hope when they have a top tier QB
        Your right but few make it after 33 (something only really Elway and Craig Morton and Earl Morall have done) which means he has about 4 years left to go to the SB 5 times to prove that like Boltman says he is a better QB than Elway.

Noone denies he has the potential to be considered an all time great and he will more then likely be in the HOF but he has yet to show he is even on the level of SD's best QB's let alone Elway.
        Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-02-2011, 09:45 PM.
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by powderblues View Post
          Wow, what is this I'm reading?

First off, Rivers is elite. "Elite" doesn't mean you have a SB ring. It means you are a tier one player in your position. Please read the following facts and tell me if Rivers is not "elite" afterwards:
          - #1 QB Rating of all time
          - Only QB in NFL history to never have thrown more than 2 INTs in a game
          - Highest yards per attempt in 3 consecutive season (2008, 2009, 2010)

If you were to choose between the best 5 QB's in the NFL, could you honestly say Rivers wouldn't make your top 5?

Misconception about Chargers pro bowlers, it really bugs me when people say, "Rivers can't lead them to a SB with all those pro bowlers." Um, where are all these pro bowlers people think we have? Other than Gates and Jackson, what pro bowlers do we have for skill positions? LT is gone. On defense, where are these pro bowlers people speak of? Merriman is gone, Jamal Williams is gone. On special teams? Kassim Osgood is gone.

The only pro bowlers on the Chargers roster that actually deserve it: Rivers, Gates. That's it. I'm sorry everyone but the Chargers aren't some super talented team everyone makes them out to be. We could use more talent in a lot of areas.

My last point... Do you think Tom Brady would have 3 SB rings had he been under a Norv Turner team for his entire career? Do you think Rivers would have 0 SB rings had he been under a Bill Belichick team his entire career?

What do Elway and Brady (two hall of fame QB's) have in common? Future hall of fame head coaches. It's not just the QB who should get all the kudos, head coaches deserve some credit.

Rivers has done everything he can and more to help the Chargers win a ring. He's not the weakness on this team, I think you'd have to look at coaching to find that.
          "Only QB in the NFL to have never thrown 2 INT's. Wow way to give a false stat homeboy! Tim Tebow ring any bells? He's in the NFL right? He hasn't thrown more then 2! Hmm. Who else?

Charlie Whitehurst
          Bubby Brister.
          Jarious Jackson for crying out loud.

You Dolts fans lurk around our boards yet I tried to go over to your boards I was being completely nice actually complimenting the chargers so I could stay and they still kicked me off yet you guys come in and talk all this trash and we let you stay!

Rivers is NOT Elite. He IS very good. I don't even think Elite is only if you win a SB i think it's getting to an SB i hold Dan Marino to a high standard he never won a SB. I think Rivers could be better if your owner's were thinking clearly instead of being boozed up!

Your HC is Norv Turner and you guys have been mediocre for the last 3 years after you fired a coach who led you guys to 14-2... Your GM is isolating players IE Vincent Jackson. River's is not taking you guys anywhere but to your couches watching the superbowl. Boom!

AND when you argue that our QB's aren't doing much either. Remember

Orton- Was never OUR franchise QB
          Cutler didn't get a shot and will probably never win a SB.
          Plummer was only here for like 3 years before we booted him (dumb choice). and HE took us to an AFC championship game.
          Griese-Well....No excuses the guy tripped over his dog.....and couldn't play lol
          DENVER STAND UP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanAddict23 View Post
            "Only QB in the NFL to have never thrown 2 INT's. Wow way to give a false stat homeboy! Tim Tebow ring any bells? He's in the NFL right? He hasn't thrown more then 2! Hmm. Who else?

Charlie Whitehurst
            Bubby Brister.

You Dolts fans lurk around our boards yet I tried to go over to your boards I was being completely nice actually complimenting the chargers so I could stay and they still kicked me off yet you guys come in and talk all this trash and we let you stay!

Rivers is NOT Elite. He IS very good. I don't even think Elite is only if you win a SB i think it's getting to an SB i hold Dan Marino to a high standard he never won a SB. I think Rivers could be better if your owner's were thinking clearly instead of being boozed up!

Your HC is Norv Turner and you guys have been mediocre for the last 3 years after you fired a coach who led you guys to 14-2... Your GM is isolating players IE Vincent Jackson. River's is not taking you guys anywhere but to your couches watching the superbowl. Boom!

Plummer was only here for like 3 years before we booted him (dumb choice). and HE took us to an AFC championship game.
            Griese-Well....No excuses the guy tripped over his dog.....and couldn't play lol
            Um... first off I am not responsible for any Bronco fans getting banned on the Chargers board, I am not affiliated to that message board in anyway. This is the only NFL board I post on. I like it here, and I'm staying.

Second, that Rivers stat is based on QB's who have I believe a minimum of 2,000+ attempts or more in the NFL. Thats when they start to judge your stats with the "greats".

Also, Rivers is elite. If you took your Broncos hat and jersey off you would notice it. You don't have to have rings to be elite. Peyton Manning was elite before he won his ring after playing 8 seasons. Elite simply means playing at a high level, among the top players of your position. And If I were to list who I think are the "elite" QB's right now it would be:

Brady, P. Manning, Rivers, Rodgers

I would list Brees but he's having a lot of turnovers this year.

Lastly, I never took a shot at any Bronco QB's.
            Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanAddict23 View Post

Charlie Whitehurst
              Bubby Brister.
              lol did you seriously mention tebow who has only started 3 game.

that was a great example, way to show him! LMAO!!

you don't let me or any other chargers fan do anything, go cry at the CMB if you don't like the way they moderate their boards, why do you think we are here?

i don't think you have the slightest clue what being elite is. going by your flawed logic, i could name quite a few QB's who are elite because they have been to the SB.

i guess that makes rex grossmen elite ROFL!!

many many people disagree with you and your hatred for rivers, being elite means you are in the top at your position.

rivers may not have ever been to a SB but he is one of the best in the buisness at his position, he is an all pro QB that makes him elite.

just like peyton manning and drew brees were considered elite before they ever went to the SB as well.

manning was considered by most the best QB in the league for years before he won his.

take of the hater glasses, its clouding your judgment and making you look silly.

also, its Hilarius you talk smack on our owner for boozing it up yet yours is notorious for it LMAO!

dude, keep on posting because smacking you is kind of fun.

again straight up clueless. we have been mediocre the past 3 years? yes, because winning 13 games and getting a first round bye is mediocre yet winning 1 more game is just soo much better lol

but i thought he was elite? hes been to a Superbowl after all!

now that he isn't in Denver he actually does have a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by powderblues View Post
                Um... first off I am not responsible for any Bronco fans getting banned on the Chargers board, I am not affiliated to that message board in anyway. This is the only NFL board I post on. I like it here, and I'm staying.

Second, that Rivers stat is based on QB's who have I believe a minimum of 2,000+ attempts or more in the NFL. Thats when they start to judge your stats with the "greats".

Also, Rivers is elite. If you took your Broncos hat and jersey off you would notice it. You don't have to have rings to be elite. Peyton Manning was elite before he won his ring after playing 8 seasons. Elite simply means playing at a high level, among the top players of your position. And If I were to list who I think are the "elite" QB's right now it would be:

Brady, P. Manning, Rivers, Rodgers

I would list Brees but he's having a lot of turnovers this year.

Lastly, I never took a shot at any Bronco QB's.
                He is an elite regular season QB but has yet to truly prove himself in playoffs. Like Rodgers he needs to show up (or in other words not flake because a 46 passer rating with 2 INT's and not TD is pathetic) in a championship game to prove he belongs in the same sentence as the other 2.
                Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-08-2011, 08:50 AM.
                2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Philip Rivers is the greatest screen and dump off passer this league has ever seen. :paper:

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                    Philip Rivers is the greatest screen and dump off passer this league has ever seen. :paper:
                    and he leads the league in average yards per pass every year as well. since you want to bring up dump off passes, care to explain who he is dumping the ball off too?

sproles is his main "dump off" target and he only had 59 receptions for 520 yards. where did the other 289 receptions and 4,190 yards go to?

Mathews? he had 22 receptions for 145 yards

tolbert? 25 receptions for 216 yards

hester? 22 receptions for 145 yards

that's a grand total of 108 receptions for 1026 yards

which is exactly 30.25% of his completions that go to his check down receivers and 21.73% of the yards he threw went to his running backs as well.

so where is the other 70% of his passing game going to if all he does is throw screens and dump offs?

did you not see all the different wide receivers that rivers threw the ball to look like probowlers?

i think it was like 4 or 5 different wide receivers on the chargers that all had 100+ yard games this year.

yet rivers just dumps the ball off (according to lesser knowledgeable fans at least)

but please do keep believing that if it helps you cope with your embarrassment of a football team.

everyone deals with adversity different, however... i am glad i don't deal with it in a delusional manner such as yourself. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                      He is an elite regular season QB but has yet to truly prove himself in playoffs. Like Rodgers he needs to show up (or in other words not flake because a 46 passer rating with 2 INT's and not TD is pathetic) in a championship game to prove he belongs in the same sentence as the other 2.
                      that's a much more fair opinion but again, both brees and peyton manning were considered elite before they ever made the SB.

they also both were ringless and never sniffed a SB at the same stage rivers is at in his career.

up until less than a year ago, brees never accomplished any more than rivers has yet he has been in the league a lot longer.

but you do know he has shown up in the playoffs, right? he has won games in the playoffs....the only things he hasn't done is make a SB and win it.

you cant say that about Rodgers, he has never won a playoff game and rivers has won multiple playoff games.

Comment

Working...
                      X