Brandon Lloyd>Brandon Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I want to give Lloyd another year, i think he may be a system WR, but we'll see next year.

I was a big Marshall fan, but i understand the business part of things. Anyway, i think Thomas will be better then Marshall in 2 years.
    Whoa have you watched the Broncos at all this year? Lloyd makes a crazy catch every game. For our offense this season, he's basically been un-replaceable. That's the exact opposite of a system player.

And to those saying Lloyd is better than Marshall, it's hard to compare them because they are polar opposites as receivers. In fact, it would've been amazing to have them both this year. I think our next coach would be wise to use Demaryius Thomas as the "BMarsh" receiver next year, opposite from Lloyd. Gives him another year to get on the field and get some of the easier routes down but also gives him a chance to make plays.
    sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Bmarsh, Blloyd

Call me crazy but I would like us to trade LLoyd or let him go to free agency and get compensated. I want to see Decker and Thomas on the field.

I am looking at all the teams using young WR talent and it is working for them. BM is gone. BL is a journeyman having a grat year.

DT and Decker and Royal are my choices over both.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sadom422 View Post
        brandon marshall is to brandon lloyd what the NFL is to College Football

WAY BETTER!!!!!!!
        hmmmm most of the time college football is much more awesome to watch than NFL. the NFL is mostly too boring.

but as for the topic at hand: i'm just really glad that didn't come back to bite us. we aren't 4-11 because we lost Brandon Marshall.

our receiving corps as a whole has been outstanding this season and i'd take that over one player's production any day.

now it just has to translate and continue into next season.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I'm glad that we got what we got for him, but BMarsh is an awesome reciever with unique size and talent. The only issue against him is focus, which is probably Brandon Lloyds biggest attribute. The way he contorts to catch balls is unreal, and sometimes it seems like he's levitating for a second.

Now, put them both (individually) on the patriots. I take the Beast every time.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
            I'd still take Marshall over Lloyd. It's ok though... I understand the views on him. I just disagree.
            Actually, they're two different types of receivers. Marshall is a better YAC
            receiver than Lloyd (the latter who is not much at that at all). However, Lloyd
            is a legitimate deep threat, which Marshall is not. So my decision would not
            be based on an across the board comparison between the two.

I would look at the fit in the team. Without Lloyd, the Broncos do not have a
            legitimate deep threat. However, they have a couple pretty fair YAC men in
            Royal and Gaffney - not nearly as good as Marshall but still decent.

So what would the Broncos be entirely without? Under those circumstances,
            coupled with their respective attitudes, I would take Lloyd. I haven't
            mentioned Thomas and Decker, both who are very promising - but what I see
            presently is the most persuasive to me.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe View Post

-----

I like your take on looking at what's around them too. In our corps of recievers, Lloyd is the best fit because he completes the trifecta of deep ball, YAC, and z(slot). Marshall is the kind of player that can win games on his own (Like he did vs. the giants last year.) Now, that's not a very good fit here because we have so many good receivers and up and coming talent. (I don't think Marshall was taught to share as a kid). So in Denver, I take Brandon Lloyd. If I was building an all-star team though, Beast Mode.

Comment

-----
                A fair analysis. I wasn't too upset about losing Marshall, to be honest. The writing was on the wall pretty early on, and I'm not huge on the WR contracts that guys like him go for.

A general statement of Lloyd>Marshall would take a few years to be prudent, IMO.

As for who is a better fit for our team right now... you make an excellent point.

Would have been awesome to have both... but c'est la vie.

(Or at least use Royal more to make up for it. Love me some Eddie.)
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic
                Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                  A fair analysis. I wasn't too upset about losing Marshall, to be honest. The writing was on the wall pretty early on, and I'm not huge on the WR contracts that guys like him go for.

A general statement of Lloyd>Marshall would take a few years to be prudent, IMO.

As for who is a better fit for our team right now... you make an excellent point.

Would have been awesome to have both... but c'est la vie.

(Or at least use Royal more to make up for it. Love me some Eddie.)

For real man, for a New England offense we sure as hell don't use our Wes Welker enough.

Comment

Marshall seems more related to a pass catching tight end to me. A guy you can dump the ball off to and he just bruises his way for more.

I just feel if we had a TE that could catch and bruise, he could be just as useful as Marshall was near the goal line...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                      Marshall seems more related to a pass catching tight end to me. A guy you can dump the ball off to and he just bruises his way for more.

I just feel if we had a TE that could catch and bruise, he could be just as useful as Marshall was near the goal line...
                      I just can't help to wonder how Demaryius would do in a TE/H-Back role. He
                      could outjump, overpower, and outrun everybody - linebackers, safeties, CBs.
                      Imagine him there with that loaded receiving corps out wide . . .

------

Comment

I just can't help to wonder how Demaryius would do in a TE/H-Back role. He
                        could outjump, overpower, and outrun everybody - linebackers, safeties, CBs.
                        Imagine him there with that loaded receiving corps out wide . . .

------
                        I'm hoping Gronk works out for us in that position. We just don't have the scheme to bother using TE's down there like NE uses Gronk or Dallas uses Witten..... or we can just throw it to ol Rock Hands Graham...
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping Gronk works out for us in that position. We just don't have the scheme to bother using TE's down there like NE uses Gronk or Dallas uses Witten..... or we can just throw it to ol Rock Hands Graham...
                          Actually, we don't know what scheme the Broncos have now, do we?

-----

Comment

Actually, we don't know what scheme the Broncos have now, do we?

-----
                            Neither Orton Nor Tebow have been using the TE's to catch. It's either Screens to the RB's, or Royal, and Long Balls to Gaff, Lloyd.

Normally we dump it to Moreno, but this time we dumped it to Buck since Moreno was injured.

So i'd say we're still following McD's scheme pretty closely.

Tebow dumped it off once to Quinn who made a good 9 yard run. That was the only pass I know of that went to Quinn.
                            sigpic

Comment

Neither Orton Nor Tebow have been using the TE's to catch. It's either Screens to the RB's, or Royal, and Long Balls to Gaff, Lloyd.

Normally we dump it to Moreno, but this time we dumped it to Buck since Moreno was injured.

So i'd say we're still following McD's scheme pretty closely.

Tebow dumped it off once to Quinn who made a good 9 yard run. That was the only pass I know of that went to Quinn.
                              Well, I'm hoping the Broncos use the TE a little more in the future.

But first, it would be good to get one for that, wouldn't it?

Wouldn't it be nice to see Gronkowski to emulate his brother?

-----

Comment

I never considered Brandon Marshall elite until last year here in Denver when he played with orton and even then I credited it mostly to orton...and now everyone sees that... Unless they're still in denial...a great receiver puts up numbers no matter who the qb is ala Brandon lloyd ...good wide receivers like Marshall have less or more impact depending on who the qb is....still cant believe he was paid that much money lol crazy

Comment

Working...
                                X