Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elway vs Rivers HTH (first 5 years in NFL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boltman are you delusional?

I cannot ever remember anyone (maybe Tellway) saying Rivers is trash when playing us. Quite the opposite. He has owned us.

We are waiting for a saviour (hint hint) to rescue us.

If your just trying to trash Elway, try this on for size.
    Tebow's year 1 > Rivers years 1 & 2!!!!
    Stats don't lie...

Comment

Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
      Lets get this straight donkey fans.

This thread is directed at those fans who think Rivers is trash compared to Elway vs the Chargers. I used their first 9 games ELWAY VS CHARGERS, RIVERS VS BRONCOS after 2 years NFL experience under their belts. PLEASE DONKS, THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION THAT RIVERS IS BETTER THAN ELWAY OVERALL OR ANYTHING TO DO WITH REACHING SUPERBOWLS OTHER THAN TO SIMPLY LOOK AT HOW RIVERS HAS PUT UP SUCH BEAST NUMBERS AGAINST THE BRONCOS NOT EVEN ELWAY COULD SNIF RIVERS STATS IN HIS FIRST 9 GAMES AFTER 2 YEARS UNDER HIS BELT.

This thread is directed towards those homer donkey fans who have expressed their opinions on this board that Elway has always at all times OWNED THE CHARGERS with mind boggling stats and phenomenal numbers.

This thread is is NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM trying to compare the two QB's NFL Careers or what they did in the NFL in this time frame, or to compare which QB is better or worst in as an NFL QB. This topic is ONLY to look at the two QB's wins and stats this time frame, Rivers vs Broncos and Elway vs Chargers.

Why do you donkey fans try to twist every thing and put your stupid spin it taking the topic of this thread WAY out of context? Stuff a carrot in it already. Nobody ever said RIVERS > Elway OVERALL AS A QB COMPARISON and that is most certainly not found in anything I said in this post or at any time on this board.

What I am saying to the homers who feel Elway has always trashed the Chargers for 16 straight years with mind numbing stats is completely untrue. When one looks at what Philip Rivers has done to the Broncos by comparison in his first 9 games as a starter with 2 years NFL experience compared vs Elways 9 games after 2 years NFL experience you have got to be awe inspired by just how severely the Broncos have been completely OWNED by Rivers.

True both QB's in the time frame discussed have 7 wins and only 2 losses respectively Broncos vs Chargers (not NFL total wins or SB's, etc. so don't try and spin this donks), but certainly one cannot be compared to the other in terms of stats. If Rivers keeps this up he's on pace to shatter Elways HTH record vs the Chargers. Most certainly Rivers stats in TD's and low Int % are far far superior vs the Broncos than that of John Elway vs the Chargers. In fact, no other QB in the NFL has put up mind boggling stats and wins vs any other divisional opponent in their first 9 starts like Rivers has vs the Broncos. Its no wonder why the Chargers are the most talked about team by Bronco fans on this board, its no wonder why Bronco fans hate the Chargers. Its no wonder why the past 5 years the Chargers are the Broncos #1 Rival. :thumb:
      Simply put.

Elway never had the talent Rivers had around him early in his career. Elway made 2 SB's already, Rivers 0 SB's.

The game has changed. You can't touch after 5 yds, if you breath on a QB, it's a penalty, and so on. When Elway was QB, you could do a lot and get away with it.

How you still are debating this is beyond me. Rivers will NEVER be close to the QB Elway was.

/thread

Comment

This thread is hilarious. What a complete waste of 6 pages of reading. You really outta find something better to do with your time doltman-1. You can't compare 2 qbs that played in 2 completely different scenarios. Rivers has great stats...that's awesome. But in the end, who cares. Oh yeah, that was awesome last year when they won the division at 8-8. He should really hang his hat on that. Why don't you take a few days off and come up with some more donkey references lol

Comment

at this thread. Look at all the talent around Rivers: Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd, Lagadu Nanee (sorry if i spelled that wrong) Antonio Gates, and a very good offensive line. Elway didn't have anything CLOSE to that. let's look at his stats vs the Chargers after he finally got some talent around him:

1995 @ SD: L 6-17. 19/34 passing, 186 yards passed for, 0 TD's, 0 interceptions.

1995 Vs. SD: W 30-27. 19/34 passing, 290 yards, 2 TD's, 2 intcerceptions.

1996 Vs. SD: W 28-17. 32/41 passing, 4 TD's, 1 interception.

1996 @ SD: L 10-16. 6/11 passing for 46 yards (probably got injured this game)

1997 @ SD: W 38-28. 20/33 passing, 240 yards, 3 TD's, 0 interceptions.

1997 Vs. SD: W 38-3. 17/26 passing, 273 yards, 4 TD's 1 interception.

1998 Vs. SD: W 27-10. 1/3 (got injured)

1998 @ SD: W 31-16. 19/34 passing, 239 yards, 4 TD's, 3 interceptions.

When Elway got talent around him, (Ed McCaffery, Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Terrell Davis) He went 6-2 against the Dolts and HE WAS ABLE TO WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS WITH THE TALENT AROUND HIM, unlike Rivers. Elway even took the Broncos to 3 superbowls with horrible talent around him. Rivers would end up being 5-11 with that talent.

Elway>Rivers. End of discussion.
          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

So the point of the thread is that Rivers has good numbers against our team?

To be honest...who hasnt the last 4 years.

I dont get it...who cares. So Elway wasnt good against the dolts early in his career. How am I going to sleep tonight?

Comment

Working...
            X