Now that Elway is back....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that Elway is back....

Now that Elway is back with the Denver Broncos does this mean that the Broncos are going to starting winning? Does this mean that the Broncos will start dominating this division? Does this mean that from here on our we'll start seeing the Broncos in the playoffs again? Does this mean that very soon the Broncos will start appearing in Super Bowls again?

Just curious what you donkey fans think seeing how without Elway's involvment the Broncos have managed only 2 division wins and 3 Playoff wins along with 4 huge playoff blowout in a combined 35 years of pre and post Elway existence.

Take your pick:

1) Broncos will not improve

2) Broncos will improve but miss a lot of playoff opportunities

3) Broncos will vastly improve and start making the playoffs

4) Broncos will be the Superior Team of the NFL with Elway back and many many Super Bowls

Quote of the year:

Probably #3
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 01-05-2011, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I'll go with number 3. In the press conference he stressed defense and building through the draft, things we've gotten out of touch with over the last few years.

Comment

Yes, it makes Denver a better team.
        sigpic
        I Adopt #77 well damn!
        Milla Da QB Killa' #77
        Fox Rocks #77

Comment

It means that the Chargers will continue to have an empty shelf of Lombardi Trophies.
          sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
            Now that Elway is back with the Denver Broncos does this mean that the Broncos are going to starting winning? Does this mean that the Broncos will start dominating this division? Does this mean that from here on our we'll start seeing the Broncos in the playoffs again? Does this mean that very soon the Broncos will start appearing in Super Bowls again?

Just curious what you donkey fans think seeing how without Elway's involvment the Broncos have managed only 2 division wins and 3 Playoff wins along with 4 huge playoff blowout in a combined 35 years of pre and post Elway existence.

Take your pick:

4) Broncos will be the Superior Team of the NFL with Elway back and many many Super Bowls
            10 times in one post? that might be a record for a fetish but it's small fries for a guy as obsessed as you. Pick up your game or get behind someone more dedicated.
            Last edited by Beagle; 01-05-2011, 04:00 PM.
            Originally posted by baphamet
            are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Take your pick:

We need to see a head coach before we can even make a prediction you knucklehead.

Yeah I can see why people like Mike Florio have their opinion on Elway. When people see the name they'll buy a car from him, eat at his restaurant, let him preform heart surgery etc, but I believe he knows what he's looking at more then glorified accountants like Joe Ellis or any other people in a similar position around the league.

I need to see a head coach, what they do in the draft etc. For now just on name, this news is just "meh" to me. The reorganized FO structure seems like a good step though.
              Last edited by Freestyle; 01-05-2011, 06:23 PM.
              You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

I think with this move we are a better organization that has checks and balances, structure, and most importantly accountability. Something this organization has lacked for many years...Elway being at the top of that chain will be a good thing long term. Gone are the days where one man at the coaching level runs the joint with an iron fist. At the very least there will be two sets of eyes to ensure we are doing the right thing.

Although optimistic I might be one of the few who will say our problems won't be fixed in 1 year. As of this point our defense is still horrible, we have issues running the ball, and we have a Rookie QB (will be year 1 by the time next season starts but he is still a young QB that needs development).

I think Elway and company will miss on some but hopefully will hit more than they miss. But we are in rebuilding mode...some teams have turned their fortunes around quickly but I hesitate to say we will automatically be competing in the playoffs come next year.

I am confident that in 2-3 years we will be in a much better place.

Thx,
                Joe
                To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garzjoe View Post
                  I think with this move we are a better organization that has checks and balances, structure, and most importantly accountability. Something this organization has lacked for many years...Elway being at the top of that chain will be a good thing long term. Gone are the days where one man at the coaching level runs the joint with an iron fist. At the very least there will be two sets of eyes to ensure we are doing the right thing.

Although optimistic I might be one of the few who will say our problems won't be fixed in 1 year. As of this point our defense is still horrible, we have issues running the ball, and we have a Rookie QB (will be year 1 by the time next season starts but he is still a young QB that needs development).

I think Elway and company will miss on some but hopefully will hit more than they miss. But we are in rebuilding mode...some teams have turned their fortunes around quickly but I hesitate to say we will automatically be competing in the playoffs come next year.

I am confident that in 2-3 years we will be in a much better place.

Thx,
                  Joe
                  I find it interesting that Bowlen seems hell bent on not having a GM have total control. Like he's a big believer that the head coach shouldn't come away disgruntled because he didn't get his guy.

Elway will be that third check if there's a GM/ Coach clash.

Either way, the days of a coach having total control are gone now. The way the league is set up now, I believe that's a good thing. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.
                  You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Elway just created a twitter and now has more then 700 followers in the span of 10 minutes lol

Beiber watch out!
                    Now go get your shine box

Comment

Funny, Chargers fans complain about the number "I hate Chargers" threads, when there is just as many from them about Denver.

You say we are obsessed, you are obsessed with our team.

Anyways, I say it's 3, but the 2011 season with be 2.
                      I think we get close, but fall short, as the chief win it again.
                      But after that, it's all playoffs, either is be wild card or division.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        I'll go with number 3. In the press conference he stressed defense and building through the draft, things we've gotten out of touch with over the last few years.
                        Since Al Wilson's departure the Broncos defense has been bottom feeders with no improvement at all.

How exactly is Elway going to help the Broncos defense? Does he have a better eye for Talent than Shanny or McD?

Quote of the year:

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                          Funny, Chargers fans complain about the number "I hate Chargers" threads, when there is just as many from them about Denver.

And that means Tebow is going to be a wining QB?

Quote of the year:

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

I used to hate Denver, now I love Denver. Denver hasn't given me a reason to hate them the past 5 years.

Quote of the year:

Comment

And that means Tebow is going to be a wining QB?
                              Maybe, maybe not.
                              I think Tim has a chance, but he will fail if we don't work with him.
                              If Tebow fails, it wouldn't surprise me, if he succeed it will surprise me a little bit. I have little faith in Tim Tebow, if he was traded, I would be nowhere near pissed.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X