Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Openings: Defensive Coordinator Experience: None (will train)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Openings: Defensive Coordinator Experience: None (will train)

Things are getting REALLY desperate and dicey in San Diego.

Is it Phillip Rivers' big mouth people are afraid of or is it the fact that nobody is all that impressed with being the DC of a team who can't live up to the media hype. Its hard to say.

Chargers' Rivera says "nope, not interested" to returning to a severely overrated team with a stupid "Al Davis-type" GM.
    LMAO, Rivera says "no flipping way I'm interested in coaching the Chargers sorry ass team" and leaves for Carolina. I'm thinking AJ needs to come up with a way to keep good people and stop making cheap offers to players/coaches of only $10,000.
    Last edited by mct1967; 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM.

CP coming your way man!

Comment

That's funny seeing as in his press conference he said his 1st order of business was finding out if they had a player capable of being a "franchise QB" currently on his roster and how fortunate he was the last 4 years to have one in Rivers.

Nice try.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
        That's funny seeing as in his press conference he said his 1st order of business was finding out if they had a player capable of being a "franchise QB" currently on his roster and how fortunate he was the last 4 years to have one in Rivers.

Nice try.
        Rivera didn't want to stick around San Diego and wait for Turner to be fired, so Rivers must not have been that important regarding Rivera's decision to leave.

Nice try.

Comment

Nice job replacing a 4-12 coach with a 2-14 one. Well I guess it makes sense since Elway already failed to get the guy he was trying for in Harbaugh. It's funny how over the past few years teMs have targeted Chargers asst. Coaches while Denvers are repeatedly shown the door.

Comment

Nice job replacing a 4-12 coach with a 2-14 one. Well I guess it makes sense since Elway already failed to get the guy he was trying for in Harbaugh. It's funny how over the past few years teMs have targeted Chargers asst. Coaches while Denvers are repeatedly shown the door.
            Dont forget Fox had some good years with the Panthers, so you can't label him only a 2-12 coach. Yes, it is funny how so many ex-Chargers players and ex-Chargers coaches prosper with other teams. It just shows how stupid AJ is and how pathetic the Chargers are that they cant win with players that other teams win with.

Comment

Which assistants started out in SD that were targeted? Rivera was a Bear before the Chargers, Wade Phillips had 5 DC jobs before SD. Maybe Ted Cottrell? Yeah that UFL team really targeted him (Also not originating out of SD anyway).

I'm sure the Norv Turner coaching tree is very highly sought after....
              sigpic

Comment

Wade's success here landed him another HC job after he had failed before in Denver, Cam Cameron landed a HC job after his success here. Rivera interviewed 7 or 8 times before and never got a job but after he had success here he finally landed a HC job.

Comment

Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
                  Dont forget Fox had some good years with the Panthers, so you can't label him only a 2-12 coach. Yes, it is funny how so many ex-Chargers players and ex-Chargers coaches prosper with other teams. It just shows how stupid AJ is and how pathetic the Chargers are that they cant win with players that other teams win with.
                  Teams will always let a guy go if he is only an assistant and has a chance to get a head coaching job. Doubt you'll see man assistants coming out of Denver though with a chance to get a head coaching Job in the near future so I don't blame you for not understanding how it normally goes down.

Comment

Teams will always let a guy go if he is only an assistant and has a chance to get a head coaching job. Doubt you'll see man assistants coming out of Denver though with a chance to get a head coaching Job in the near future so I don't blame you for not understanding how it normally goes down.
                    I understand how pro sports works just fine, pal.

Comment

You still will have a hard time replacing Rivera in the end your D has little room to go up and will only go down. Fox had a 2-14 season and still is above .500 as a HC. He turned a team 30th in D to 5th in D, he has a much more impressive resume then any DC yoou will hire.

The only person worth promoting in the Chargers organization is Steven Wilks, who was a failure in the 1-AA as a DC so good luck with that.
                      Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-13-2011, 05:11 PM.
                      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

I understand how pro sports works just fine, pal.
                        Then you subscribe to the moronic smack talk just to try n troll???

Comment

Then you subscribe to the moronic smack talk just to try n troll???
                          It always amuses me how you dumb Chargers fans can't disprove any of my points, so you call me names. That is the sign of a moron. It just continues to prove my opinion that most Chargers fans have nothing in their heads and are disloyal, fair-weather fans. The good news is the Chargers are beginning to slide, will continue to slide downward and that will result in less Chargers fans here and everywhere.

Comment

It always amuses me how you dumb Chargers fans can't disprove any of my points, so you call me names. That is the sign of a moron. It just continues to prove my opinion that most Chargers fans have nothing in their heads and are disloyal, fair-weather fans. The good news is the Chargers are beginning to slide, will continue to slide downward and that will result in less Chargers fans here and everywhere.
                            You only offer up "points", which are more like opinions than facts. Like the one in this post.

I hope the "1967" in your name does't refer to your birth date. Because it would be pretty embarassing for a 40+ year old to know as little about football as you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                              You only offer up "points", which are more like opinions than facts. Like the one in this post.

I hope the "1967" in your name does't refer to your birth date. Because it would be pretty embarassing for a 40+ year old to know as little about football as you do.
                              I can state my opinions based on facts. Thats what everyone around here does. So far STILL none of you bolt fans have disproved anything I've said. I know plenty about football and predicted the downfall of the Chargers a year ago. Even wrote a thread about it on this site.

Comment

Working...
                              X