Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Openings: Defensive Coordinator Experience: None (will train)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
    You only offer up "points", which are more like opinions than facts. Like the one in this post.

I hope the "1967" in your name does't refer to your birth date. Because it would be pretty embarassing for a 40+ year old to know as little about football as you do.
    Just more personal attacks from ignorant Chargers fans. Come on, guys...its getting old. Can't you offer anything smarter to say or are petty insults the only thing your brains can come up with? What sad debating skills you bolt fans have.

Comment

[QUOTE=NFLfan..MLBzzzz;3646298]Nice job replacing a 4-12 coach with a 2-14 one. [QUOTE]

We have a coach that lead a team to the Super Bowl. Cant say the same about you.
      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

[QUOTE=McSmashie;3650273][QUOTE=NFLfan..MLBzzzz;3646298]Nice job replacing a 4-12 coach with a 2-14 one.

We have a coach that lead a team to the Super Bowl. Cant say the same about you.
        Yeah there team is to cheap to pay for coaches with actual winning records or SB experience they wouldnt even pay for Bobby Ross who left them for the Lions because they are so cheap
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

[QUOTE=McSmashie;3650273][QUOTE=NFLfan..MLBzzzz;3646298]Nice job replacing a 4-12 coach with a 2-14 one.

I guess I am missing the genius about the John Fox hiring decision. I don't understand why the worst team in football would let the contract of such a great coach expire.

Comment

[QUOTE=Boltheads;3652309][QUOTE=McSmashie;3650273]
            Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
            Nice job replacing a 4-12 coach with a 2-14 one. I guess I am missing the genius about the John Fox hiring decision. I don't understand why the worst team in football would let the contract of such a great coach expire.
            I'm sure it's his fault he had horrible QB play all season, injuries to the OL that hurt them, and other things.

And the fact that went in a youth movement, that's his fault too.

Comment

[QUOTE=ERoyal248;3652310][QUOTE=Boltheads;3652309]
              Originally posted by McSmashie View Post

I'm sure it's his fault he had horrible QB play all season, injuries to the OL that hurt them, and other things.

And the fact that went in a youth movement, that's his fault too.
              Again, I don't think Fox is a horrible coach or that Carolina's record is all his fault. I just think he is walking into the same situation in Denver - rookie QB, major holes on both sides of the ball, and no depth. If he couldn't find a way to win with the formula in Carolina, how is he going to do it in Denver?

I just think there were some up and coming coordinators that would have been more energizing to the organization. The Fox hire looked desperate.

Comment

[QUOTE=Boltheads;3652315][QUOTE=ERoyal248;3652310]
                Again, I don't think Fox is a horrible coach or that Carolina's record is all his fault. I just think he is walking into the same situation in Denver - rookie QB, major holes on both sides of the ball, and no depth. If he couldn't find a way to win with the formula in Carolina, how is he going to do it in Denver?

I just think there were some up and coming coordinators that would have been more energizing to the organization. The Fox hire looked desperate.
                Rookie QB, sure, i agree, but Tebow is better then Clausen.

We don't have major holes on offense, i actually like the young players we have on offense. Moreno, White, Ball, and i hope somehow we get DeAngelo here. Really good WR core with Lloyd, Gaffney, Royal, Demaryius, Decker, and Willis. Good mix of veterans and youth. Need a TE for Tebow to go to on 3rd downs. Our OL is well set as well, so no, i don't agree with we have major holes on offense. Mainly RT/LG on the OL depending if we keep Harris and where they like Beadles longterm.

Defense, i agree, we have a lot of work to do.

I'd definately say he's in a better situation then he was in Carolina on offense that is.

Comment

I dont think Fox will ever be confused for Vince Lombardi, but every reason you mentioned is a reason to hire an experienced head coach.

You never know what an up-and-coming coordinator is going to turn into (we know that all too well). At least, with Fox, you have removed an unknown from process going forward.

As far as Fox not finding a way to win in Carolina, he had a 71-57 record before ownership slashed payroll, drafted Clausen and let one of the best D players in the league go. He took a team to a Super Bowl and to the conference championships.

He has proven the ability to win, just not as consistently as one would like. We arent going to know at what combination it was his coaching and game planning or cheap ownership, but he wont have to worry about cheap ownership here.

The FO is going to give him players to succeed with. He may strike out. I, of course, certainly hope not. But unless you on the ridiculous HIRE GRUDEN! HIRE COWHER! bandwagon, he was the best option available to the team.
                  Last edited by McSmashie; 01-16-2011, 07:54 AM.
                  sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

[QUOTE=ERoyal248;3652319][QUOTE=Boltheads;3652315]
                    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post

We don't have major holes on offense,
                    Seriously....did you watch Denver play a majority of their games this year? They had one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL and they were horrible in the Red Zone.

Comment

[QUOTE=Boltheads;3652327][QUOTE=ERoyal248;3652319]
                      Seriously....did you watch Denver play a majority of their games this year? They had one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL and they were horrible in the Red Zone.
                      Well, i don't think we're "elite" but we have some good young talent. And our running game got better after we made the OL switch.

I think we have more talent on offense then Carolina does.

Comment

[QUOTE=Boltheads;3652315][QUOTE=ERoyal248;3652310]

The difference between the Carolina and Denver situation is Pat Bowlen is a better owner. He's an owner who wants to win more than making money for himself and is willling to spend whatever money to bring talent to the Broncos. I believe the Broncos have a better GM than the Panthers and with Elway in the FO that will inspire everyone to aspire to excellence.

Comment

[QUOTE=Boltheads;3652327][QUOTE=ERoyal248;3652319]
                          The bad running attack was due to injuries. White out the whole year. Moreno out most of the year and Buck had nagging injuries that reduced his productivity. If Broncos' RBs are healthy next year, their running attack will be just fine.

Comment

[QUOTE=mct1967;3655829][QUOTE=Boltheads;3652327]
                            Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post

The bad running attack was due to injuries. White out the whole year. Moreno out most of the year and Buck had nagging injuries that reduced his productivity. If Broncos' RBs are healthy next year, their running attack will be just fine.
                            Moreno was NOT out most of the year. So, that's a moot point.

Look, if you think Denver's running attack is going to be "just fine" with a healthy White and Buck (both who probably are going to get released), then I really can't help you understand one of your team's biggest weaknesses.

Comment

[QUOTE=Boltheads;3656905][QUOTE=mct1967;3655829]
                              Moreno was NOT out most of the year. So, that's a moot point.

Look, if you think Denver's running attack is going to be "just fine" with a healthy White and Buck (both who probably are going to get released), then I really can't help you understand one of your team's biggest weaknesses.
                              It was a weakness, because all 3 runners were battling injuries all year long.

I'm not interested in your predictions about the future of Broncos players, just as you wouldn't be interested in my predictions about who's leaving the Chargers, because they hate AJ.

Moreno battled injuries the whole 2010 season and his productivity was drastically reduced. He had to be used primarily as a receiver, because he wasn't healthy enough for running duties. That's why his receiving numbers were so much higher this year than last year.

I will agree with you that Buck may be gone due to age, but I still think he's a decent fullback.

The Broncos haven't seen what White can do yet. His first two years with the Titans were good and his last year with them he didn't get the ball much, because Johnson got the ball most of the time, cause he was hot--putting up 2000+ yards. I think it would be a mistake for the Broncos to get rid of White before they see what he can do.

If the Broncos keep White and he produces normally and if Moreno has a mostly healthy 2011 season, I still feel the Broncos running attack will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X