Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asomugha on Chargers' radar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    We still need a new scheme to allow our players to get picks. We somewhat run the same type of system that Green Bay does but they're more versatile and take more risks. I wouldn't mind giving up a 30 yard pass on a possession if a pick is made on the next possession, taking the same chance on both plays.
    Your system resembles the Jags more then anything.

    Our system is a lot like the one in Miami but more aggressive. I want more of a Pitt Ravens system with the zone blocking. Although Ild love the Packers system if we can run it.
    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

    Comment


    • #32
      Raiders D doesn't really resemble anyone else. Single high safety with pressed up man corners, rush 4. I remember Steve Young freakin' out about it on MNF, "Nobody runs that anymore!! 70's football right there!"

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
        Raiders D doesn't really resemble anyone else. Single high safety with pressed up man corners, rush 4. I remember Steve Young freakin' out about it on MNF, "Nobody runs that anymore!! 70's football right there!"
        My bad I should've said cornerback cover schemes being primarily man to man with a few zones mixed in.

        Comment


        • #34
          Makes all of the sense in the world if you stop and think. Not only is Asomugha a california guy, but he is a Los Angeles guy as well. Where are the Chargers linked to moving?

          You guys dont think the Chargers will be pitching that to him? Play in your hometown, in a brand new stadium, with a talented team around you.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
            Raiders D doesn't really resemble anyone else. Single high safety with pressed up man corners, rush 4. I remember Steve Young freakin' out about it on MNF, "Nobody runs that anymore!! 70's football right there!"
            fair points

            Honestly I am not a fan of Cromartie or Nnamdi I like my CB's to be a factor in run support and not afraid to tackle
            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Banme View Post
              Makes all of the sense in the world if you stop and think. Not only is Asomugha a california guy, but he is a Los Angeles guy as well. Where are the Chargers linked to moving?

              You guys dont think the Chargers will be pitching that to him? Play in your hometown, in a brand new stadium, with a talented team around you.
              Or, Aso could just take the HUGE jack the Jets are going to throw at him to replace Cromartie

              The bright side for you is, you can then bring Cromartie back:thumb:

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                fair points

                Honestly I am not a fan of Cromartie or Nnamdi I like my CB's to be a factor in run support and not afraid to tackle
                Aso isn't a run liability. One of our best tacklers. He just gets taken out all together.

                He needs to make more plays though. It's not easy with what our ancient scheme demands.

                Comment


                • #38
                  i am sure it's already been said but the chargers wont break the bank to sign any free agents.

                  i would be extremely surprised if the chargers signed him unless they got him at a cheaper rate than AJ believes he is worth.

                  even then i doubt it happens.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X