John Fox was a no-brainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Fox was a no-brainer

I've been saying (along with a few others) for over a month now on the GD board that John Fox would be the next HC in Denver. And here's why:

Pat Bowlen was not going to hire another unproven HC (ie; OC, DC, college coach) to run his franchise. And, no proven HC (ie; Cowher, Gruden, etc) wanted to run his franchise.

Therefore, the only option for the Broncos was to hire a HC that got fired this year, or in Fox's case, didn't have their contract renewed and would be willing to coach for less than there previous contract.

The 2nd worst team in the NFL just hired the coach of the 1st worst team.

Good luck Bronco fans. You're cheap and near-sighted owner just shafted you.....again.

Is it his fault Clausen screwed up the Panthers? Was it his fault Peppers left?

Fox is a great head coach. He should be able to guide this team around
    sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
      I've been saying (along with a few others) for over a month now on the GD board that John Fox would be the next HC in Denver. And here's why:

Pat Bowlen was not going to hire another unproven HC (ie; OC, DC, college coach) to run his franchise. And, no proven HC (ie; Cowher, Gruden, etc) wanted to run his franchise.

Therefore, the only option for the Broncos was to hire a HC that got fired this year, or in Fox's case, didn't have their contract renewed and would be willing to coach for less than there previous contract.

The 2nd worst team in the NFL just hired the coach of the 1st worst team.

Good luck Bronco fans. You're cheap and near-sighted owner just shafted you.....again.
      Talk once you have a DC
      sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
      Sig by: MHS

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
        Is it his fault Clausen screwed up the Panthers? Was it his fault Peppers left?

Fox is a great head coach. He should be able to guide this team around
        I wouldn't call he is a great HC. I think he's solid coach for Denver. He will fix your D.

Boys - his offense was bored. He was used R2P2 formula too much.

Comment

I do agree with hiring Fox, but you can't blame everything on him.

The owner is the main problem. Not keeping key veterans, having JAKE DELHOMME as QB. The main problem in Carolina this year was some injuries, and the fact that Clausen was horrendous.

Good hire, time will tell how it all pans out.

Comment

Didn't Gruden decide to stay with ESPN, and Cowher with his family for a year?

If so, they didn't want to help a lot of teams.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              The owner is the main problem. Not keeping key veterans, having JAKE DELHOMME as QB. The main problem in Carolina this year was some injuries, and the fact that Clausen was horrendous.
              You mean the same Jake Delhomme that took the Panthers to the SB?

I agree that the problem Fox had in Carolina was that the front office ran all of the talent out of town and had horrible drafts. I just don't see how the situation is any different in Denver.

Comment

You mean the same Jake Delhomme that took the Panthers to the SB?

I agree that the problem Fox had in Carolina was that the front office ran all of the talent out of town and had horrible drafts. I just don't see how the situation is any different in Denver.
                Yes, he did, but Tebow "can" be a way better QB then Delhomme will. And yes, he's not a bust after 3 games like you think which is still hilarious.

It's your opinion, we'll see how it pans out.

Comment

I am excited about his hiring. Hey Fox, first thing: FIX THE DAMN D!!!!!

Comment

Only a Chargers knows something about having no brains.
                    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                      Yes, he did, but Tebow "can" be a way better QB then Delhomme will. And yes, he's not a bust after 3 games like you think which is still hilarious.

It's your opinion, we'll see how it pans out.
                      Settle down ERoyal....nobody called Tebow a bust. Some of us just think he is more human than others (and not worthy of a 1st round pick).

Back to Fox. Like I've been sayin, he is the perfect fit for Denver. Nobody else wanted to coach in Denver and nobody wanted Fox to coach for them.

I'm not saying he can't turn things around, but it's a tall order.

Comment

Anyway not like you would know talent after that brilliant sig bet of yours.
                        sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

I hope this means his daughter, Megan, will be at our games.
                          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                          sigpic

Comment

Settle down ERoyal....nobody called Tebow a bust. Some of us just think he is more human than others (and not worthy of a 1st round pick).

Back to Fox. Like I've been sayin, he is the perfect fit for Denver. Nobody else wanted to coach in Denver and nobody wanted Fox to coach for them.

I'm not saying he can't turn things around, but it's a tall order.
                            LOL, i'm fine. That's fair about you saying whether he's worth of his draft position. But in the 3 games he played, that's above average for a rookie QB. He is human, he has a lot of work to do.

He should be given time to develop, and he'll have his growing pains, and other things.

Then why did we have 5 other canidates come in for interviews if no one wanted the job

Agreed, should be interesting. But he did turn Carolina from a 1-15 team to playoff team in his first year, just saying.

Comment

John Fox was a no-brainer

Man, you said it.
                              sigpic

TZ

Comment

Working...
                              X