John Fox was a no-brainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindField View Post
    You mean like the 1-15 team Fox inherited with the Panthers that he had in the Super Bowl two seasons later?

In all honesty, if I am handicapping this hire, I think as a Chargers or Raiders fan, I would not be happy.

I say that because Fox is a coach that is exactly the opposite of what Shanahan and McDaniels were, and that is how the Chargers have dominated the Broncos over the last several seasons. The Chargers have basically beaten up the Broncos, and we have not been able to match up physically.

So in that regard, I have to give Elway credit for going in a 180 degree opposite direction with a defensive coach that values a tougher brand of football.

Obviously, your Chargers did not have much success against Fox the last time your boys faced him, as if I remember correctly, his Panthers came in and beat the Chargers, in your yard, on opening day in '08...something about a reserve TE namesd Dante Rosario catching the game winner in the back of the end zone to torch Eric Piddle. I know you will make excuses and say, it was only the opener, blah, blah, blah, but the fact is, Fox's defense shut Peelip and your boys down.

Gone (hopefully) are the days of the finese, gimmickry the Broncos preferred under their last two head coaches, and now you have a coach that values running the ball and stopping the run, and a more physical brand of football.

I do have some concerns about the offensive creativity the Broncos will have now, but I am excited to see a coach with Fox's commitment to defense and the run
    weren't you supposed to be done smacking with Charger fans? I knew you were lying. May the obsession be with you.

Quote of the year:

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
      What your missing is that first its not his falt and he has consistently had a top defense in the NFL for years.

Your right though Norv was only the 3rd worst coach in the NFL and hiring a coach who still has a losing record makes so much more sense then one who has a winning record. On paper Norv is a much less impressive coach then Fox.

BB was 4th worst bt that hasnt stopped him from winning after he left.
      The difference is Norv didn't really need to build crap. He took over a 14-2 team with a top offense and defense and won 2 playoff games his first year and nearly made it all the way to the Super Bowl and would have had we not be so banged up and injury riddled stars standing around on the side lines (some sitting and sulking)

McFox comes to Denver with a 2-14 record and is expected to make something out of that heaping pile of crap 4-12 team called the Denver Broncos. He has no head start by any stretch and its going to take at least another 5 years to clean up the 5 year donkey dung mess which stench has permeated nearly every facet of the team.

What exactly are you donkeys expecting your first year with McFox, an AFFFG appearance? Get real and stop tying to Josh us.

Quote of the year:

Comment

Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
        And exactly how have all those "no-brain" decisions panned out for the Broncos since Elway retired?

Trust you me, if Shanny couldn't do squat vs Rivers then certainly Fox doesn't have a prayer. Rivers and the Chargers were the reason why Shanny Got fired, same with McD. Rivers throttles McD and then bam, 2 weeks later he got his pink slip.

LOL, donkeys desperate to find a coach pretty much bring in any warm body and this one a loser with a 2-14 record.

Nice work Elway. All that front office experience is really paying off. You landed John Fox who just got fired with a 2-14 record. Was it because you like the name "John"?
        Here are some facts for Mr i'm obsessed with the Broncos.

1- The owner is cheap and decided to go young. Released a lot of the veterans.

2- Jimmy Clausen was QB, who was horrendous this year. Matt Moore as well and St Clair at times. It's a QB league, won't win with those.

3- Some key injuries, mainly on the OL. A lot went wrong for them this year.

As bad as they were this season, 18th overall on defense. Keep hating Boltman. Fox is a good hire either way you slice it.

Comment

And exactly how have all those "no-brain" decisions panned out for the Broncos since Elway retired?

Trust you me, if Shanny couldn't do squat vs Rivers then certainly Fox doesn't have a prayer. Rivers and the Chargers were the reason why Shanny Got fired, same with McD. Rivers throttles McD and then bam, 2 weeks later he got his pink slip.

LOL, donkeys desperate to find a coach pretty much bring in any warm body and this one a loser with a 2-14 record.

Nice work Elway. All that front office experience is really paying off. You landed John Fox who just got fired with a 2-14 record. Was it because you like the name "John"?
          You cannot really belive Philip Rivers is responsible for the firing of two N.F.L. head coaches can you?
          sigpic
          photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

The difference is Norv didn't really need to build crap. He took over a 14-2 team with a top offense and defense and won 2 playoff games his first year and nearly made it all the way to the Super Bowl and would have had we not be so banged up and injury riddled stars standing around on the side lines (some sitting and sulking)

McFox comes to Denver with a 2-14 record and is expected to make something out of that heaping pile of crap 4-12 team called the Denver Broncos. He has no head start by any stretch and its going to take at least another 5 years to clean up the 5 year donkey dung mess which stench has permeated nearly every facet of the team.

What exactly are you donkeys expecting your first year with McFox, an AFFFG appearance? Get real and stop tying to Josh us.
            Yet all the Boltoids claimed that your team was in disaster which is why you had to get rid of Marty. So, you still owe him 7 mill, and honestly Norv has slowly made your team worse which is why your team is on the fall. Everything he had was built for him and he hasnt done much to make it better.

Everything Norv has done has been a disappointment more so then Marty but his job remains till he finally rots that team of yours.

I expect a 6-10 team next year not much improvement but improvement your team with go 7-9, may still be better but miss the playoffs again allowing Norv to be fired. Your team will continue to drop and ours will continue to rise each year making everything right in the NFL as your team has another lost decade.

Fox is well known for his assessments and his detailed analysis of players he has and how to use him, his biggest issues are that he is overly conservative and he has a habit of playing vets to long and benching rookies, that is until last year when he was forced to do otherwise. The reason Elway hired him was he managed to do an assessment of the players on the team and it matched up well with the internal assessment. He is also respected and uses his coaches to the best of their abilities (the anti McD here). I think he can be good for us but I hate how he plays not to lose rather then to win. Also his use of vets puts Tebow and Ortons futures in a weird position he got the job because he likes Tebow but that doesnt mean Tebow will start next year (which is better for Tebow IMO), he brings to many uncertainties to the table
            Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-15-2011, 12:50 PM.
            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              Here are some facts for Mr i'm obsessed with the Broncos.

2- Jimmy Clausen was QB, who was horrendous this year. Matt Moore as well and St Clair at times. It's a QB league, won't win with those.

As bad as they were this season, 18th overall on defense. Keep hating Boltman. Fox is a good hire either way you slice it.
              its his responsibility as the head coach to develop those QB's. fox has never done well in that regard, which is why i feel sorry for tebow and his fans. (well not really the fans)

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                its his responsibility as the head coach to develop those QB's. fox has never done well in that regard, which is why i feel sorry for tebow and his fans. (well not really the fans)
                Hence why we have McCoy who is good at assessing QB strengths his main issue is what you say because his QB's regress terribly when he is gone.

Clausen wasnt a good QB before he entered the draft despite what you argued back then. He has horrible intangibles and his arm strength and decision making skills are average at best. He didnt develop very much and as such looked like the worst rookie QB who played (with exception to Levi Brown) including Tony Pike who actually looked better on the same team. I remember arguing with you saying that Pike would do this and despite only throwing 12 passes he still looked pretty good comparatively.

HC rarely develop QB the OC and QB-coach are the ones responsible for this mostly the latter. Get a good QB-coach and you can develop Tebow. BB didnt develop Tom Brady but he had QB coaches that did. Never underestimate the ability of good position coaches

Comment

1 - The owner is cheap and decided to bring in a lot of old veterans and let McD release a lot of talent.

2 - It's a QB league and you won't win with Orton, Tebow, or Quinn.

3 - Some key injuries on both sides of the ball.

See the similarites between Carolina and Denver? I mean they are picking #1 and #2 for a reason. If Fox couldn't win there....how is he going to win in Denver?

Comment

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                    1 - The owner is cheap and decided to bring in a lot of old veterans and let McD release a lot of talent.

2 - It's a QB league and you won't win with Orton, Tebow, or Quinn.

3 - Some key injuries on both sides of the ball.

See the similarites between Carolina and Denver? I mean they are picking #1 and #2 for a reason. If Fox couldn't win there....how is he going to win in Denver?
                    1- What talent did he "release". Other then Hillis and Smith, not much really. Lloyd ourproduced Marshall. We got a haul for Cutler, and it's still too early to tell right.

2- We will win with Tebow. Rivers sat for 2 years, started in his 3rd, so by Tebow's 3rd year starting, we'll see where he is. Can't judge a QB after 3 starts especially with no running game.

3- Yup

He turned Carolina from 1-15 to 7-9 in his first year, no reason he can't here.

KC goes from 4-12 to playoff team in one year.

Saints go from 8-8 to SB Champs.

Not saying we'll make the playoffs, but i won't be surprised if we can get to 7-9/8-8.

Comment

Can't judge a QB after 3 starts especially with no running game.
                      You do realize that in another thread you just said that Denver has "no major holes on offense".

You are such a homer you can't even keep your opinions in cadence.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                        You do realize that in another thread you just said that Denver has "no major holes on offense".

You are such a homer you can't even keep your opinions in cadence.
                        Every team has holes believing your team cant be improved is how teams that become complacent (i.e. SD) can actually fall in the Division. We have less holes in offense then in defense however, the problem with the running game is the blocking scheme. I am worried with the new blocking scheme we will allow more sacks though because Car blocking scheme tends to be focused on the run.

Comment

Working...
                        X