X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post
    Los Angeles Donk Owners
    You're right.

AEG, Anschutz Entertainment Group, the front-runner in bringing the faltered franchise to Los Angeles is owned by Denver billionaire, Philip Anschutz.

What was it again... oh yeah... OWNED!
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
      IIRC, the Chargers very first season was in LA in the AFL era.

Just going back home after all this time.

Was it not John Steinbeck who said "You can never go home." ?

Maybe Chargers should move to San Antonio?
      Nah it was Thomas Wolfe who said "You can't go home again"
      I do however concede your point, and the Chargers should consider leaving California altogether, Oklahoma City has an N.B.A. team perhaps they could support an N.F.L. team as well? Then Baph might be able to make some games they'd be a little closer to the corn state.

(Cornhusking, is that what they call "it" out there Baph?)
      I really like Cheese.

Comment

Minnesota Vikings probably move to L.A. before the Chargers do.
        sigpic

Adopted Posters:
        Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
        Adopted By:
        Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
        Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
          Minnesota Vikings probably move to L.A. before the Chargers do.
          Very Possible. I live in MN and very little is being done to get the Vikes a new stadium. Vikings ownership wants an outdoor stadium, but the city-politicians want an enclosed stadium to attract a SB. Wilf, the owner of the Vikings has said he'll pay for only 1/3 of the new stadium and our new governor and other new politicians are ignoring the subject.

Magic Johnson and other powerful LA people have been negotiating with Wilf to try and bring the Vikings to LA. If things stay how they are, the Vikes will probably move...especially after the collapse of the Metrodome. Plus, the Metrodome is the worst stadium in the league as far as revenue.

It would be deja-vue all over again. 50 years ago the Lakers moved from MN to LA and now an ex-Laker is trying to bring the Vikes to LA....ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
            THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RICH!!!

A CHARGERS FAN ACCUSING SOMEONE OF BEING A FAIRWEATHER FAN!!!

THIS IS THE BIGGEST EXAMPLE OF HYPOCRISY ON THE PLANET!!

BAPH YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED AND EMBARRASSED!!

THIS IS BY FAR...YOUR MOST STUPID COMMENT OF ALL YOUR 100s OF COMMENTS!!!
            i was talking about smack numb nuts

i am here no matter what dude, when i talk trash i man up and give credit where credit is due, i don't run and hide.....jhild has been caught red handed fairweathering it up.

i am not talking about going to games dude, you should actually read the thread before opening your mouth and making as ass out of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
              Nah it was Thomas Wolfe who said "You can't go home again"
              I do however concede your point, and the Chargers should consider leaving California altogether, Oklahoma City has an N.B.A. team perhaps they could support an N.F.L. team as well? Then Baph might be able to make some games they'd be a little closer to the corn state.

(Cornhusking, is that what they call "it" out there Baph?)
              if the chargers move to LA, the people in SD county are the ones to blame, not the organization.

its been what? 10 freaking years that the chargers organization has been patient trying to build a stadium in that small market town?

the reason why they have been so patient is only their loyalty to the city and fans, a city that apparently doesn't want them.

frankly, i am shocked they haven't made the move sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                i was talking about smack numb nuts

i am here no matter what dude, when i talk trash i man up and give credit where credit is due, i don't run and hide.....jhild has been caught red handed fairweathering it up.

i am not talking about going to games dude, you should actually read the thread before opening your mouth and making as ass out of yourself.
                I read the thread.

Going to games is irrelevant. Your argument with Jhild is irrelevant.

Baph, you make an ass out of yourself when you...as a Chargers fan (a team with the most fickle fan-base in the NFL) accuse anyone of being fairweather.

By doing that you're the BIGGEST HYPOCRITE OF ALL CHARGERS FANS.

Comment

frankly, i am shocked they haven't made the move sooner.
                  Ah yes, just can't seem to be making the move. That's the Chargers as we know it.

Why don't you hit up Warren Buffett and have him move the franchise to Omaha.. he's good for the money and you could have Omaha Corndogs and Nebraska Cornhuskers. Sweet deal man.

Adopted Poster
                  AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I read the thread.

Going to games is irrelevant. Your argument with Jhild is irrelevant.

Baph, you make an ass out of yourself when you...as a Chargers fan (a team with the most fickle fan-base in the NFL) accuse anyone of being fairweather.

By doing that you're the BIGGEST HYPOCRITE OF ALL CHARGERS FANS.
                    unless i am the one being fairweather (which i am not) then no, its not hypocritical at all.

i don't speak for an entire fanbase, i speak for myself. besides, i wasn't talking about going to games, i was talking about smack.

but please do keep reasoning, ill just copy/paste this post until you finally get it.

Comment

How bout they change their name to the the LA Xplorers?? Cause they're still looking for that SB trophy!!
                      sigpic
                      Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS (SuperSport w/Rally Sport package).

Comment

unless i am the one being fairweather (which i am not) then no, its not hypocritical at all.

i don't speak for an entire fanbase, i speak for myself. besides, i wasn't talking about going to games, i was talking about smack.

but please do keep reasoning, ill just copy/paste this post until you finally get it.
                        You crack me up, Baph! Your recent statements in this thread just prove
                        how much of a hypocrite you are.

First, you as a fan of a team with the most fairweather fans in the whole
                        NFL call someone a fairweather. Pot calling the kettle black.

Second, you then try to distance yourself from other Chargers fans, claiming
                        you don't speak for all Chargers fans. More hypocrisy. And here's recent
                        statements of yours from last month, proving my point...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChiefsFan
                        It 'aint over 'till it's over.

Your response...

"lol WE should be the ones saying that, you are still the division leaders. you guys had to realize at some point that the chargers were not just gonna hand over the division,...."

And from another thread last month...

"the raiders fans that live in LA would much rather make the trip to SD than Oakland, that is why there is so many of them in OUR stadium."

You seem to only consider yourself part of the Chargers faithful when its
                        convenient for you or to back up your babbling....and then when you're
                        cornered and being part of the Charger fan-base no longer suits you, you
                        claim to only speak for yourself. H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E But I guess I shouldn't
                        blame you...all Charger fans BOLT from their team when the Chargers start
                        losing or when being a Chargers fan doesn't suit them anymore. I guess I
                        should be used to Chargers fan hypocrisy and lack of loyalty.

But please do keep reasoning...I'll continue to copy and paste quotes from you until you finally get it.
                        Last edited by mct1967; 01-21-2011, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LRod View Post
                          How bout they change their name to the the LA Xplorers?? Cause they're still looking for that SB trophy!!
                          I think you're on to something.

L.A. Searchers or L.A. Seekers.
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Very Possible. I live in MN and very little is being done to get the Vikes a new stadium. Vikings ownership wants an outdoor stadium, but the city-politicians want an enclosed stadium to attract a SB. Wilf, the owner of the Vikings has said he'll pay for only 1/3 of the new stadium and our new governor and other new politicians are ignoring the subject.

Magic Johnson and other powerful LA people have been negotiating with Wilf to try and bring the Vikings to LA. If things stay how they are, the Vikes will probably move...especially after the collapse of the Metrodome. Plus, the Metrodome is the worst stadium in the league as far as revenue.

It would be deja-vue all over again. 50 years ago the Lakers moved from MN to LA and now an ex-Laker is trying to bring the Vikes to LA....ironic.
                            I know. I hope it doesn't happen. For the sake of the people in MN. They should ship the Clippers to Minneapolis for compensation. Griffin is going to be playing for the Lakers in five years anyway.

If the Chargers move to LA, they will likely remain the Chargers. Cleveland had to go through a lot just to prevent Art from keeping the name and colors. It's for the best though. When you think of Paul Brown, the first thing that pops into your head is definitely not Baltimore Maryland.

Comment

Working...
                            X