Big Ben About to Pass Elway??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Ben About to Pass Elway??

Just curious what most of you Broncos fans think about the possibility of Big Ben passing Elway as one of the Greatest QB's ever.

I mean If he wins his 3rd ring next Sunday before turning turning 30 does he leap right past John in all-time rankings???

His first ring was all D, his second was Harrison making history, and he won't be winning a third this year, so....no.

I don't like the guy, but he's a grown ass man on the field, that's for damn sure.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Dan Fouts rookie card.....25 cents

Chargers troll smack talking the goat.....priceless!

sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Speaking of legacies, for some weird reason the DVD they had playing at Wal-Mart tonight was the history of the San Diego Chargers. The menu kept only showing 3 guys and it was only 27 mins long...
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          Speaking of legacies, for some weird reason the DVD they had playing at Wal-Mart tonight was the history of the San Diego Chargers. The menu kept only showing 3 guys and it was only 27 mins long...
          Whats this have to do with the comparison of Big Ben vs. Elway? I mean is Big Ben already ahead of John??

Ben....2-0 Superbowl record

John....2-3 Superbowl record.

I'd rather be 2-0 (maybe going on 3-0) over 2-3. Wouldnt you???

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            Dan Fouts rookie card.....25 cents

Chargers troll smack talking the goat.....priceless!

Whats Dan Fouts have to do with either QB. Dont have a valid argument to back up your smack so just divert???

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
              Whats this have to do with the comparison of Big Ben vs. Elway? I mean is Big Ben already ahead of John??

2-3 is a lot better that 0-1.

Roethlisberger has Elway beat on rape accusations too.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                His first ring was all D, his second was Harrison making history, and he won't be winning a third this year, so....no.

I don't like the guy, but he's a grown ass man on the field, that's for damn sure.
                in that case, elways first ring was all D and Terrell Davis

Comment

oh and ben isn't an all time great

he isn't even the best player on his team. lol

he is your typical steelers QB, carried by a godly defense.

but if he does win his third, that will at least put him as one of the best currently IMO.

Comment

Uhhhh no. 3-0 maybe.....but still.

5 Superbowl appearances > 3 Superbowl appearances

Also, think about it, Elway carried his teams to the SB 5 times, took some help from Davis to get over the hump in 97, but Ben has had a defense that allowed them to get him to the Superbowl 3 times.
                    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                      Uhhhh no. 3-0 maybe.....but still.

5 Superbowl appearances > 3 Superbowl appearances

Also, think about it, Elway carried his teams to the SB 5 times, took some help from Davis to get over the hump in 97, but Ben has had a defense that allowed them to get him to the Superbowl 3 times.
                      3 Rings before turning 30 would put him in very Rare company. How can he not be above Elway if he wins next Sunday???

Comment

He'll be known as the better QB when it's all said and done.

Comment

How can a fan of a team with zero Super Bowl rings even dare to talk smack about how many rings Elway and Roethlisberger have? Unbelievable. Change your colors and go root for the Steelers or at least look for something that San Diego can do better than Denver. Super Bowl victories = not a good subject for you.

Enjoy your Super Bowl victories.

And you want to talk about Roethlisberger? That's fine. Pittsburgh chose him with the 11th overall pick and he already won 2 Super Bowls. That's nice. San Diego drafted Eli Manning with the 1st overall pick, traded him and and he already won 1 Super Bowl. Philip Rivers remains without a ring. LOL. :wave:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                            How can a fan of a team with zero Super Bowl rings even dare to talk smack about how many rings Elway and Roethlisberger have? Unbelievable. Change your colors and go root for the Steelers or at least look for something that San Diego can do better than Denver. Super Bowl victories = not a good subject for you.

Enjoy your Super Bowl victories.

And you want to talk about Roethlisberger? That's fine. Pittsburgh chose him with the 11th overall pick and he already won 2 Super Bowls. That's nice. San Diego drafted Eli Manning with the 1st overall pick, traded him and and he already won 1 Super Bowl. Philip Rivers remains without a ring. LOL. :wave:

More deflection.....Cant say I dont blame ya. Thanks for making my point. Its always Broncos fans who only judge QBs by rings. So I guess Ben will pass Elway with a win according to you.
                            Last edited by NFLfan..MLBzzzz; 01-26-2011, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Just curious what most of you Broncos fans think about the possibility of Big Ben passing Elway as one of the Greatest QB's ever.

I mean If he wins his 3rd ring next Sunday before turning turning 30 does he leap right past John in all-time rankings???
                              Craig Morton started two super bowls , Dan Fouts and Phillip Rivers have never even been in a Super Bowl, does this mean Craig Morton passed Fouts and Rivers?

I applaud Big Ben for what he has done, and the fact that John Elway was his hero growing up, but id take Elway over Big Ben any day of the week, Ben may be the best QB to come out of that 2004 QB class with him and Eli Manning getting rings while Rivers hasent gotten anything, but he has along way to go before he can be mentioned as a hall of famer....compared to Rivers he is a hall of famer, but not when compared to Elway....hope that clears things up for everyone.
                              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X