Big Ben About to Pass Elway??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    yes but the new era was not in 1980 but in 1970 when the leagues merged.

Fran Tarkenton
    Johnny Unitis
    Bart Starr
    Len Dawson

These are the greats that played in the pre-SB and SB era I honestly dont think the best played before that.
    Those all still played in the Super Bowl era. Unitas with the Baltimore Colts, Starr with the Packers, Dawson with the Chiefs, and Tarkenton with the Vikings.

By pre-SB days I mean players like Jim Brown and Otto Graham, among others.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I here you I was in a sports bar on SB sunday for the pre-game and said OMG "thats Bart Starr they actually managed to get Bart Starr". The girl behind the counter who was a SD fan by the way said "Bart Starr who is that?". Honestly ive been overly pissed at SD fans since then.
      My dad's cousin caught several touchdown passes from him in Green Bay. In fact, my dad's cousin is in the Packers Hall of Fame and later became the on-field announcer for the Packers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
        Those all still played in the Super Bowl era. Unitas with the Baltimore Colts, Starr with the Packers, Dawson with the Chiefs, and Tarkenton with the Vikings.

By pre-SB days I mean players like Jim Brown and Otto Graham, among others.
        Thats what I mean I feel the top 20 are not in that era

YA Tittle
        Bobby Layne

They are top 40 but Ild be hard pressed to name anyone else, sorry but Otto is not really a top 50 for me, I feel the game has shifted from a RB league to a passing league over time and many of the old old school guys werent top QB's to me.
        Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 02-08-2011, 08:08 PM.
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Thats what I mean I feel the top 20 are not in that era

YA Tittle
          Bobby Lane

They are top 40 but Ild be hard pressed to name anyone else, sorry but Otto is not really a top 50 for me.
          IMHO, just because it was a long time ago that's no reason to discount their achievements. Sure, Elway has probably three times as many passing yards and twice as many touchdowns as Otto Graham. But, John Elway didn't appear in 10 straight NFL Title Games. He also doesn't have nearly a 90% win ratio as a starting QB. In fact, if memory is right, Elways is just below 60%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
            IMHO, just because it was a long time ago that's no reason to discount their achievements. Sure, Elway has probably three times as many passing yards and twice as many touchdowns as Otto Graham. But, John Elway didn't appear in 10 straight NFL Title Games. He also doesn't have nearly a 90% win ratio as a starting QB. In fact, if memory is right, Elways is just below 60%.
            I forgot Sammy Baugh was in my top 30 lol but yeah.

Elway was 64.3% and played in over 3 times as man games many games so his 57-13-1 was amazing but a bit scewed. He had 10 total game winning drives, compare to Elways 46 that isnt that impressive to me.
            Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 02-08-2011, 08:39 PM.
            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• Comparing Elway to Dirty Ben lol.

sigpic

Comment

• HEHEHEHEeeeeee!!! WORTHLESS burger! Ha! About to pass Elway! HEHEHeeeeee! Nice pick six by the way!!! :thumb: HARHARHARR!!!
                sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

• Say What?

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
                  Just curious what most of you Broncos fans think about the possibility of Big Ben passing Elway as one of the Greatest QB's ever.

I mean If he wins his 3rd ring next Sunday before turning turning 30 does he leap right past John in all-time rankings???
                  You can't be serious. It should be a crime to say Roethlisdork in the same sentence with Elway.
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Working...
                  X